What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama Red

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SAM_0247.jpg

This was ACE Panama Red, although the Cannabiogen should be the same. There was the 'green pheno' which is pictured and a fluffy pheno that had pink pistils. Cured they look alike except for density.

The high off this is cerebral and kind of strange in the head. My head literally felt different on this. Floating sensation in the head mostly. I put on my glasses and was looking at something and it briefly felt like my forehead was so heavy it was gonna fall off.:kos:. No visual effects at all. No noids, functional at low dose, pretty pleasant and up beat while being relaxed at the same time.

I have a hard time sitting still while on most weed even indicas, but this is one that I could, although this is better suited to being active for me. Potency is good, 8 or better out of 10. 1.5 hour high roughly. It did not hit me right away after 3 small hits, but it came on slowly with no big head rush or anything, after 10 minutes or so I was launched. Smooth heady buzz where I was higher than I realized at first.

I missed out on Panama Red back in the 70's and this was an attempt to fix that. No idea what the buzz was like on original PR besides what I have read on the net. This is very close in high and taste to some Colombian that I smoked in the 70's.

So I like it and plan to grow more. I have a grow report over at ACE section.:wave:

igrowone

Veteran
thanks for this report, been curious about this one
i missed out on the PR myself, though i saw some that was supposed to be PR
did have quite a bit of the columbian red tip, which was very good, supposedly close to the PR

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
this is already on my want list...

but now you guys are moving it up the list :D

2000pm

Nice report - how big is the diff between the ACE panama and the old school? I think the stuff I've been smoking is the ACE as well - I don't see that loose classic sativa structure on any of the pickups I've had.

W

whoever

Always wanted to give this a try, great report. Beautiful bud, what was the cure time?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The cure was 4 months. The Colombian I had back when was kinda dense nugs, not indica dense, but not real airy. It was compressed though too. I have seen pics of PR in High Times from 70's and it was loose and leafy, but more reddish than what I have.

A grower -as to why you are getting only that pheno- would keep the dense pheno and clone that, as I got twice the weight off the 1 dense pheno as compared to a fluffy one. The dense pheno might be a clearer high of the two.

Next round I will add 2 more 55 watt pl-l lights for more uv, which is important for equatorial sativas. I will also dry the buds in the sun for at least a day after I chop them, as that is how the original stuff was done. It might help with the psychedelic aspect like the uv seems to.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
I feal ya with the head high, for me it made me on top of everything, can concentrate and no tiredness or burnout. I believe trainwreck is a decendant of panama red, as a lot of traits were similar, and it kinda has the piney smell of trainwreck(or trainwreck has its piney smell) and a great taste of pine with a suttle sweetness. Good stuff! I kept the red momma.

Red pheno
picture.php

picture.php

Green pheno
picture.php

picture.php

S

slipperywhenwet

For a brief period of time back in the early Seventies we were getting elbows of Panama Red.
Don't recall it looking like Aces but hey I'd like to give it a run.

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
For a brief period of time back in the early Seventies we were getting elbows of Panama Red.
Don't recall it looking like Aces but hey I'd like to give it a run.
Yeah me too.But the PR of old,was mass grown outdoors and wasnt dryed or cured or trimmed like todays,so its going to look alot different.Alls that matters is that old school taste and buzz that brings you back to those great a$$ days of old.I have a clone of Columbian Gold,that i grew out from seeds that were stored many many moons ago from my brother before alot of people were growing indoors and he just had in a jar for who knows when.I used to try n grow em outdoors n never had much luck,but i did finnaly get a few to germ n grew them inside.They look different than the smoke i remember them comming from,but that earthy taste and kind of racey buzz is there,and thats how i remember it.The pictures in Racos postlook close to what i remember of PR.Peace and Stay Safe,DancesWithWeed :ying:

BlueGrassToker

I got to partake in some PR back in about 73-74ish. It for sure had that 'colombian redbud" look to it only you could tell upon inspection it was no common colombian.

The first joint I ever smoked of it had a very sweet piney flavor, different from other weeds of the era. It was creeper and made you forget thoughts mid-sentence, allowing one to realize how trashed they were and only being able to burst out in laughter. Higher than I had ever (enjoyably) been to that date.

I think the look of the red had a bit to do with the processing and shipping of the product. Probably why we don't see evident homegrown looking just like the old red.
But the buzz that many describe fits.

The stuff I had access to came on for a short while and then disappeared never to be seen again, sadly. Like the old Col redbud and the wonderful golds.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
She´s on fire LOL
flamethrower.gif
feuer001.gif

sup.jpg

Panama x Moño Rojo -F2 grown outdoors (guerrilla) this season :dance: ;)

031-2.jpg

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
I can tell under those trimminz,theres an old school bud with a great buzz and taste.It looks like a scary scarecrow on fire chasin ya down with his arms flapping and has horns,lol.That whole bud,just by looking at it,gives me a flashback to good times,when weed was different,but stil very stoney.It reminds me of,sitting in my friends backyard when we skipped lunch and went to his house to get stoned before going back to school.Have you smoked it yet>?If so,is the first hit like jumping in a time machine that brings ya back to 8th grade?:dance013:I love growing out strains like this,and am happy theres people out there breeding them and keeping them alive for all of us to enjoy.Great job.Peace and Stay Safe,DanceswithWeed:tiphat:

Lucky 7

Raco, that's some fine looking weed there . . .

FYI, the 70's version of Panama Red was devastating smoke; basically couldn't move for a few hours.
Had a friend who had a pound of it; got high one day & hid the # around a huge equipment building. It took him months to find it, oh yeah, most of the party was over when this shit came out!:hotbounce:party:

What did it look like? How did it taste? Who the hell knows after several hits man, you coulda been stomped by the angels and still been high as fuck.

2 cents; Lucky

twin14

i have had some sick red, but it was hard nugs,, and redder in the bud, and i never coughed ou so much before, excellnt head in the morning too......peace

Latest posts

Latest posts