What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

loompa farms

Truthful

Yeti is some fire, but that being said it is a very problematic strain to grow. PM is an issue I've heard from from more than just a handful of growers too, I got it myself but was able to cure it with a couple horsetail tea foliar treatments. My phenos were pretty good and I'm still running one of them, if I don't give her a ton of light intensity and magnesium she looks pretty shitty then when I flip to bloom she doesn't want hardly any nitrogen, any fert that's got over 3% after week 2 bloom & claw, any N at all after the 5/6 week will cause severely foxtailed buds. Definitely not a strain for novice growers. I have never dealt with this finicky of a strain in my close to 30 yrs of gardening but I'll keep her around for quite some time because the end product is so worth the growing pains.

Truthful

When I say a ton of mag I'm not kidding this beeyotch gets 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp every watering in coco and I still need to spray her with Epsom salts every week or 2. Biggest mag whore I've run into and I've grown all the top OG and Chem cuts as well as a bunch of hybrids.

Mightyka

Veteran
next question, are you 100% they were loompa . that price tag promotes fakes . i,ve never researched his fem line . you very well could be right . the pic you put up certainly looks like loompa , in fact its a very nice plant .

i,m not saying he's king , i,m just saying he doesn't need to be bagged out , if they are facts and his fem line is hermit fair enough . don't go pissing cause it PM

I am not trying to start drama, just saying my experience with those beans. Generally it was one of most expensive beans what I ever bought and at the same time one of the worst...

Those beans were from 100% legit source. Loompa never released those fem lines in any online shop. I have been chatting with him via email and he personally sent those beans to me.

I don't know about his others fem lines but this line isn't fem at all. 11 males from 15 beans it speaks for itself. I was not angry because of hermies. I am angry because I didn't pay for some LHB bag seeds with unknown male. Furthermore, when the female phenos were shitty (I know it looks bomb but who cares how it looks when it doesn't work.)

And another think I told him about it (and sent him links to other growers LHB x TK males) and he still claim TK is pollen donor in this cross... Maybe he should pop some of those beans and take a look what a sexy males are hidden inside :D

onavelzy

Veteran
Thread Revive

Thread Revive

Just put six Yeti Fuel seeds into Root Riot plugs. Had a 100% germination rate.

picture.php

This is my first attempt at growing from seeds and just my second grow attempt at all (I have some clones that I'm cutting my teeth on right now). If you want read yet another 'beginner's thread', feel free to come by and offer any comments, corrections, etc., as you see fit. Otherwise, I will pop by here from time to time to update.

Take care,

Ona

Last edited:

JACKBAYBEH

Still have yet to grow anything from Loompa directly. I have ran a backcross of his HB cut done by an old associate of his some years back. Medic's Candy or CandyKush aka Loompa HB BX. Lost my mother from the original beans I received back in 09 but recently was gifted some F2 stock from a generous cat. Very very nice herb. My girl looked better than most any pics I have seen of the Yeti.
Would like to give that MoonDawg a look though, no doubt.

onavelzy

Veteran
Loompa Farms seedlings, one month update

Loompa Farms seedlings, one month update

Here's where the Yeti Fuel seedlings are today, day 32 (they are the six pots on the left. The others are Ace Malawis):

picture.php

I took this one to show the size a little better:

picture.php

in coco, under LED light bulbs for veg

I am growing loopma swiss gold X bubster. Got it as a freebie. Just read its a cbd strain so we will see how well it does. I have it in a grow log

YetiOG

Here's where the Yeti Fuel seedlings are today, day 32 (they are the six pots on the left. The others are Ace Malawis):

View Image

I took this one to show the size a little better:

View Image

in coco, under LED light bulbs for veg

A buddy got a pack yours look nice some diesel leaves some yet leaves. I grew reefs sour pink kush and that was another sour cross that was half and half nothing really in the middle I found. Those look cool I hope you find something in the middle.

Personally I like sour gear its very good but I like yet better personal preferance

aquavitae

this is obviously an older thread but...

loompa seeds market themselves as boutique genetics, which indicates the price range. personal preference if its worth or not. what i can say is that the yeti I had were solid and knocked everyone down, no prisoners .

compared to many aspects (e.g. when beans were 10c a pop), one could argue yes, overpriced. nonetheless, those are high quality seeds, and one could take the whole veteran situation into concern as well. loompa farms seems more legit to me than aficionado estates imo, comparable price range and same area.

aquavitae

onavelzy

Veteran
this is obviously an older thread but...

loompa seeds market themselves as boutique genetics, which indicates the price range. personal preference if its worth or not. what i can say is that the yeti I had were solid and knocked everyone down, no prisoners .

compared to many aspects (e.g. when beans were 10c a pop), one could argue yes, overpriced. nonetheless, those are high quality seeds, and one could take the whole veteran situation into concern as well. loompa farms seems more legit to me than aficionado estates imo, comparable price range and same area.

aquavitae

Here's hoping I can get something along those lines.

