What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150W LED Quantum/COB 1.25 SqFt Microgrow

thenewstyle

43F

43F

Looking good! Those are some hairy girls

they are the hairyest girls ive ever grown, maybe its the blumats or the leds or the new nutes lol. but more hairs mean more calyxs! so hopefully in the next few weeks as they start to receed ill be seeing giant bud clusters

garden update

getting frosty!
JryCJQu.jpg

dark alien looking good starting to see some pinks in the buds hopefully ill see more colors coming off her later in flower
ooWdUXj.jpg

ninja fruit getting fat! and icy!
GcPFmJ7.jpg

b-witched the frostmonster!
qkm3Vml.jpg

Last edited:

thenewstyle

47F

47F

Amazing! seems you'll have some huge buds there. chapeau :tiphat:

They really are getting big! especially ninja fruits shes gunna be a big chunker! her stem split from the weight of the buds and shes still growing like nothing even happened

Coming along nicely in here.
How do they all smell?

Yo goats! The whole cab is starting to smell put out so many different smells. dark alien is giving off a fruity/sour/kush smell. Ninjafruits smells super grapey with a bit of lemon. bwitched is the loudest of the girls she has a cakey gas smell, very unique!

cab update!

added some qb sidelighting at 350ma, they are cold to the touch but im going to keep an eye on them to make sure they arent damaging anything. hopefully they will help chunk up the lowers! ive seen some other grow where they used cxb3590 as sidelights the lower buds came out even better than the tops!

the girls

Lo4lp7u.jpg

first time taking her out of the cab in awhile she looks so much bigger when taken out
Spipfgz.jpg

ninjafruit getting nice and chunky
IplOtQR.jpg

bwitched lowers got some nice frost! smells amazing
vAnzHOe.jpg

Goats

nice to see you added the qb. i am wanting to build a cab and was looking at them for it. i just wasn't sure how close they can get to the plants before bleaching.
i will definitely follow along. what qb are you using? diy or kit?

thenewstyle

nice to see you added the qb. i am wanting to build a cab and was looking at them for it. i just wasn't sure how close they can get to the plants before bleaching.
i will definitely follow along. what qb are you using? diy or kit?

the qb are perfect for the small microgrows, when running them under 700ma they are super efficient so they give off so little heat they dont even need a heatsink. they are also so low profile without a heatsink you can pretty much mount them anywhere without taking up any growspace. it looks like i can even have them touching the lights without too much damage. The leaves that were touching the lights got a little bleached but only at the points where the leds were so i have some polka dotted lower leaves now :p

im using a qb288 board from hlg + 2cxb3590s above running at about 900ma and 2 wavy boards from photonfantomdesign as side lighting runing at 350ma. the wavy boards have the leds spaced out a bit further apart and seems to keep the boards much cooler. All the lights im running now are diy, if you havnt tried any diy you should! its super easy, after put together my first light all the others have been a breeze :biggrin:

there may still be some changes to come in the cab, ive still got 2 cxb3590s i may end up taking the qb288 off the top and mount it to the backwall then put the 2 addition cxbs up top for a total of 4 cobs and 3 qbs then run everything at 350ma-500ma for a super efficient, low temp lightception box

Last edited:

thenewstyle

49F

49F

the girls
rcgZqKf.jpg

the 3 buds in the back dark alien/ninjafruit
1862pot.jpg

ninja fruit on point
QiNl9yo.jpg

bwitched lowers looking tasty
C3ov0Yo.jpg

3-4 weeks til harvest will probably start running plain water w mammoth p in a week :woohoo:

thenewstyle

55F

55F

looking very nice

Thanks mr sparkles! means a lot coming from the master himself

garden update

everything is still putting on weight and frost, some hairs starting to change colors on dark alien and ninjafruit. b-witched is still a bit behind but shes super frosty!

osIXa2I.jpg

dark alien looking crazy

UReUgpi.jpg

so hairy still

zp4LXbc.jpg

ninjafruit/ b-witched both looking good!

0Vdo66I.jpg

B-witched lowers frosty!

