What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honey QWISO Forum (lets show them why qwiso is the best)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ive been using Pantyhose for my filter from the washing. I love walking into rite aid and im scanning over what pantyhose to use. I spend like 5min looking at them all rofl.

Gray Wolf and Company, what would a better filter to use thats easy to attain. Pantyhose havent failed me yet. But would like to try something else lol.

I use either a # 1 lab filter or a coffee filter and then a syringe filter, as MT notes. Usually a 0.2 micron membrane that you can find at your corner scientific supply store or on E-Bay.

Psuper

Ive been using Pantyhose for my filter from the washing. I love walking into rite aid and im scanning over what pantyhose to use. I spend like 5min looking at them all rofl.

Gray Wolf and Company, what would a better filter to use thats easy to attain. Pantyhose havent failed me yet. But would like to try something else lol.

I use a sheet of polyester monofilament mesh in the 20μ-30μ range--

picture.php

Above sheets are 12" x 12" and 12" x 24" sheets available from amazon.com for a few dollars, though the prices go up and down on a weekly basis so you have to check for a week or two before ordering.

I haven't used a syringe filter yet but that would be the next step after filtering through something in the above mentioned range.

TripleDraw27

Veteran
^ thats right up my alley. I have seen a post or a thread, dont recall that you made..and you had these layed out. Im gonna check that out, coupled with the syringe filter...didnt even occur to me.

thanks dudes

Catchin1

well

well

well I found this old jar of weed. I do not know how old it was, but I was cleaning up the basement this past week and moved some video tapes to straighten them up and it was behind them. I was like huh? I do not remember that one. So I threw it away and kept going. I read something about qwiso and I remember my buddy told me about it. So I went and got the jar from the trash and made it from memory from reading some of threads a while ago.
it was maybe 7-10 grams of bud. I broke it up a bit but I should have done more. I did freeze it and the alcohol. I put the bud into a mason jar and put the alcohol in it and shook for 20 seconds and then drained.......my error was not straining the weed first and then filtering, I strained it out of the jar with the weed still in it......it came out very amber and clear. I put it in a pyrex plate and set a screen on it and set it out on the screened porch today. It took about 5 hours to evaporate it off and I scraped it up and it is a huge amount. it is so potent it knocked my fucking socks off.
My next batch will be much better as I am so much more informed from reading this entire thread this evening.
:wave:

jump117

Veteran
well I found this old jar of weed. I do not know how old it was,

....it came out very amber and clear.
Rare situation, not everyone can find a similar finding, unexpected joy.
Please tell me what the temperature in the basement where the jar was found,
and which consistency turned of the extract?

Catchin1

not really ha ha

not really ha ha

Rare situation, not everyone can find a similar finding, unexpected joy.
Please tell me what the temperature in the basement where the jar was found,
and which consistency turned of the extract?

well it is not really that unusual in my house. My house is four levels. The basement is entirely MINE. I even had a washer and dryer put in upstairs for my daughters so they have no reason to come in the basement, which is my MANCAVE. I leave things pretty open down there. So I guess sometime in the last two years or so I guess I shoved this jar back there. My basement during the winter can be 100 degrees from the wood stove running and in the summer is usually about 65 as it is completely underground on three sides with a walkout in the garage. The bud was light brown and faded. Smelled like shit and stale, that is why I initially threw it away.
Then I remembered QWISO.......so I thought what a perfect time to try it. So I did. It dried in the sun and it did turn all white and waxy looking but that went away and it dried solid and hard and when I scraped it it came out in a POWDERY COAGULATING looking substance that you have to put on top of weed or it melts right threw the screen. Tastes wonderful and kicks my ass. UNREAL.
I have thrown away so much weed in the yerars gone by that I could have made QWISO out of.
:wave:

My girl came home with some new face mask shit the other day and was telling me the ingredients are grapeseed oil, and vitamin E and some pharmaceutical grade acetone that evaporates from the other ingredients in seconds... So naturally, I'm thinking this needs to be used for a QWISO (or, I guess QWACE) batch - any thoughts/cautions/warnings?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
In a word, no. If you want to make extracts to smoke, it needs a pure solvent. Oils and random chemicals will dissolve in the solvent and will stick in your final product, because they cannot be evaporated out.

If you want to make QWAcetone, use acetone. I like denatured a little bit better, people said my acetone extract was pretty harsh and made them cough a bit more than they liked.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My girl came home with some new face mask shit the other day and was telling me the ingredients are grapeseed oil, and vitamin E and some pharmaceutical grade acetone that evaporates from the other ingredients in seconds... So naturally, I'm thinking this needs to be used for a QWISO (or, I guess QWACE) batch - any thoughts/cautions/warnings?

Are you refering to using Acetone or the mixture of grapeseed oil, vitamin E and acetone?

If you are refering to an acetone extraction (QWAT), I think Agnostic Taost posted his procedure, so you might do a search for acetone extraction posts under that name.

Sour Deez

I attempted to make some QWISO with my grinder. Gave it a lil wash then poured that through coffee filter. I know I used a tiny dish, and its round, but i didnt want to use one of my sisters rectangle ones and get yelled at.

How does it look so far, look ok?

picture.php

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Color looks good. I can't tell whether the solids that are forming are plant material or resin, with the size of the picture and these old eyes.

If it is plant material, I would wash it out of the dish with more alcohol and refilter. If not, bon appetite!

Please tell us how it went!

Sour Deez

Color looks good. I can't tell whether the solids that are forming are plant material or resin, with the size of the picture and these old eyes.

If it is plant material, I would wash it out of the dish with more alcohol and refilter. If not, bon appetite!

Please tell us how it went!

Thanks for the response.

When it was first filtered there wasn't a spec of anything in the alcohol, I thought I did it wrong at first, so hopefully that is resin forming?

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the response.

When it was first filtered there wasn't a spec of anything in the alcohol, I thought I did it wrong at first, so hopefully that is resin forming?

If it isn't plant material, then it is most likely resins begining to clump as the evaporating alcohol becomes super saturated with oil and it starts to precipitate out.

Sour Deez

Here it is mostly dry, its still a little moist so ill let it sit overnight. Still look ok?

Sorry this is just my first time and i just want to make sure everything is good, dont want to smoke something thats bad for my health.

picture.php

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Its looking good dude imo. When I dry in the Sun, I get the same dark Red. And when I keep it outside over night, I usually cover my dish in a screen. Smells good I bet?

Sour Deez

The final product was really black/dark red. Im assuming this is because I didnt filter it quickly first, so the alcohol sat in the keif for to long while draining.

But it bubbles like a mofo, oil does bubble right? It was a nice well bodied high, went to my eyes right away then came a nice relaxed pain free body high. Super smooth, but the taste im not to sure about, its not a sweet taste at all, but its not disgusting, its just blah. Best way I can put it. Ill try it again after work, maybe it was cause i just woke up, who knows. Filtering twice seems to be the key to get that amber color.