What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chemistry Help - Solvent Polarity

Hey friends,

I'm trying to figure out how I can suspend cannabinoids in a non-polar solvent besides oil, alcohol, or a glycol.

I want to work with pure sucrose because it's dielectric constant seems low enough, but what should I suspend the sucrose in so that I can then work with the cannabinoids? Any tips, info, or experiences are appreciated!

Thanks!

For reference:
https://pharmlabs.unc.edu/labs/solubility/structure.htm

Is this supposed to be drinkable like a soft drink or something else?

I just want to bind the cannabinoids to a non-polar solvent to make different edibles -- could be drinks, candies, baked stuff, etc.

Mostly people are using oil but I don't want to use an oil. Glycerin doesn't work bc it's too polar. Sucrose seems like it'd be ideal because it's dielectric constant seems low enough but I haven't started experimenting.

Anyone have experience??

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey friends,

I'm trying to figure out how I can suspend cannabinoids in a non-polar solvent besides oil, alcohol, or a glycol.

I want to work with pure sucrose because it's dielectric constant seems low enough, but what should I suspend the sucrose in so that I can then work with the cannabinoids? Any tips, info, or experiences are appreciated!

Thanks!

For reference:
https://pharmlabs.unc.edu/labs/solubility/structure.htm

Here is a chart of dielectric constants.

Ethanol might work in an polar/non polar exchange.

Attachments

• Dielectric constants of solvents-1-1.jpg
    Dielectric constants of solvents-1-1.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Spinme

Classic ones come to mind like ether and dcm many others not for food altho you can most definitely drink ether... Not advisable but maybe fun on the one time for huster s Thompson or for Ireland or something

Latest posts

Latest posts