What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Who Knew Marijuana was a Narcotic?

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Cannabis can produce "narcotic" effects maybe that's what that means just out of context and implying more prohibition like shit to attempt to have people join his crusade... Damn prohibitionists and their bullshit.... If only a ram or goat would kick him in his nuts

CaptainDankness

It's in the definition.

narcotic noun
nar·​cot·​ic | \ när-ˈkä-tik \
Definition of narcotic (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : a drug (such as opium or morphine) that in moderate doses dulls the senses, relieves pain, and induces profound sleep but in excessive doses causes stupor, coma, or convulsions
b : a drug (such as marijuana or LSD) subject to restriction similar to that of addictive narcotics whether physiologically (see PHYSIOLOGICAL) addictive and narcotic or not
2 : something that soothes, relieves, or lulls
a public comforted by the narcotic of military supremacy

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/narcotic

herbgreen

Veteran
Technically a narcotic

not an Opiate

but we live in an era of misinformation

With whacked out official morons who want to make up the rules based on fantasy

Thinking you can control drugs with law enforcement tactics ???

Education and smart treatment is what we need... ibogain, cannabis

.... understanding addictive substances

Legalize coca leaf, peyote, mushrooms, and cannabis

A more enlightened society will emerge...:biggrin:

T

Teddybrae

Oh yeah. I knew it was a Narcotic because the Laws of this Country told me so. How come you guys don't know?

St. Phatty

Bloomberg

another Jew who wants to control the Gentiles, by controlling their access to pain medications.

I guarantee that Bloomberg & everybody in his family & circle, has access to all the pain meds they need for whatever ails them.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bloomberg

another Jew who wants to control the Gentiles, by controlling their access to pain medications.

I guarantee that Bloomberg & everybody in his family & circle, has access to all the pain meds they need for whatever ails them.
Not to mention take away our right to defend ourselves.

I'm seriously starting to dislike this guy.

Defacto

It's in the definition.
b : a drug (such as marijuana or LSD) subject to restriction similar to that of addictive narcotics whether physiologically addictive and narcotic or no

I see, so, it is a narcotic if they say it is.

(Not pointed at you CaptainDankness; I realize you are the messenger.) :)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
It's in the definition.

narcotic noun
nar·​cot·​ic | \ när-ˈkä-tik \
Definition of narcotic (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : a drug (such as opium or morphine) that in moderate doses dulls the senses, relieves pain, and induces profound sleep but in excessive doses causes stupor, coma, or convulsions
b : a drug (such as marijuana or LSD) subject to restriction similar to that of addictive narcotics whether physiologically (see PHYSIOLOGICAL) addictive and narcotic or not
2 : something that soothes, relieves, or lulls
a public comforted by the narcotic of military supremacy

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/narcotic
Then the cigarette and Chivas I'm having, as well as the coffee I'll be having in the morning are all narcotics.

It's not the first mistake Merriam has made.

Not to mention take away our right to defend ourselves.

I'm seriously starting to dislike this guy.
:laughing:

Green Squall

Michael Bloomberg better double check the opinion polls and views of his potential opponents if he has any hopes of running in 2020. A record 62% of Americans think cannabis should be legal on the Federal Level according to a 2017 Pew Research Survey. I'm ashamed this man is from my beloved Boston.

CaptainDankness

Then the cigarette and Chivas I'm having, as well as the coffee I'll be having in the morning are all narcotics.

It's not the first mistake Merriam has made.

:laughing:

I almost think the government created the word narcotic. It has a pretty loose definition, pretty much anything that gets you high that's restricted.

So no you won't be having any narcotics, just legal drugs. Kind of makes sense since narcotics officers go after all illegal drugs (narcotics).

The way I see it heroin and all should be legal. Ain't none of my business what you do to get high, if it kills you well sad sad but too fucking bad. I've had a few friends die from drugs, kind of sucks but better them than me. Had friends ruin their lives over drugs, still not my fucking problem. I like coke but I'm not dumb enough to do it every day. Why am I being punished for crack heads?

Weed is my favorite drug, but still a drug no matter what people claim. Sure it's safer than most but it gets you high.

White Beard

I have plenty of “right”-wing friends who pretend *their* definitions are value - but no-one else’s are anything of the sort...so you guys go ahead and pretend you’re gonna draw down on federal agents, that *that* will protect you...l’ll go on thinking you’re idiots...cannabis is a “narcotic” - sure thing, you dense mothers...and the dictionary rules, where cannabis is concerned...even stupider that the idea that LSD, of all things, is a “narcotic”...you fucking fools....

White Beard

Michael Bloomberg better double check the opinion polls and views of his potential opponents if he has any hopes of running in 2020. A record 62% of Americans think cannabis should be legal on the Federal Level according to a 2017 Pew Research Survey. I'm ashamed this man is from my beloved Boston.
Yeah,THAT’s what we need: another billionaire who “knows” what people want...fuck that, he knows what HE wants, and the rest of us can effing *hang*....

Tired of ‘hanging’.....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
still under federal law - cannabis seeds are even considered a 'narcotic' - since they are classified as a schedule one narcotic - in the law books.

…. cannabis seeds have no THC or any other cannabinol/drug present that could be construed as being a 'narcotic' -