What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does this look familiar??

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I've been trying to figure out what my purple plant is.

Four seeds were found in one green bud with purple spots. (Probably purple leaves not trimmed all the way).
Only four out of qp so I would figure that it hermed and these are S1s(tho mine has never hermed)

Much later dealer was said it was "Purple Kush".

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

8-10 weeks
Fat dark sometimes shiny leaves. Never seen more than 7 finger leaves. Usually 3+5
It produces secondary growth from nodes very soon and seems to spend it's energy on producing growth from new nodes instead of growing taller. It just keeps growing new nodes out of new nodes. Very slow grower. Very squatty.

Doesn't show purple in veg. Nor on it's preflowers in veg
It has purple buds from beginning of flower about 2 weeks from flip irregardless of temperature. Leaves surrounding buds are purple closest to buds turning green the farther away. . Smaller younger leaves are Sometimes totally purple then fade to green as leaf grows.

Sometimes pistils have greenish tint.
picture.php

Trichomes are heavy on surrounding sugar leaf.
picture.php

It has never hermed as far as I know and it has been tortured.

Last edited:

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
The farther down the plant the less growth. Sometimes lowest branches yellow and die while top is fine.

Almost every time it has been taken outside it starts blooming immediately.

When flushing or fading the green leaves will just to yellow. They don't turn pretty colors like my other strains. Never seen the green leaves turn purple. (Besides the purple on leaves that is closest to buds)
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Smells like nehi grape or grape Kool aid followed by a very over ripe peach/plum smell. Sometimes there is a slight licorice smell. A few times outdoor had more licorice and less grape smell.

CuredBuds smell same but without the over ripe peach/plum aroma.
picture.php
picture.php

brickweeder

The 2 purple ace PCK phenos I grew out were way more purple than your's. Every sugar leaf on every bud was dark purple, even the resin was purple. Started out a nice green, then gradually got more purple during flowering. Granted, my environment was on the cool side, but i had never seen buds that were completely purple before. Your pics do not look like the PCK phenos I grew out. PCK tastes friggin great, nice rich hashy flavor, but I'll pass on the high.

brickweeder

Canna, how about a smoke report on your purple plant? Maybe that might help in the ID.

These days, everything and their mother-in-law has some purple bred into it from some purple something or another way back when, so this will probably be a mystery. I hope it smokes nice and you have seeds or a cutting.

Also, on the phenos I had, the fan leaves were a lot fatter or rounder than yours.

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Looks a lot like GG4. Does it have that same pungent sour smell? Whatever she is, she sure looks frosty. Nicely done.
Peace, God bless

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi CannaRed,

Looks like a PCK hybrid to me, but would need to check it out in person to confirm it 100 % .... it could be another purple kush strain from North America. Whatever she is, looks great and hope you enjoy her! :)

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Thanks dubi! I was hoping you'd chime in.
Is pck a very slow grower?
My plant spending all energy making node after node and not really growing taller is a very distinct trait for me. Very different from all the strains I've grown.

Dankwolf

Hi CannaRed,

Looks like a PCK hybrid to me, but would need to check it out in person to confirm it 100 % .... it could be another purple kush strain from North America. Whatever she is, looks great and hope you enjoy her! :)

I second the pck hybrid . maybe pck x grape ape but leaning towards th a pck . you will probably never know . but 99% of pck that I have seen has spicy floral aromas . interesting plant for sure . :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome,

Pure PCK and PCK x indica hybrids are not the most vigorous plants like most indica dom strains. But sativa x PCK F1 hybrids are usually very vigorous. Hope you are still enjoying this plant!

Thanks dubi! I was hoping you'd chime in.
Is pck a very slow grower?
My plant spending all energy making node after node and not really growing taller is a very distinct trait for me. Very different from all the strains I've grown.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
You are welcome,

Pure PCK and PCK x indica hybrids are not the most vigorous plants like most indica dom strains. But sativa x PCK F1 hybrids are usually very vigorous. Hope you are still enjoying this plant!

I greatly enjoy it. Love the taste, smell, and buzz
It was my first true love for a plant!

Just crossed her son back to her, and added her sons pollen to skunk special.