What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Another Tngreen microshow w/ more strains and more fun!

tngreen

Veteran
whats up IC, been a little while since ive had some pics up so being the first week of flower, i though it was a good time for a new grow thread. some basic info to start. The cab is 31.5"H x 26"W x 15.5"D and houses 180w of CFLs of mixed spectrums. Ventilation is 1 120mm pc fan pulling through a Can 705 filter and 1 80mm for circulation at the canopy. Medium is Botanicare Coco fed Botanicare PBP grow/bloom, LK, and Calmag.

I have 9 plants currently in the flowering room divided into 2 rubbermaid shoe boxes (6L each).

Strains in pot 1:
3 - DNA Sharksbreath (SB) and 1 - MOD Godberry (GB)

pot 2:
3 - Xyz Sweet Kush (SK) and 2 Unknown Kush bagseed (UKK)

I started with 11 seedlings, lost 2 Godberry to negligence early on and the rest of the 9 all turned out to be female, quite the luck id say. they were then vegged for 2.5 months in mostly 4" pots, some were in 2.5" pots (gotta love coco!) in that time they were all heavily trimmed about 3 times, had to throw away many a good clones but kept enough too. i was hoping to have my new cab done by now (hence longer veg time) but ran out of money so will have to do with this cab for a little while. anyways, on to the bushes.

first are the Sweet Kush (left 3) and UKK plants (right 2)

11613P7230001.JPG

11613P7230002.JPG

(2 UKK on left, 3 SK on right)
11613P7230004.JPG

11613P7230005.JPG

Sweet Kush top
11613P7230007.JPG

now the Sharksbreath (left 3) and Godberry (far right)

11613P7230009.JPG

one Sharksbreath's red stems
11613P7230010.JPG

and couple cab and group shots
(SK and UKK on left, SB and GB on the right)

11613P7230013.JPG

11613P7230014.JPG

11613P7230015.JPG

Thanks for stopping by and stick around for the fun, should be more interesting in a couple weeks. Keep it green!

tngreen

Veteran
hey zappa and thanks! well i am upgrading still but its on hold until i get more funds for equipment. Still need to buy a fan, carbon filter, light and misc hardware. These plants will most likely finish their life in the bigger cab in about a month when bills aren't behind anymore. Thanks for stopping by man, i will try to keep this updated every week and may even give a sneak peak of the new cab soon.

nice grow man..i have a few little questions for you since i have a cab that im currently workin out with dimensions relative to yours..what are your temps in the cab??ambient? and also how much cfm does your 120mm pc fan push??this will kinda give me idea on how many pc fans i need to order..once again nice grow and i can't wait to see what kinda weight these babies pull:joint:..thanks
~pbtp~

tngreen

Veteran
hey there purp and thanks! well i haven't had a thermometer in there in a long time but im pretty sure it stays at about 77-80* during the day with the light on, so about 6-8 above ambient. it may creep up into the 80s some on the hot days like its been lately but otherwise its fine. for awhile i only had the exhaust fan and no fan for circulation. this had temps a little higher but since adding that 80mm a few days ago, temps have been much lower. my 120mm fan pushes 65cfm and pulls through my Can705 filter which is rated at 35cfm, does the trick great, no smell at all. i would like a stronger fan but didn't want to sacrifice noise, this fan is almost silent. Thanks for stopping by and i can't wait to see some weight either!

tngreen

Veteran
thanks mg00c! well that last time it was actually full was with Indikilla and i got ~2.5oz but know i couldve done better. this go around i will be looking for atleast 3oz, but its up to me to keep them healthy. only time will tell.

Cymbaline

Man, gotta love your grow... it's like a little mini MJ forest! :canabis:

Watchin' and Learning... got this one marked!

tngreen

Veteran
well the little MJ forest lost a plant today, a Sweet Kush tricked me and showed some balls :badday: not a big deal though, just gives the others more room. trained them a little more, doesn't seem like the stretch is going to be too bad.

