What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DJshort STRAINS (you've actually grown from seed) ?

masterlow37

Veteran
What is your favorite dj strain of all, including the joint projects with chimera, legends & spice of life??? Only looking for responses from those who have grown these strains from seed (not just smoke reports from a 1 in a who even knows, elete dj cut) i'm talking buds from plants from seeds you've personally germinated/grown/harvested/cured & then and only then came to a conclusion after toking it up ? Ive read all the old dj grow reports & rarely has someone said that they've grown several dj strains from seed & that they have a favorite. I mean who wouldn't love to have an elete dj clone, but for most of us out here that aren't as privileged, we have to try from seeds & hope for the best, this is why i put so much emphasis on results you've had from seed. THANKS

TORC

I personally have grown Johnny Blaze and Grape Krush. They were both top notch and were being kept. However we had a major mite infestation where they were at and it was decided the best remedy was to cull them all:(. I still have beans and will grow them in the future.

Last edited:

organic1

Grew out Blueberry, Flo , and Blue Heaven from seed, Flo twice. All were good or great really, my favorite being the Flo. The "green" budded sativa pheno was my favorite, very long irregular branching and lots of popcorn buds, but the high and the Nepalese hash taste were to die for :yummy:

Have F13 and Flodica in the wings......

Last edited:

queg

I'm in my second flower cycle of Grape Krush.
Seeds are good and no problems germinating. Some are very mutanty and makes you worried you've done something wrong. But most have good vigor and root well in cloning.

I'm withholding final judgement on this strain until after the second run as first flower run was mainly for sexing and culling, which means small, barely rooted clones into a corner in flower room and not given very good light or TLC.

Regardless of poor treatment, I'm a bit skeptical of what GK can ultimately yeild. Sativa looking pheno is best in general, especially for smell, taste and bag appeal. But to be honest, so far I'm not so impressed with potency and type of high... I was hoping this strain would be a bit less couchy and more euphoric. I'm counting on a better 2nd run, if not I'll pass it along..

MK-Ultra

Grew out Blueberry and i grew the whole pack and found several that were very very indica, 1 Mutant tunred out the sweetest blueberry smelling plant and i wanted to keep it around because of it's vine like tendencies. Also i found a couple Blueberry Sativish plants, but the best ones were from the More Indica plants and those turned nice color's and had sweet blueberry smell while growing and during a nice cure the bud was awesome. very tasty, potent and covered colored buds.
I wanted to roder some of his Regular Blueberry again, and also 2 packs of his New True Blueberry just to see what the difference is and how the two compared. I really loved the Regular Blueberry because of the More Indica plants got pretty big and had nice fat Colas on them when i topped them also fim teqnique on a few and it was well worth my extra time. So sure they all from seed grew like little Pig Tails they swirled around and grew out of that, ended up with 1 Mutant thats the sweetest tasting bud and grew like a vine and you would never have guessed this was a MJ plant growing. I wish i would have kept this plant going. Finger's crossed to find something close but i may never because this was probably 1 in a million because the Mutant plant was killer in every way. So i loved the Regualr Blueberry Grown from seed and i will get more and also 2 packs of True Blueberry to compare will get 2 packs of ech blueberry strain. hope this info helps a little. Blueberry Regualr with more Indicas in it was awesome tasty colorful bud. you will enjoy this if you get genuine DJ Short strains. Have fun.

JDOG6000

Veteran
Blue Moonshine!!!
Smells and tastes like a better Blueberry IMO.
Plus it has an amazing aftertaste that can't be beat by Dj shorts other strains.
But that just me.

G

hi masterlow, ive tried out the sweetooth that is djs blueberry crossed with the spg cutting, and the blue satalite that is a cross between and old flo line that some call the blueberry sativa crossed with a shishkabery from djs joint project with steve at spice of life. both were grown from seed from the original breeders and were a quality smoke and grow although the blue sat wins hands down regarding high smell taste and the vigour with which she grows. a couple of sat pics.

if you are thinking of buying seeds from dj or some of the joint projects then my advice is buy them while they are still available. i missed out on some excelent joint projects being to tight to buy them at the time, i could have had the rockaberry and the moonshine rocket fuel in my garden.

greenies

DJBBF5 x OTM

DJBBF5 x OTM

Muffin smelling!
THAI Sativa pheno!

Attachments

• DJBBF5OTM.jpg
    DJBBF5OTM.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 9
  • DJBBF5xOTM.jpg
    DJBBF5xOTM.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

leet

I also grew flo in 2005 original from DJ Short , I thought it was very special cannabis... very different and unique and in a good way, very nice pleasant high also. Nice purpling also :) But I also have to say that I haven't grown other f1 directly from him so I can't comment.

WelderDan

Veteran
Blue Moonshine and Blueberry. Blue Moonshine was a beast, like Blueberry on steroids. Crossed it to a bunch of stuff including LUI. Still have some of those rolling around somewhere. Good shit, wish I kept a cut from the best female.

greenies

DJBBF5 x OTM Indica

DJBBF5 x OTM Indica

DJBBF5 x OTM Indica Pheno

Attachments

• DJOTM.jpg
    DJOTM.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 11
Don't have any pics on hand. But I grew True Blueberry from seed that I bought after a seminar by DJ. Got to hear him talk and asnwer questions for almost 2 hrs. Got a lot of tips that day. All together I've grown the True Blueberry, Grape Krush, & Flow. I used the TB in a small chuck I did. But gave most of those away. TB was a nice hash maler for me. But the flower wasnt very potent. It was a light feeder and I could never really get her to put out. Whether it was organic or salt based nutes. Definitely a light feeder.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I grew out "Pandora's Box" in 2008-9?
Very purple strain, all plants had different growth and structures, flowers were similar. All plants totally wiped my mental abilities. Like living in a fog, barely able to think and remember, it had my adhd/autism/whatever in my brain going gangbusters.

I lost 2 months of productivity, since it was the only clean source of cannabis I had. lol

I've grown out Blueberry, Flo, F-13, Grape Krush, and Blue Satellite from seed bought from DJ. They were morphologically almost identical to their parents, and incidentally to each other. A moderately tall columnar plant with one main cola, in most

I've grown Flo, Blueberry, Blue Flo, and Blue Sat. from seeds I made myself. And they came out very similar to their parents. I even made my own crosses, Blue Flo and Blueberry x F-13.

Despite their low to moderate yields, DJ strains are worth all the time and energy for the low amount of high-grade pot you can harvest.

If you're looking for something unique in taste and smell, if you don't mind some finickiness in growing, small yields, and people trying to hook some off of you after they tried it, then you might like these strains.

My favorites were Flo, F-13 x BB, F-13, and Blueberry, in that order.

martian313

Flo, F-13, Blue Heaven, Blue Velvet, Blueberry, Vanilluna, Cocoa Kush, Old time moonshine, and too many blueberry crosses to recall.

Exceptional plants in all lines, although F-13 and Flo were my absolute best (and I mean best ever in anything) I've found you can find a good blueberry type plant in most forward crosses of each line.

All unique and IMO the best of the best out there. often called finicky, actually they couldn't be simpler - by only growing in good organic soil fed with water for the entire cycle. Ensuring they are well flushed so that they are turning yellow ( and amber and purple and red !) will enhance and bring out the complex aromas and flavours, which really develops with the cure Also harvesting excactly as DJ recommends, when majority of heads are fat and clear, rather than cloudy /amber is where to find the DJ fire IMO.Overcook them and they'll still be great, but some of that DJ "clear upness" will die.
Amazing plants.

Limeygreen

Veteran
Flo is one of the best for I have tried for sure, f13 years ago was great but had some hermie issues. Happy pussy is alright but too affie for me, newberry I found one that I like and a vanilluna i found one that I like. I think I need to get more flo and cross with vanilluna for best results, maybe flo x f13.