What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Fasciation

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
Hope you know I'd never ask you or anyone who gets the chance to try them out for themselves, not to call things as you/they see them. I'm not looking to pull the wool over anyone's eyes or censor anything. Just to add a bit of interest to people looking to see something new in their grow. Anything that adds interest to a hobby, I see as a good thing.

Tom Hill

Veteran
I(t hurt me to say so but I had to once agree that hybs lame ass ABC had value too, just for being different, so I can dig it. I haven't exactly earned a living from it and have no plasns to quit my day job, but in cased you haven't noticed, my offerings aren't exactly within the norm, or valued by many, lol.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
I personally know of someone currently making a living out of the apple pheno of your X-18.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
are you in California, Ive seen some of these threads pop up.... either mutation or fukishima radiation effect! lol

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
are you in California, Ive seen some of these threads pop up.... either mutation or fukishima radiation effect! lol

I'd be more inclined to say genetic. Not that I know for sure but I've got a seed line I created last year that exhibits this trait in about 10-15% of the offspring.

Summittoker,
Did you get that JF as a clone? That looks exactly like the one I used to make my seeds. Would be nice to get that back again as she's some superb smoke. At least I think so.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I had a critical mass 33 from ch9 that did the fascination thing. I never flowered out the mother, but the regualr looking clones i took always rooted. I grew it in both hydro and soil. To be honest the smoke isn't anywhere comparable to the other strains i grow. The thing is the buds look really good and get really huge and fairly dense, but no potency. I'm wondering if it's because of the mutation in the mother? She no longer exists because it was a waste of my time, and space

Ended up binning the fasciated specimen. Kinda ran out of space and it made the choice of which one had to go pretty easy. Very strange though, the fasciated stem only appeared after I topped the plant, then one of the 2 shoots fasciated. Then it sorta split back into 2 normal shoots again after about 5 inches of fasciation. Curious what she would have done in flower, but oh well.

A

Alone

That kinda reminds me of computer ribbon. That is the strangest looking centipede bud Ive ever seen. Freaky-Deeky.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

^^ Here is my fasciated drizella top
VVVV

picture.php

I'm gonna go ahead and say that smokinerb did the right thing by cutting that one fasciated top off.
At this point in time this plant is poised to yield less in the top cola, the bottom branches that are unfasciated are growing the same as bottom branches on plants w unfasciated main stems; but top cola is not forming the same amount of calyx's, putting out tons of pistils instead, as others have stated this will decrease potency as well.

gyntwaiser

Iv seen this happen to one sensi star clone.
Mainstem got flat, but no problems occurred from it.
Guess just sum mutation, havent really put any thought to it

Mikron

The same thing happens to hydrangeas when they are exposed to a fungus when the cutting is taken so it could be caused by the same thing in cannabis, this could be why when a seedling or clone is pinched the mutation occurs all of a sudden.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
420giveaway
OOOOO ^^^^ thinking back, when I had mine I was pinching stems a bit now and then, can't say for sure, but certainly couldn't rule that out.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lil update on my fasciated plant. it seems to have less stink than the other plants in the room at this point (even other drizella's) perhaps the fasciation is causeing less terps to be produced? or produced later.... (hopefully)

ill put up another pic soon

SmokinErb

Unfortunately, I didn't cut it off. I'm noticing the same thing - tons of pistils and not much else. I'll post back with a photo tonight when I get home.

There is also little trichome production compared to the other branches.