What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Negative and positive air pressure.

M

MojaveGreen

If i have a 600 CFM sidewinder fan for an intake rigged to a cooling block, and a 179 CFM fan hooked up to a 4 inch scrub, how many feet of ducting do i need to have between the intake port of my 600 CFM and the output on my cooling block?

M

MojaveGreen

I essentially want to drop the CFM rating of my intake fan without actually changing the fan, Bring 2 1/2 x 6 x 8 Cab to a state of positive air pressure.

Google variable fan speed controller. They're affordable and should be locally available. I'm not sure if any reasonable amount of duct could help slow the fan down. Hope this helps!

Ez Rider

Veteran
You can build you own, with a light dimmer switch and box from home depot/lowe's. Shouldn't cost more than $15.

intotheunknown

Veteran
images

Harbor Freight- Router Speed Controller 18$

M

MojaveGreen

You can build you own, with a light dimmer switch and box from home depot/lowe's. Shouldn't cost more than $15.

Sorry man I was going through giving positive ratings on all your guys' posts ajd I accidentally hit no on yours dude. I'm so sorry. And thank all of you guys for your help. It means a lot to me.

Greenheart

Veteran
Not sure if it does it will all fans but my vortex made a nasty buzzing noise when I used the Harbor Freight- Router Speed Controller. When I contacted them vortex suggested a dial-a-temp. No more buzzing.

Ez Rider

Veteran
Sorry man I was going through giving positive ratings on all your guys' posts ajd I accidentally hit no on yours dude. I'm so sorry. And thank all of you guys for your help. It means a lot to me.

No worries and good luck.
Not sure if it does it will all fans but my vortex made a nasty buzzing noise when I used the Harbor Freight- Router Speed Controller. When I contacted them vortex suggested a dial-a-temp. No more buzzing.

$20 is a good deal... IF IT WORKS PROPERLY... often a problem with HF's products. I saw the dial-a temp for $25 all over. Didn't know rheostats had become so reasonable... last time I looked they were more like $50.

ydijadoit

Scratching my head on this one... Why would you want positive pressure on a grow space?
Just trying to put this together in my stoner-brain :)
From what you described, I would run the 600 CFM fan as your extraction fan. You should be able to find static pressure specs for your carbon filter, ducting, and any elbows you have. You may find these drop you more than 50% right there.
If you need a powered intake, I would run the 179cfm fan as an intake booster, with a second, passive intake as well...
What is a cooling block? Haven't heard that term before.
Best of luck!

Bloom SA

Hi guys from South Africa

Been reading up a lot on CO2 enrichment. Apart from all the usual methods, is it possible to increase grow room air pressure to provide more co2. If theres naturally 300 ppm in the air, surely an increase in pressure would increase co2 that the plants can use. I understand that the percentage relative to the contents of the air would remain the same, but if I triple grow room air pressure would there not be 3 times more co2 for example? Not sure how high pressure affects plant growth so folks please help me out here

Latest posts

Latest posts