JsRcoca.jpg

Last edited:

thenewstyle

60F

60F

garden update

just started the 2 week flush, will be feeding brownsugar/mammoth p the first week then just tap water for final week
dV7xrsH.jpg

dark alien getting frosty! getting a little foxtailed but hopefully they dense up in the next 2 weeks of flush
lOtpB9b.jpg

ninja fruit has the biggest buds she smells amazing and loud!
oG9GHFK.jpg

B-witched is starting to budd up a bit more up top. super frosty!! cant wait to try her
frCWe8j.jpg

popped a few beans

meatbreath/garlic breath/pugs breath from thugpug

and scoutbreath from chunkypigs
9coFeQ6.jpg

saitama

I'm in disbelief. You, sir, are a wizard. I've told you something similar before but you are truly gifted with something only a god can bestow. You've got some serious skills for micro growing. I can't possibly give you enough props.

thenewstyle

68F

68F

I'm in disbelief. You, sir, are a wizard. I've told you something similar before but you are truly gifted with something only a god can bestow. You've got some serious skills for micro growing. I can't possibly give you enough props.

Yo onepunchman, thanks for the nice compliments :] ive only just started and still have much to learn!

garden update

got a little busy last week and didnt get to check on the girls much, so sometime over the last week dark aliens blumat got clogged and stopped dripping. This cause pretty much every fan leaf to die and get all crispy. other than that little mishap everything else has been running smoothly and ive got a bunch of little seedlings getting ready for the future run

seedling list:

Thugpug-
Garlic Breath
Meat Breath
Pugs Breath
Purple Drank Breath

Symbiotic-
Purple Starburst

Uprising-
Mendo Clifton

Chunkypigs-
Pimp Juice
Fire OGKB
SFValley Breath
Scout Breath
Gorilla Breath

Rare Dankness-
Tangerine Kush

Hazeman-
Monkey Balls/Deep Chunk

Ck86FnL.jpg

dark aliens still looking alright and still growing too! not sure what im going to do with her yet, may chop in the next few days or just wait another week to chop at the planned 75day period
ZM9XIK3.jpg

ninja fruit is killing it! i cut a little sample nug last week and tested it today. Very nice loud grape/fruit/gas smells and the taste is great too!
XK5N3hC.jpg

B-witched looking killer too! she is just caked with trichs

the smell on her is very unique, its hard to describe kind of a sweet cake/ dirty feet smell lol
KkEJfd9.jpg

lowers looking niiice too!
W4gckAj.jpg

thenewstyle

decided to harvest dark alien today, all her fan leaves were dead, looked like she was still growing but didnt want to risk budrot so she got the chop!

came in around 420g wet

i cant wait to try her out in the coming weeks! this is the first time ive grown out a seed i made myself and im happy with the results even with the little mishaps. definately look forward to making new seeds/strains!

before
IPXr12H.jpg

after
8t9PLzL.jpg

hungup for dry
5OaMoqu.jpg

thenewstyle

[75F]

[75F]

Great grow! Were there any other amendments or or teas used?

yo research
there wasnt much to this grows nute schedule, i ran veg+bloom/mammoth p/calmag as needed during veg then during flower i added shine to the regimen. Towards the end during the flushing period i ran brown sugar + mammothp

garden update

cut down ninja fruit and b-witched! they are looking super tasty! the ninjafruit is starting to smell like grape candy!

ninja fruit before getting the chop
8sgDYVs.jpg

nice big nugs! she feels real heavy
1xu9co0.jpg

it was a treat trimming the ninjafruit up, it smelled so good!

final wet weight for ninja fruit is approx 200g

bwitched before the chop
rR8IQR9.jpg

bwitched is smelling amazing too, completely different from the ninjafruit though. she is covered in frost! so pretty :]

final wet weight for bwitched came in around 60g

a shot of the 3 girls trunks

Dark Alien up top in a 1gal smart pot
Ninjafruit in middle in a 2L square pot
B-Witched at bottom in a 500ml square pot
mx8UJ1v.jpg

thenewstyle

thanks mr sparkles! i gotta say going through and reading some of yours/ blynx's / reikos has made me want to get better and better!

onto the next round!

lots of seedlings have been popped! had a few that didnt break through the surface they will be replaced in few days

from top to bottom
purple starburst
meatbreath
garlic breath
scoutbreath

and night terror og in the tiny brown pot
AJuirsM.jpg

from top to bottom
pimpjuice
purple drank breath
fire ogkb
mendo clifton

and in the small brownpots
dark shadow haze
monkeyballs/deepchunk
pugsbreath

ApXjd5t.jpg

this will be the first time growing so many different strains at the same time, its gunna be fun!

thanks everyone for checking out the grow! if you do see something that can be improved please let me know im just trying to grow everyday :woohoo: