What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Do YOU do to stay Healthy..?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
lately, I have cut out soft drinks, sweet tea, white bread, and I'm damn near down to zero alcohol because of the spikes it causes in blood sugar. I have lost nearly thirty pounds in the last few months. now if I could get back the last thirty years that I seem to have misplaced...:comfort:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
lately, I have cut out soft drinks, sweet tea, white bread, and I'm damn near down to zero alcohol because of the spikes it causes in blood sugar. I have lost nearly thirty pounds in the last few months. now if I could get back the last thirty years that I seem to have misplaced...:comfort:

Agreed. haha... Fortunately, good health can remove years, or add. As for the memories, years - I deal with that too - we need to make memories to augment the other ones, and not get old...!!!!!

Lung.Butter

lift 3 times a week, walk daily about 3 - 5 miles. occasionally if i'm feeling fit i'll do hill sprints.
I eat fairly healthy but i do love choc and cake and stuff on the daily too, just make sure i get a decent amount of veg, protein and fats and its all good. I eat a lot of fish these days.

snuggles

Yoga
Resistance Training
Bodyweight Training
(Mountain)Biking (cardio)
Hiking
Rockclimbing
Skitouring

I'm outside doing something at least 3 times a week. Combined with a healthy diet (almost no red meat, but I eat fish and eggs)

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Full Court Basketball 5x5

1's and 2's ..... First team to 13 or 15 wins.....

5 days a week ... not to mention all the great contacts you can make getting to know people over time...

makedon

Veteran
3 times a week a 2o minute bodyweight workout

1 time a week some 3x3 basket ball

the key to me its to always change the excercises after a wile
thats the 30% for your body the other 70%its the food

:tiphat:

W

wodi

Paleo based diet. Chia seed pudding for breakfast, goji berries with dark chocolate and coconut for munchies. Steak and steamed veggies, keep the water from the veggies and use it to make a smoothie the next day.

sprinkl

Veteran
They sell good stuff in most supermarkets now! Got some raw cacao beans, 98% pure chocolate, peeled hemp seeds, gojiberries...
I totally ditched anything containing gluten and it seems to work wonders. Much easier to go to a toilet, more energy, less hunger feeling although I eat less. And most important to me, no sign of hayfever allergy yet, if those are related I'm not going to have any problem leaving beer and bread out of my diet. All that factory produced crap where they add wheat or extracts wasn't my thing anyway so that helps.
Glutenfree bread tastes good but it seems to have a comparable effect to me as normal bread. Hard to shit and doesn't really give energy/keep my hunger away. I feel except for people with allergies it's not much healthier than wheat based bread...

I had one beer recently, accidental habit, I immediately felt it in my stomach and the day after on the toilet, fuck me...

Everyone that ever made bread, try to imagine how that bread turns back into dough once it gets wet in your stomach, a big sticky mass, how the hell can that be good for your intestines and the life in there...

geopolitical

Vladimir Demikhov Fanboy
Veteran
I cultivate most of what I eat, do hard manual labor 4-14 hours a day (clearing forest with an axe, laying hedge, hauling water, etc.), walk at least an hour, and eat mostly vegetables and fruit with a little fish and fowl on occasion. I deliberately limit encounters that stress me and rarely drink and when I do it is our own cider or wine. I switched to edible and a vaporizer. I also make sure to bury my face in a bosom at least once a day.

Pro Tip #36 If you live to 100 make up a crazy reason for your longevity when asked. Make up a new one each time you are asked, even if the last person you told is still in earshot.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Certainly have attracted the best of the best in this innocuous thread..!

Been doing 30-40 mins in a 180degree sauna, followed by a cold shower and 10 in a steam room - after a 1 hour workout, which ends with Me doddering on an INDO BOARD, to replace the surfing I used to do 4x a week in NorCal.

Gluten_free as much as possible, no bread, a few WASA crackers with cheese avos no-nitrate salami, tahini, that's about all the gluten I get. Has changed everything.

Got a bad chest influenza after 5+ years of no sickness. Right at the change of the seasons of course. Could hear numerous peeps coughing a lot at the gym, prob where I got it. Had to do some serious recovery - as the garden still needs tending, that does not ever change. Brought on by a compromised immune system, due to being a night owl exclusively for too long. It DOES catch up witcha.

I am on my way to move to the country, 'nuff of all these people around. in winter you don;t see 'em, but now..! Watch out for those last few weeks odour-wise...! I have to be careful, as I tie things up here.

Peace, and let's all create our own BLUE ZONES>>>>!!!

Joint Lock

Modified Gracie Diet - I eat ,breath and sleep Marine Biology , Jiujitsu and Cultivation . No red meats only chicken and turkey for meats .

People who live the jiujitsu philosophy and make it a way of life have been known to live to late 90s and early 100s in age.

Carlos and Helio Gracie are prime examples

Im a student of Relson Gracie Academy . This has been my way of life from the year 2000. Jiujitsu has saved my life . without it id be some street punk . Probably on his way to prison or a casket .

Submission fighting is fun to me . A human chess if u will. Also allows u to beat someone up without hurting someone . As its all in the pressure of the joint lock .How much someone gets hurt

Green Squall

I started to eat meat this fall after being a vegetarian for almost 4 years. Gained 10 lbs in 5 months. I haven't changed my exercise routine at all, if anything I have been exercising more than usual. I might just stick to chicken and fish from now on. Anyone know if chicken is more calorie dense than fish?

Water lots /fruit and veggies/ 3 days+ of exercise / Slow breathing before bed and stretching. I think the breathing is the best way to wind down before bed so your body is relaxed and you get enough sleep