O

Orga_Nerd

Very nice. Do you ever have problems with height in there?
I have a dresser that i am converting and i am about half way done. My dimensions are 39"L X 29"h X 19"w.
I'll be watching this one. :rasta:

Oh and was wiring up all those cfl's difficult? That is about my only worry at this point.
Have fun!

tngreen

Veteran
hey there orga_nerd! well dealing with the height is a constant battle if you veg for over 2 months like i did, but otherwise the height is very manageable. to keep height down with this grow, ive used all the techniques (LST, topping, and supercropping) and has worked out well. they are in the middle of the stretch and still have about 4" before hitting the bulbs. using shorter veg times and training, you shouldn't have any problems. you can even do a scrog if you like the pure sativas (see jrw's thread).

as for the cfls, they are a breeze to wire up. just get yourself some lamp cord and wire the sockets in parallel. im sure there are diagrams all over the net to explain parallel vs. series. thanks for stopping by!

O

Orga_Nerd

Wow. two months veg.
Ya i plan to flower right after clones root.
Thanks for the advice!

Kickin'ItEasy

Hey tn. I read & enjoyed your Godbud & badseed grow. Looks like you're having success here too. I hope the new strains do you right.

Not to second guess your growing style, but is 2 months veg necessary? Does this not lead to excessively tall plants that are half stem and half flower? It seems like the plants would fill up the relatively small rooting space and grow tall enough in less than two months, since the CFLs can only penetrate so far. How did you decide on this length of time/ this height?

Keep up the good work

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Whats up TnGreen, like your grows been checking them out for a while now... Really excited to see Sharks Breath under CFL cuz thats something I've wanted to get for a while now just not sure on how to go about ordering... Good luck, so far it looks great

tngreen

Veteran
thanks for the kind words everyone!

Orga_Nerd, you are very welcome, glad i could help.

brewtxtea, thanks for the words and dropping by!

hey kickiniteasy, thanks for stopping by. the short answer to your question is bad planning on my part. they were ready to flower over a month ago and thought i was going to have my new cab done in time for them to go straight in. My original plan was to veg them out till they fill this cab and then move them over. Had to put the cab on hold so that plan didn't work out and had to start flowering in this cab. You are right though, veggin that long will give you tall plants and if i hadn't heavily trimmed and trained, these would easily be atleast 4 feet tall right now. Penetration doesn't seem to be a problem yet but im sure once the buds fill in, the lower parts will get 0 light. i trim all undergrowth so no big deal.

hey there Thunderkel and thanks for comments! im loving the Sharksbreath so far, they have a very intriguing smell that was pretty strong even in early veg. Im hoping for good things from them. I grabbed this pack on Special at Seedbay but i think they may be available through Dr.Chronic. Good luck on your search.

Whats up Connoisseur! im doing great, just trying to keep these girls healthy. wish i had some killer green to smoke but havin some in the cab is good enough for me i guess. Got some even more killer genes for next grow, more on that later though. thanks for coming by!

as for the girls, they are starting show their pretty white hairs everywhere :woohoo: will get some pics when they are showin some more. the clones are gonna be Lstd/topped soon, they are gettin a little big for my rubbermaid. later!

tngreen

Veteran
hey everyone, got a little update. the upload doesn't want to work for me right now but was able to get 3 up. We are at day 14 of 12/12 and are hopefully slowin on the stretch. ive been training them almost everyday to keep them down. also need to mention a Sharksbreath that showed some balls to me the other day, prolly mostly my doing. it was stressed to hell the whole time so its ok, i needed the space.

the pics are of the Sweet Kush & UK bush. hopefully i can get the rest uploaded soon. enjoy!

11613P8030001.JPG

11613P8030002.JPG

11613P8030005.JPG

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Looking good bro, I think I'm going to go coco next time I buy a medium but until then it's 3 cubic feet of soil lol anyway go Sharksbreath!

Latest posts

Latest posts