What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Williams Wonder strain

THCello

I don't know any history of the cut I've been working with recently.
It's called Williams Wonder, though it definately doesn't smell like lemons.
Though maybe that's because I'm comparing it to a Lemon Skunk in the same grow..

This girl seems to grow short and very Uniform, as if they were grown from seed.
Towards the end the fan leaves EASILY deplete Nitrogen and turn a very uniform yellow,
the buds smell more like a mix between Garlic and those old "Bugler" chips.
Oh and oddly enough, I subconsciously connect it to skunk smell.
Did the M-31 WW plant share the same skunk lineage?

Not my favorite smoke, though I haven't had any that's been thoroughly cured.
Great looking plant to grow though, would be such an easy canopy.

I live in WA, so the odds on this being the real deal are I suppose fairly high, though it doesn't seem like what everyone else is describing.

bunkerman

i'm very excited about my wonderdiesel(rez)xappalachia(topdawg) by bodhiseeds now in flowering... bodhi tell that wonderD is the best rez's strain, and also the best alltime diesel smell strain :dance013:

herbalistRoots

williams wonder came from nebraska according to adam at thseeds

waaaaaay back when peeps from nebraska living in olympia, wa always said it originated in Omaha. No one since ever corroborated that so I thought maybe it just wasn't the case but definitely interesting you mentioned that. J. King mentioned it was in the Super Sativa Seed club catalog back in 1987-'88 in cannabib1. (I know he an assho ;))

119921701l.jpg

215 User

i'm very excited about my wonderdiesel(rez)xappalachia(topdawg) by bodhiseeds now in flowering... bodhi tell that wonderD is the best rez's strain, and also the best alltime diesel smell strain :dance013:

I second that sweet lemon head flavor....

:tiphat:

WishDoctor

Willies Wonder is from SSSC not Oregon
listed as M31 on pg 8 of their seed catalog in 1988

bout the only place growing it is Oregon

and REZ was wrong thinking he had the only cuts.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Williams, Oregon in Southern Oregon is but a few miles from Wonder, Oregon

Google Maps will confirm this - this area is very remote area west of the Cascades.

61-50-7

waaaaaay back when peeps from nebraska living in olympia, wa always said it originated in Omaha. No one since ever corroborated that so I thought maybe it just wasn't the case but definitely interesting you mentioned that. J. King mentioned it was in the Super Sativa Seed club catalog back in 1987-'88 in cannabib1. (I know he an assho ;))

View Image

The Omaha Cut originated from the SSDC catalog and has been kept alive since the early nineties. Really common late nineties through early 2000s and still kicking it.

-Strong odor, think ecsd strong
-Rotting Lemon smell-different from anything else I've seen
-12 weeks
-Huge stretch
-1gw easy
-Potent soaring high

Basically a long, high yielding sativa which smells crazy strong.

Last edited:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
williams wonder came from nebraska according to adam at thseeds

the population of the tiny town of Williams Oregon would surely all deny that rumor

It is a product of that special little town, just google williams oregon and be amazed

also, do you think every seed sold back in the day was a product of the seller? Since the beginning everyone has sold others work as their own

G

growingcrazy

the population of the tiny town of Williams Oregon would surely all deny that rumor

It is a product of that special little town, just google williams oregon and be amazed

also, do you think every seed sold back in the day was a product of the seller? Since the beginning everyone has sold others work as their own

Truth!

I spend a few weeks in Williams each year, its a great place to be. Love the smells you get on a drive on the warm october days!

mack 10

Veteran
2g per watt?with a strong smell and taste, Wonder why it died out then? sounds really good.but diferent to what i'd heard about it,(ie, bland high,good yeild no taste) some one needs to bring back the old school willies.

Prodigygrower

Veteran
Bodhi came out with a cross a while back its Willie W x Super Silver Haze its called temple I believe maybe that would be your best bet looked bomb and reports that I have seen all are very good.

61-50-7

2g per watt?with a strong smell and taste, Wonder why it died out then? sounds really good.but diferent to what i'd heard about it,(ie, bland high,good yeild no taste) some one needs to bring back the old school willies.

I'm an idiot...1g per watt. The main issue is smell. It's really bad, tough to control. 12 weeks is a hard sell for people too. They chop it early and it's a shadow of itself.

I doubt there is much of anything left in seed form from late eighties genetics. I'd love to try some new crosses and see how they compare.

medicalguy

It seem like most strains today dont even come close to what was offered in the eighty's. I guess we can thank's all the wanabee breeders who have inbred and out crosses all the great genetic's from the 80's then renamed them to sell seeds that werent nowhere even close to once was a great strain. Look at sensi seeds anything you grow today from there stock doesnt even come close to what it was perfect example is hash plant. Today I dont even think it's the same plant just called hash plant

It seem like most strains today dont even come close to what was offered in the eighty's. I guess we can thank's all the wanabee breeders who have inbred and out crosses all the great genetic's from the 80's then renamed them to sell seeds that werent nowhere even close to once was a great strain.

I'm not sure I agree.

I grew a few strains from the SSSC catalog back in the late eighties. SK-#1 X Basic 5......Victor Barn....and Williams Wonder. I grew the Williams Wonder in 4" Grodan rockwell cubes on 4'X8' ebb and flow tables...with 3-400 watt hps lights on each table. State of the art for 1989. Keep in mind....there was no internet back then.

The Williams Wonder cut that I selected was a big producer that finsihed early. Believe it or not.....I was pulling the stuff down at 6 weeks. I knew it should have went longer....but the buzz was killer at six weeks....and people loved it. In these parts, it was the best anyone had seen.

Were the genetics better back then? IMHO.....no.

I'm no expert. I've never bred anything. I've grown and smoked a shitload of weed in the past fifty years. Today's weed is awesome! Great genetics can be had. Old school genetics can be had too. For the most part, many breeders were flying in the dark back in the day. Just my dumb ass opinion.

God...I love the internet!

It seem like most strains today dont even come close to what was offered in the eighty's. I guess we can thank's all the wanabee breeders who have inbred and out crosses all the great genetic's from the 80's then renamed them to sell seeds that werent nowhere even close to once was a great strain.

I'm not sure I agree.

I grew a few strains from the SSSC catalog back in the late eighties. SK-#1 X Basic 5......Victor Barn....and Williams Wonder. I grew the Williams Wonder in 4" Grodan rockwell cubes on 4'X8' ebb and flow tables...with 3-400 watt hps lights on each table. State of the art for 1989. Keep in mind....there was no internet back then.

The Williams Wonder cut that I selected was a big producer that finsihed early. Believe it or not.....I was pulling the stuff down at 6 weeks. I knew it should have went longer....but the buzz was killer at six weeks....and people loved it. In these parts, it was the best anyone had seen.

Were the genetics better back then? IMHO.....no.

I'm no expert. I've never bred anything. I've grown and smoked a shitload of weed in the past fifty years. Today's weed is awesome! Great genetics can be had. Old school genetics can be had too. For the most part, many breeders were flying in the dark back in the day. Just my dumb ass opinion.

God...I love the internet!

215 User

More like 56 days & Sour hybrids 65 days....

Trying the F3's and the stem rub is point on! Been waiting a few years for the real after messing with RM's fake WW beans.Sour Willy was the best Willy hybrid hands down & gonna make me some beans to prevent being without again.

Latest posts

Latest posts