What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What the hell??

G

I have a mother that I cloned at 2 weeks flower,when she sexed.I then revegged the mother .My clones took off great, but now after the 5th node the leaves only have 3 blades,and the 6th node is a single blade.I was planning on starting flower in about a week.Will these goofy leaves affect flowering?

Why did you flower it before you cloned? You could have cut the top or a branch rooted it and flowered it while the donator recovered from the cut. This would have told you the sex of the donator. It isn't commonly done the way you described. The non serated oval looking leaves are the plants way of saying WTF is up wit dat? Plants do recover but your chance of cloning success % will be lowered.

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
this is the natural growth one would anticipate from a plant initiating its flowering cycle. the hormones being produced at the time you made your cut were telling your plant to start producing less leaf at the tips to make room for the calyxes (sp?) that will eventually make up the colas. now, when you made that cut the plant had no way of using those hormones that had been building up. so as soon as the plant has roots whats the first thing it wants to do? pick up where it left off. but now theres more light? the orders are changing, the stored hormones are being used up and replaced with new ones with a completely different agenda. vegetive growth resumes albiet at a slowed pace at first, but eventually she'll be fine. It's unnecesary stress, but most likely nothing to lose sleep over. just be diligent in looking for hermi's in mid to late flowering. if you notice bananas within a week before harvest you should be alright. personally i would can it if you see em earlier than a week before harvest but thats just me.

personally i do it the way hw mentioned above. take a cut while mom is still in veg, but there are plenty of people who sex first then take cut as soon as sex is known.

Last edited:
G

Your plant will straighting out. My trainwreck did that on me. Check this out and now look at it now. It will start growing normal leaves again. Got me why they do this, but i've had other strains that has done this before.
Good Luck
63TW_4-24-med.JPG

63TW_4-24a-med.JPG

63TrainWreck_7-26-med.JPG

As you can see from the last picture. My mother plant has grown out of it. It will fix itself with time. I'm guessing it was a stress issue.
Good Luck