Update on my Yeti Fuel seedlings. I popped 6 seeds on 4/9. All seeds germinated. Three were males and they got culled.

I'm now at Day 16 from flip in a 5x5x8' tent under a 630 DE CMH. The three plants in the front of the pic are the Yeti Fuel seedlings. The net height is at about three feet from the base of the plants

picture.php

The rest of the plants are Ace Malawis. They caught up with the stretch but before that, the Yeti's were bigger and more vigorous.

Here's some YF tops:

picture.php

YetiOG

Here's hoping I can get something along those lines.

Update on my Yeti Fuel seedlings. I popped 6 seeds on 4/9. All seeds germinated. Three were males and they got culled.

I'm now at Day 16 from flip in a 5x5x8' tent under a 630 DE CMH. The three plants in the front of the pic are the Yeti Fuel seedlings. The net height is at about three feet from the base of the plants

View Image

The rest of the plants are Ace Malawis. They caught up with the stretch but before that, the Yeti's were bigger and more vigorous.

Here's some YF tops:

View Image

You have good taste of you bought the growers choice 630 cmh de

Good taste in genetics too. Yeti is dope. Those yeti fuels should be good

onavelzy

Veteran
You have good taste of you bought the growers choice 630 cmh de

Good taste in genetics too. Yeti is dope. Those yeti fuels should be good

Thanks YetiOG. I'm sure hoping they deliver. I've got three plants to work with. One of them is a little shorter overall (the front row middle plant--hasn't made it through the netting at 3 feet yet).

None of them have much smell to them yet.

Just working on getting and keeping stable environmental things now, heat, humidity, etc. I'll probably do a defoliation after the post flip stretch has slowed.

I got a little unnerved in reading some posts earlier in this thread about the finicky-ness of Yeti. We'll see how it plays out.

Ona

YetiOG

Thanks YetiOG. I'm sure hoping they deliver. I've got three plants to work with. One of them is a little shorter overall (the front row middle plant--hasn't made it through the netting at 3 feet yet).

None of them have much smell to them yet.

Just working on getting and keeping stable environmental things now, heat, humidity, etc. I'll probably do a defoliation after the post flip stretch has slowed.

I got a little unnerved in reading some posts earlier in this thread about the finicky-ness of Yeti. We'll see how it plays out.

Ona

Hey yeti is my favorite shit right now and I've grown sour crosses, I can help you out. I'm big into OG and chem I can definitely help you. Just shoot me a pm. Overall I found yeti to be a easy og some are a pain in the ass...

onavelzy

Veteran
Day 21 on the Yeti Fuels

Day 21 on the Yeti Fuels

i have three Yeti Fuels and they are all growing at slightly different rates.

picture.php

They are the three plants making up the front of the tent. The one on the left is around six inches above the canopy, the one in the middle is about 6 inches below the netting and the one on the right is about halfway between those two.

There is little to no smell to the plant, nothing distinctive to stem rubs either.

Here's some early bud pics, D 21 from flip:

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry for the blurriness. I haven't done very well getting crisp focus with the room still dark

YetiOG

i have three Yeti Fuels and they are all growing at slightly different rates.

View Image

They are the three plants making up the front of the tent. The one on the left is around six inches above the canopy, the one in the middle is about 6 inches below the netting and the one on the right is about halfway between those two.

There is little to no smell to the plant, nothing distinctive to stem rubs either.

Here's some early bud pics, D 21 from flip:

View Image

View Image

Sorry for the blurriness. I haven't done very well getting crisp focus with the room still dark

Don't worry the smell should be coming. Though My yeti clones are dank as fuck even in veg...

Not surprised they all grow different rates. The diesels will grow the fastest and stretch the highest, also will likely flower a touch longer than the yeti phenos

I hope you have a good experience with them I loved my yeti from loompa I still have 9 left too pop

Trich tyson

I recently grabbed some of Nspecta’s Fem Loompa‘s headband X Triangle kush ....When looking at it on paper Loompas release of Underdog OG UDOG in “fem” seed form it looks to be the same exact cross as csi’s new one especially with two clone onlys, so the question is if their both using the same exact LHB and TK cuts would the one CSI just dropped be essentially a genetic recombination or what some people call a V2 etc.?