What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

loompa farms

jdkronyk101

loompa is as old school as it gets up here in nor-cal. he has never chased fame or notoriety, just been seriously making seeds for the last 20 yrs nonstop. He's not like these other cali breeders, who feverishly promote their own names and genetics in the attempt to put some of their gear on every shelf in cali and now colorado/washington.
it seems to me that there is alot of ego stroking going on online in the seed/elite cut games. Loompa has integrity, and he never has allowed himself to be part of that bullshit. just keep crankin out great seeds and holds amazing elite cuts. he was around before swerves tahoe, before bogs sour bubble was even created, larrys og, or kens grandaddy...loompas work predates all of this. he and his circle hold some real deal cuts for sure...my family held his underdog og for the last ten yrs its legit..i've ran his pre98 bubba, and his masterkush, both legit.
i got lucky enough to see some of his current gear this spring in the jar, some folks in his circle have been messing with the tangie and some crosses of it, all fabulous. loompa takes the time to run his shit before he puts it out there. and he and the crew took the time to go to the 420 cup and represent..im glad they did. we need more breeders like him..work first, and recognition, well that should just be a side effect of hard work come to fruitition.
im sure you wont be disapointed.

Last edited:
B

BAKED_BEANZ

my only complaint is , its very hard to get his gear here. then also online with a decent supplier that can get them too me. hence why i pollen chuck what i get normally.

can't have everything though.... happy with what i,ve made so far.

Last edited:

Lung.Butter

just bought some hazeman headband which uses loompas headband crossed with urkle i think?

seemed like a cheaper option.

Cannavore

Veteran
think i may be becoming a bit of a fan boy of loompa,s. like doing something that hasn't been punished by hundreds of people. if you have been in the game as long as he has, have to know a thing or two.
the moondawg i have seeding is looking like its going to be very nice. sadly only got one girl .if its anything like the pic on first page be very nice.

that moondawg pictured was very indica. fat leaves no node spacing until it was flipped to flowering. so much skunky oil rag smells that transformed into lemon lime diesel fuel!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

that moondawg pictured was very indica. fat leaves no node spacing until it was flipped to flowering. so much skunky oil rag smells that transformed into lemon lime diesel fuel!

thanks for info cannavore, what was the potency like? i just grow from seed so will get to see a lot of them . got the blue dog only ended up with one short girl .she,s getting tagged by two males ......... on another note i have some bodhi lando stash seeding and the male i kept is pure purple, i just read today somewhere thats a snow lotus trait. so bit happy about that. if i,m wrong don't tell me and kill my joy.hahaha either way its a solid dude and dark getting towards black its so purple

so whats the go with not a tonne of people growing his gear?(loompa) is it price or he doesn't push it to every seed bank out there or just more old school strains people aren't that into ? like his yeti tested really high like 30% thc i think? ( don't quote me on that ) pretty sure i,m going to find some nice gear in them. from the small grow show i got.

like he grows some really nice big tree,s too from the small number of pics i,ve seen

Last edited:

jdkronyk101

so whats the go with not a tonne of people growing his gear?(loompa) is it price or he doesn't push it to every seed bank out there or just more old school strains people aren't that into ?

i can tell you he has absolutely no interest in hustling to every club in the state or internationally.. they are homegrown in nor-cal, and operate truly as such. a very small group of like minded mom-n-pop farms...not sure if he entered the 420 cup or not, but he did have a booth there sharing his flower samples and of course seeds for sale.
if your not in the triangle or standing at his booth, his gear may be difficult to find for sure..

Last edited:

Buddle

Veteran
Hi Pitty,
i test grew Loompas Moondawg f2's..Killer genetics..they know what they are doing ..believe that. I germed 7 beans..got 6 males, 1 female. She was a keeper all the way..beautiful purple tint to the nugs..It was a favorite here for as long as I had it..
Unfortunately I lost my mom while away BUT I've still got 6-8 beans left and will germ them soon..Been too long w/o any Moondawg....plus I owe Loompa a bunch of pics..

B

BAKED_BEANZ

hay buddle,
i was more impressed with the blue dog . its a real nice looking plant. fluro green plenty resin ,great chunky bud. sadly didn't make no where near the beans i wanted . but enough to go searching in the future .
i have to be honest the yeti was bit hit and miss, but I'm reserving my opinion on that till i,ve seen the f2 finish .

actually thanks for dragging the thread back up, got me thinking i better take that blue dog to f3 i,m thinking see if i can find a nice dad thats special . i have a good mate , who will let me know what he thinks of blue dog yet. he's a old fuss pot ( i know you,ll read this haha) see if he reckons its worthy or not

Loompa farms is a joke... Ran about 25 yetis and 20 foo dawgs. Honestly didn't find any keepers. There were very few phenos that smelled like 'gas'... Foo dawgs had horrible mold and finished early October. Majority yetis were prone to mold as well and were low yielding, finishing mid October. What a disappointment.....

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i didn't find them prone too mold at all, i seeded in middle of winter here . other strains had some in the crown but it didn't . wouldn't say there a joke by any means . i,m looking through f2 atm . i,m reserving my opinion on the potency till a few people have go at it . early indicators have lifted my expectations of it though .

@analogcricket, you just got an axe to grind . thats pretty obvious. you just dragged 2 loompa threads up that were dead a buried . so your just looking to rag on loompa . don't see the point of that

Homebrewer

Veteran
Loompa farms is a joke... Ran about 25 yetis and 20 foo dawgs. Honestly didn't find any keepers. There were very few phenos that smelled like 'gas'... Foo dawgs had horrible mold and finished early October. Majority yetis were prone to mold as well and were low yielding, finishing mid October. What a disappointment.....

Not every strain is meant to be run outdoors. Lesson learned?

Just trying to share my experience before others invest $$ and time on shitty genetics. Every phenotype was different. Had 2x yetis hermit out... I'd stay far from any loompas gear.. Just my 2/cents

B

BAKED_BEANZ

hermi yeah right , i grew them to seed in the middle of winter 4 deg some mornings . others strains threw a banana but they were rock solid . they were as uniform as one could hope to see.

just out of interest , what do you consider a good strain ? preferred breeder / pollen chucker

I don't have any reason to lie... Go research more yourself. Many people claiming yeti hermies.. If your that interested in loompa I would suggest digging really deep for reviews as I regret not doing more research

expealadocious

Like homebrewer said^ not every strain can run outdoors in your location with your methods.
Blaming mold on genetics is always laughable... like... they're shitty breeders because your buds grew mold?
No way is that valid, and honestly it sounds like your methods

B

BAKED_BEANZ

I don't have any reason to lie... Go research more yourself. Many people claiming yeti hermies.. If your that interested in loompa I would suggest digging really deep for reviews as I regret not doing more research

this is how i research , i buy the strain grow it out if i like it , grow more of it . rarely do a listen to internet hate groups . i prefer to find out for myself .even then if i don't like something its rare i will rag on it , let alone start calling the breeders genetics a joke .

think i,m with the post above , the first thing that stood out to me was your growing methods/skill being the problem . i just didn't really want to go there cause i don't know what exactly your experience is . but if your having mold issues and hermies its about all there is too go on atm

Last edited: