What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

If the Current Rate of Mass Shootings (with Double Digit Casualties) Continues ???

St. Phatty

The US has had mass shootings with double-digit casualties an average of every 2 months, since the Las Vegas shootings.

The most recent ones being the shooting at the Synagogue in Pennsylvania, and at the Bar in California. The last weekend in October 2018, first weekend in November.

So now it's been 3 months since the last one.

I'm just wondering, how do you guys think this will play out ?

Will the increased rate of high-casualty mass shootings continue ?

I think it will because, there's nothing to indicate that the US is about to have a Kumbaya moment. i.e. I expect More of the Same, which means things continue as they have since October 2017.

It's not like the US economy is getting any stronger. As far as I can tell, the general public is getting more desperate. One metric there is the Record Auto Loan Delinquencies.

I guess a lot of people loan-financed new cars since 2009, mostly because they needed new cars.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/car-lo...-behind-on-car-loan-payments-red-report-says/

Then ... firearms laws ? What do you think will happen there ?

I think more and more states will tighten up. Oregon's AB43 is one example.

They tried to make Oregon's laws stricter than California's, in one fell swoop. That did not make it on to the ballot. Thank God.

However, I think the end result is that owning AR15's & AR10's is going to get more difficult, in more states.

The trend will continue to increase. There are more firearms in the U.S. than people.
the cat's out of the bag.
I'm sure there are persons who are plotting how to beat the record of confirmed kills at the mass shooting that they are planning in their twisted demented mind.
If every gun was collected, they would switch to a chemical bomb as the Oklahoma City Bomber. Humans can be brutal. It's in our genes.

Last edited:

'Boogieman'

I feel as safe as ever here in America. I live in a small Indiana town where everybody owns 15-20 guns and nobody has ever been shot or killed here. Were a big country so yes shit happens, more people die from handguns, assault rifles actually play a small role in gun violence especially in bigger cities where you don't want the cops to know your armed. I can strap an AR-15 to my back and walk down the street and the cops just wave.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
It's Trump's fault. Either that or it's Bush's fault.

LMAO

Actually, it's just nature's way of thinning the herd. The weaker animals can not avoid the predators so they die. Too damn many people on this planet for the available resources anyway. If it were up to me, I would design a virus that would kill about half the people. However, the best way to effectively to that would only be if the virus was IQ selective. Anyone under 100 IQ..... in the pit. I figure 100 would be a nice mark. I prefer about 125 but there would only be a handful of people left.

BurnOne

No damn given.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm always armed. I train regularly. There is no gun free zone wherever I am. I have a shit load of guns and three ARs. Not one of them has ever got up, went out and shot anybody.
God damn, have some common sense!
Burn1

BombBudPuffa

Veteran
It's Trump's fault. Either that or it's Bush's fault.

LMAO

Actually, it's just nature's way of thinning the herd. The weaker animals can not avoid the predators so they die. Too damn many people on this planet for the available resources anyway. If it were up to me, I would design a virus that would kill about half the people. However, the best way to effectively to that would only be if the virus was IQ selective. Anyone under 100 IQ..... in the pit. I figure 100 would be a nice mark. I prefer about 125 but there would only be a handful of people left.

You said half the pop then IQ over 100...you're going to kill 89.593656% of the people in the US with numbers like that. Better throw a softball if you want half to survive...maybe 75.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
That is some sad true shit, my friend. Albeit, IQ tests and scores have always been an issue of controversy.

One thing for sure when analyzing humans and your history... the masses have ridden on the shoulders of the few.

Medfinder

Chemon 91
Did you hear what pelosi said in regard to Trump declaring a national emergency.

If a Democrat get elected president there will be much restricted accees to firarms.

Look at all the gun free country's .... Has this stopped or slowed gun violence?

Fixed up

Did you hear what pelosi said in regard to Trump declaring a national emergency.

If a Democrat get elected president there will be much restricted accees to firarms.

Look at all the gun free country's .... Has this stopped or slowed gun violence?

You don’t even have to go to another country. Look at the US and the most gun restricted states. No bearing on shootings at all. Chicago being a prime example.

Mick

Veteran
If it were up to me, I would design a virus that would kill about half the people. However, the best way to effectively to that would only be if the virus was IQ selective. Anyone under 100 IQ..... in the pit. I figure 100 would be a nice mark. I prefer about 125 but there would only be a handful of people left.

Damn, you just killed America.

St. Phatty

Someone will blame Trump.

He's kind of new on the scene to be blamed for anything.

True the step function increase in the rate of killing, did increase during his admin, at the time of the shooting in Vegas.

But a society is like a really big boat, with a whole lot of momentum.

I wish there was some way we could force the release of all the medical records of all the mass shooters.

As best documented during the Robert Whitaker interview with Chris Martenson at Peak Prosperity about a year ago, someone very powerful during the Obama administration, managed to kill a petition that asked Obama to study the relation between SSRI's and the mass shootings. The petition was removed from the website when it got a little over 50,000 signatures.

Something "too hot to handle" there.

I think there are 3 reasons to put all the mass shooters' records online, including emails etc. -

* Education, we benefit from knowing as much as we can about the shooters.
* Healing. With PTSD, knowing the details is helpful, although disclosure of the details must be done in the right setting. We have sort of a societal PTSD from these incidents. We would benefit from knowing the details.
* Blow off Steam. When that guy started the Holy Fire down in So Cal last year, I found out his web page. People were telling him what they thought of him. What's wrong with that ?

Publicizing the details of these people is not glorifying them in any way. That is one objection I hear people raise.

I know there are patterns to these incidents. But we have to know EVERYTHING to know what the patterns are.

As far as privacy, I could give a fvck. The ones that are dead, the one that is still alive (synagogue shooter ?), they don't deserve privacy regarding their past.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

if these shootings continue @ the current rate....... it just means more soylent green for everyone else later :dunno:

Night4wings20

The more dying the better, population growth needs to stop and more humans need to die. Our species has already fucked ourselves to the point where (if you want them) future generations are pretty much fucked. A small handful of humans may survive the coming hardships but for the most part? General society doesn't have the brain capacity to truly recognize which threat is most dangerous to them.

Like @Stoner4Life said...MOREEEEEE SOYLENT GREEN! :)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
sadly we are in a time of history that still glorifies and promotes us murdering each other - in one way or another - which kinda goes along with the average tribal mind-set - at this stage in our social evolution - so until that all gets reversed - I can't really see the wood thru the trees.

Cannavore

Veteran
I feel as safe as ever here in America. I live in a small Indiana town where everybody owns 15-20 guns and nobody has ever been shot or killed here. Were a big country so yes shit happens, more people die from handguns, assault rifles actually play a small role in gun violence especially in bigger cities where you don't want the cops to know your armed. I can strap an AR-15 to my back and walk down the street and the cops just wave.

lol meanwhile multiple locations in indiana are named some of the most dangerous locations in the US

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I grew up in the hood. My neighborhood was mostly after hours bars, bootleggers, whore houses and gambling joints. I saw violence and knifings and murders damn near every day of my life.

I am pretty sure that any animal growing up in the wild would say, pretty much the same thing. Nature is violent and humans are no exception.