What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time grow first time scrog in soil

Hi guys and girls im new to this site and wud just like some feed back on my first grow and first scrog grow. . . Ok so a few more details... I'm in a 1.2m grow tent with a 4"rvk extraction fan and filter and austic ducting using 600w hps, temps stay between 74f and 79f. I'm using two 30L tubs and scrog screen is around 8" from top of pots . I am growing 2 "BAGSEED" in jacks magic compost only fed with plain water untill I flower then I will introduce iconic bloom and buddhas tree pk and flush the last week or 2 before chop.... My plants are around 8weeks from seed and have pre flowers so I'm pritty sure they are both females, anyway this is my first grow and my first scrog grow so basically just want some feedback on what people think so far... all and any advice will be much appreciated DSC_1644.jpg

DSC_1642.jpg

Iv noticed they are starting to look hungry for veg nutes and don't seem to be growing as quick any more but I don't think I'm going to have enough time to fill the screen as much as I wud like unfortunately so I don't think it's worth going out and buying veg nutes... I have flower nutrients at the ready so what do you guys think I cud expect if I put them into flower now. Thanks agein

Unfortunately I'm going into flower tomorrow or in next cuple days while my plants still have some nitrogen left in them and I don't have veg nutrients . Iv read that you wait till the strech is done before feeding bloom nutrients but think I mite start from day 1 flower at half strength... Just don't want them getting anymore hungry through the first 3 weeks of flowering,, "the strech"..... And as I say I'm not going to have the time to fill up that screen as much as i would have liked to witch wil effect my end results, quite a bit I would have thought unless the strech fills up the screen more than I am expecting .. Fingers cross...... They are now 9 weeks from seed

Canna Joey

Hi bro
Make a compost tea just use some soil
It will leach out all the goodness from the soil and freshen up the soil
Let the screen fill up
Peace

Canna Joey

Hi fellowgrower420
If they need a nitrogen fix or just want to give them a boost
Take 1 gallon of new soil blend
A painters screen or pantyhose leg
Fill with the soil if you have kelp licquid and bat guano add that to the mix also 1 tablespoon Unsulphered ( black strap ) molasses place in a 5 gallon bucket and a small fish tent air stone let bubble over night and your good to go
It will do wonders for your plants

I

i0dineAlf

I'm in!

I'm in!

Looking forward to the journal. :lurk:

I'm finishing up a scrog journal now.

You can find some good information on what *not* to do.

Feel free to ask any questions. :smoke:

Yeah I probably should have started a journal instead of loads of threads and postes �� and thanks alf this is there second day 12/12 and will be there first dosage of nutrients today hope all go's well fingers crossed ��

Looking forward to the journal. :lurk:

I'm finishing up a scrog journal now.

You can find some good information on what *not* to do.

Feel free to ask any questions. :smoke:

How long did u veg with how many plants and wht do u think you will yeild at the end.? And good luck hope u yeild well buddy:tiphat:

Well woke up this morning to turn on my light and my plants just don't look very health to me but give them ther first dose of bloom nutrients at half strength hopefully they start looking a little better and start growing abit better to received_274201319958698.jpg

received_1948961048523624.jpg

received_524878961314520.jpg

received_1980073888774997.jpg

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I grow in HP promix. I use General Organic nutes. I follow the recommended dosage on the chart. Where they show a variance e.g 1.3-2.6ml/l I simply divide the delta by the amount of weeks that the plants are at (stage):

• early veg;
  • mid veg;
  • late veg;
  • transition (1 week) I always start them off with Compost tea;
  • early bloom;
  • mid bloom; and
  • late bloom.
With the exception of "early" (significant components and ratios), the other 2 "Mid and late" continue feeding at those rates, as required.

