What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trainwreck HSO or DrGT?

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
For you guys who love to grow and smoke trainwreck, where would you recommend a feller getting good seeds from? I want the closest to the real deal, the one that fucks you up mentally pretty bad.

I don't care to pay for Dr. GreenThmbs version if it is worth it.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I got Ghs Tw for next year. i read through a guys jounral on another fourm named Dankeohzee and hes been growing it since 2008. its got awesome mold resistance,big yeilds and potent enuff to knock ur dick in the dirt!!. i had Hso Tw this year but it didnt make it bc i stuck it in living soil to fast,but a guy i spoke with on 420 mag said its really good as well. i really like Hso they got some bomb genetics.

Last edited:

need4weed

Veteran
I grew out Dr gt's and wasn't impressed. smelt like burnt rubber, really leafy and airy.....nothing like what TW should be

St. Phatty

I have 1/2 of HSO Trainwreck. Their Purple Trainwreck. I like the way it grows, it's like someone grafted large Sativa Trainwreck buds onto an Indica stem in 6 or 8 places.

I have Greenhouse Trainwreck in my shopping cart, $7 for 1 Fem.

I think the Deion Sanders answer may be applicable, "Both".

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
picture.php
grew out Connoisseur Genetics grateful casey which is a reversed head seed casey jones. huge yield, great high

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I have grown the HSO TW, and the HSO Purple TW. Their TW turned purple outside. It made relatively large buds that were dense, and had a floral smell. Their Purple TW never went purple, it remained green for the entire cycle. The PTW was lacking in smell, and effect.

Grew GHS TW from seed 2 o 3 times. Always got the same pheno, with small rock hard buds that had oversized calyx's. Smell was that of under a pier at the ocean, rotten-ness. Great high, and bag appeal. Just low yielding in my experiences with that version.

I'm interested in the answer as well...I already have the little mini HSO collection, TW, ChemDawg, GC, and Blue Dream. Been wanting to do a run of all of them honestly, heard good things about HSO, and bought in but still haven't grown out

nick11

Veteran
Try Gh trainwreck. I grew their fem seeds a few years ago..great smoke. Plants need staking due to their floppyness though. The smell was quite complex, and the high was strong. Sorry I don't have any pics of her.

psyphish

Veteran
Grew one plant of HSO Trainwreck. Frosty large colas, that I harvested slightly too early. It was really potent and definitely not relaxing, got really paranoid every time I smoked it. Still want to grow it again and do it right.

M

Mr.Doe

Cannaventures Cookiewreck has some phenos that are spot on trainwreck with that cookie frost. Trainwreck is dominant in any cross that I have tried with it in it FWIW...

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
I'm interested in the answer as well...I already have the little mini HSO collection, TW, ChemDawg, GC, and Blue Dream. Been wanting to do a run of all of them honestly, heard good things about HSO, and bought in but still haven't grown out

put the sour blueberry on that list to lol i checked out a few grows on youtube and its a massive yeilder. i cant wait to run it outdoors next year along with Hso Blueberry headband. according to HSO blog the sour BB has excellent mold resistance. ET Bbhb is great and i will be growing it again next year as well.

black flag

I have the GHS Trainwreck and she has the nasty rotten smell DoubleTripleOG said, will flower her for the last time.
Also grew de TGA's Chernobyl, but this one on the other hand has a delicious lime slurpee smells. Beautiful plant too.
Both are not huge yielders.

Chernobyl
picture.php

I just got some TW bred by Richard Williams Seed Co. Supposed to be sourced from "Tuck's cut" from what I've read. Reports I've read say it is killer. Also say look for the running vine like pheno that falls over and has weak limbs. When if falls over it looks like a trainwreck. That's how I hear it got its name, but that's the internet for ya.

Is the trainwreck hella stretchy? Anyone run her in a vertical setup?

LH

need4weed

Veteran
Last hurrah where did you find reports on the Richard Williams line ? I've been interested in this one but couldn't find much on it

Last hurrah where did you find reports on the Richard Williams line ? I've been interested in this one but couldn't find much on it

Hey Need... I'll have to check my other pc when I get home. Very little info out there. I'm cracking the seeds in a couple of weeks, so we'll soon find out the deal.

LH

Latest posts

Latest posts