What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

zappa's 150w HPS stealth cab of dankness!

zappa66

Finally some pics of my new 150w HPS cab!

-The inside dimensions are 25” tall 29” wide and 20” deep.
-150w HPS + 2 30w warm cfl = 210w
-Pani whisper 120cfm (4inch inline style)
-CAN 2600 filter

I love my cab, its quite stealthy but a few kinks need to be worked out such as light proofing the passive intake, and some other minor details.

However I am sad to report on the performance of my Pani Whisper inline style fan. First let me say this WHISPER MY ASS! I use the box fan in the pic to cool the room because of the summer heat and the pani is easily as loud as the lowest setting. If the box fan is running the sounds meld together, white noise. The sound the whisper makes is not a mechanical sound but the rushing of air. I have the air being pushed through my CAN 2600 and it is still very audible without my box fan. It’s not really an issue in my situation but I was quite disappointed. Temps however are running 5-10°F above room temp (75-85 depending on day) so that works…

edit*11-12-08*
update on page 1 (first time with a filled cab)

BIG thanks to the 150w Club for all the inspiration!

Wish me luck!

:joint:

Last edited:

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
nice setup my friend, and youll have those probs dealt with in no time , im sure of it. just make sure you light tight and things should be ok.

thehammer85

instead of doing a scrog, it would probaby be easier to LST the plants and u would get better results. i did both a scrog and an lst and i found the lst more more than a few plants much easier and also with better results.

its personal opinion though its up to you. nice box though man, its looking good, and it sucks about the fan, i know my 200 cfm inline is loud as hell

nice little micro cab there..i'll be pullin one for this one..looking forward to seeing what the cab can produce..best of luck..:rasta:
~pbtp~

Cymbaline

Agreeing with pbtp, looking forward to success! :jump:

Sure do like these micro grows! :yes: I'm watching and learning...

zappa66

hmmm, so far it looks like only 4 or 5 want to sprout, I'm trying to germ my last 3 seeds but it looks like I'll be doing some LST bushes. The seeds were free but still, my plan did include them a bit GRRRRRRR! lol

zappa66

Oh fan-frigging-tastic, Hears a fun story, a moth (one of those big fat ones) attracted to the light coming from my passive intake got into the cab and was sucked into my fan. The fan seems to be fine however now the moth is bouncing around inside of my carbon filter (dead or alive I do not know). The noise is driving me out of my MIND! However the really funny part is the bit where I have to spend 4 hours disassembling my ventilation system. F***ing A!!!

jrw

Haha. It's always like that.

Rest assured, that if you spend some time ironing out issues and tweaking everything now in the beginning, in a short while your cab will be running smooth and like a charm :D

Nylon stockings for filter on your intakes, is always a good idea.

zappa66

I'll do ok I think, so far 4 have poped up...I won't count them until they have some real leafs. I started germing today my last 3 crt. m. x M. M. lets hope they do ok as well. But to be on the safe side I took 3 clones from some of my putdoor plants, and plan on taking several more.

Thanks for all the kind words evoryone!

oh and JRW: "Nylon stockings for filter on your intakes, is always a good idea."
tonight is the night, lol, thanks

edit*
spelling

Last edited:

cadillachydro

Your cab blends in real nice man, sorry to hear about your fan... Never heard of that brand. In some cases, the initial sting of more expensive equipment is well worth it in the long run...

I had pretty good luck with an Eco 6" 440cfm unit... But only after returning the first two, was the 3rd a keeper. Luckily I had a supportive hydro shop otherwise it could've been a real P.I.T.A. :spank:

Hope you get it worked out to your liking, looks like those plants have a happy home.

Keep it easy, Caddy

zappa66

Yah...all the crit. mass craped out on me (1 male and 2 runts out of 13 seeds) and then I decided to put my clones outside to make room for a seed run of Low Life mixpack I want done for next spring.

I think my seed problems were from my soil; it’s a dank compost/manure/peat mix. It’s a bit on the heavy side so I cut it with about 30 perlite. I put pre germed seeds into it about 1/2 inch deep: most of the taproots stunted or died. For the seed run I tried jiffy plugs and got all 4 seeds up. Thing is they show a bit of burn I think is form the manure. It seems potent: stains all the perlite brown, and the run off looks like tea.

zappa66

I ended up putting those clones outside to weed (pardon the pun) out the crappy ones. I ended up with 3 clones that I was satisfied with. I am now revenging them and they seem to be loving the earth juice grow, they have very green leaves. Each has between 5-7 tops and I plan on LSTing them.
I also managed to save one crit. smash female and it is just recently been looking healthy, so I have toped it.

The two plants that are flowering are my LL f2s from my summer seed run, gave a bunch of seeds away so I have like 15 left.
Out of 5 seeds I got 4 plants, 2 male runts ant thease ladies. They are quite small plants because I ended up putting them outside when I was drying my outdoor crop in the cab. While out they experienced cool temps, slowing the growth during their short vegetative state (short because they are auto).

1) LL seedling
2) LL low yield, dense.
3) LL Keeper pheno, I wish I had some pollen for this lady. It is a bud stick that latterly has buds down to the soil.
4) Crit. smash
5) U.K. revege. 1
6) Easy Sativa (sativa pheno)
7) U.K. revege. 2
8) Salvia – the good kind
9) Shroom bag – if you know anything about growing shrooms please PM me. I think a combination of too cold and too hot(?) have killed the spores

LL seedling:

It doesn’t look very good any ideas? I thought it was under ferted because its in peat moss only, but after a low dose it continued to look crappy.

Last edited:
C

Cozy Amnesia

Where the hell did you find salvia seeds?! I thought those were pretty much impossible to get. Or did you get a cutting?

zappa66

I'm flipping to 12/12 on friday. I wanted my 2 big lst bushes a bit larger but my easy sativa streaches x3 during flower, so whatever.

Easy Sativa (sat. pheno)

cit. mass - talk about bushy! look at the internode space :nono:

LL f1 in 1 l. coke bottle. Just showed hairs :jump:

"red hair" bagseed lst

peace.
"UK 1" bagseed lst - my fav. plant