Because we transplant our girls in their final resting place prior to flipping, our plants are over potted and are susceptible to over watering, which shows up as a myriad of nute deficiencies etc... I aim for W D D F D D W:

• Water;
  • Dry; and
  • Feed.
IOW I adjust the amount of H2O to reach the "schedule". When I start to see my plants requiring to be watered after the 2nd day e.g W D W I simply up the amount by 0.5l. In my environment this has worked quite well. If I overshoot, it is not by much and I will re-adjust accordingly. Normally my 0.5l increase covers the shortcomings. That being said, VPD has to be of the correct value as that will play havoc with your grow if you don't have VPD dialed in.

My 1st grow was a learning experience. Towards the end of the grow, I learned about VPD. I had never heard of those words in the past LOL. This run, I am applying "lessons learned", and I have learned a bunch. One thing I learned is that a plant can flip almost overnight. e.g they look fine, the next day one of them or all throws a tantrum. Yes, it happens that quick. It didn't happen overnight perse, but it is a sure way of the plant to tell you "WAKE UP" I'm not happy here! The down side is that a nute deficiency, excess or lock up pretty much look the same. We see this all the time (here). It could be this or that.

I have also collected data that recommends longer vegging periods (here amongst other places). e.g 6 to 8 weeks from their 1st serrated leaves, which is normally between week one and 2 of "seedling stage" where the plants only receive soil spritzed kelp. As I don't need a lot, I can afford to veg for longer periods. The stretch is not as bad and my girls flip to flower during the "transition week". So 2 weeks as seedlings, 6-8 weeks as veg and 8-10 weeks in flower. The latter does not include the flush which I do for 2 weeks, holding back H2O for the last couple to 3 days. The last thing you want to do is cut down a plant that is full of sap, besides it makes cleaning cloth pots a breeze ).

As I gather more experience etc... I may change my approach but, I am from the camp of don't fuck with a good thing. One thing I did learn (the hard way) I will no longer grow during the summer. Too many climate changes, besides it is nice to take the summer off. I have no need for a third of fourth harvest.

ETA: Most schedules are in tbs/gal and, that dosage is based on a US gal of 128oz vs an Imperial gal of 160oz. If the recommended dosage is in metric e.g ml/l then you are golden :)

Ok thanks man. So cud even be over watering.... I didn't think I was watering that much, they normally get like one leiter of water each and there in like 30L tubs

And yeah brother sure has been an experience, and so if my plants are 9 week from seed they are only really 7 weeks?..... And yeah I hear you I will let the soil dry out a cuple days before harvest for sure and yes ther ml haha makes things easier

Canna Joey

It’s important to water through with large tubs you need to make sure your watering in the root zone how many plants per tub do you use ?

I recently went from 5 gallon bags to 3 gallon now I water every 3 days
But I also use a meter to test how wet the soil is at the root zone
Some of the biggest problems I’ve uncountered is over watering and over fertilizing
So less is more
Peace

Hi cannajoey thanks for stopping by , I only have one plant paper pot and yeah I have only been watering about a letier each.... Think I shud be watering a little bit more for how big the tubs are?? The plant on the rite seems to be doing better than she was.. But one on left don't seem to good.... Here is a cuple pics from lights on this morning DSC_1673.jpg

DSC_1672.jpg

DSC_1671.jpg

DSC_1670.jpg

DSC_1669.jpg

Plant on left has droopy leaves aswell. Do you think I need to water more thoroughly as I do not think I am over watering as the soil is alway dry about an inch or so down from top of soil wen I re water. As I say the plant on left seems to be growing abit better now

Canna Joey

Hi bro color looks good
1L per tub may not be enough does it water through and come out the bottom how is your drainage?
Some times with that much soil it’s tricky to fine the sweet spot

But they look happy give them time

Yeah I think for that size pot I shud be watering a bit more., and drainage seems fine soil gets wet and there is a little run off but deffo gana give them a little bit more water and I'm going to start and water them slower aswell coz the roots mite not have enough time to suck up the nutrients if they are just running straight through the soil fingers crossed �� that all go's well. Thanks again brother..... I'm going to give them a nice slow water/feed tomorrow wen lights go on..