What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hypersonic Weapons, the new Danger to Humanity after nukes

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
interesting take on the potential for hypersonic weaponry to cause the next world war, even by accident, or by fear.

How to defeat Hypersonic-Missile? <<<not a great title, interesting bit starts at around the 1.40 mark

[YOUTUBEIF]GjT-LMgQW44[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

Just wait until we develop terminators. Lol, some may say it's far away but they have basically had them since before 2000 I'm sure. Drones are basically terminators early stages sure but even Russia is working on robot soldiers.

The future of warfare is going to be insane. We don't even need AI just make robots that can be controlled like Call Of Duty it's going to be bad. Nukes are another story but robots will be able to fight in the dust of a nuclear explosion. We probably will see a WW3 all depends when one side is confident in victory. Hopefully not in my lifetime but just 20 years from now technology is going to be better than you can imagine.

I would have never guessed we would go from AOL on the family computer with shitty slow dial up would turn into everyone having a much better computer in their pocket not even 20 years later. Smartphones came out a while ago.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Just wait until we develop terminators. Lol, some may say it's far away but they have basically had them since before 2000 I'm sure. Drones are basically terminators early stages sure but even Russia is working on robot soldiers.

The future of warfare is going to be insane. We don't even need AI just make robots that can be controlled like Call Of Duty it's going to be bad. Nukes are another story but robots will be able to fight in the dust of a nuclear explosion. We probably will see a WW3 all depends when one side is confident in victory. Hopefully not in my lifetime but just 20 years from now technology is going to be better than you can imagine.

I would have never guessed we would go from AOL on the family computer with shitty slow dial up would turn into everyone having a much better computer in their pocket not even 20 years later. Smartphones came out a while ago.

you got that spot on imo, nuclear strategic parity is vitally important for the continued survival of the human race, as soon as one power feels it could win a nuclear war, the danger of said war taking place is giant. this is based on the MAD theory, mutually assured destruction, which is what stopped us going to nuclear war for the last 70 years or so.

Putin understands this concept well, he has been talking about it for years check out his words to the heads of a bunch of media companies back in 2016

Putin's Warning: Full Speech 2016

[YOUTUBEIF]kqD8lIdIMRo[/YOUTUBEIF]

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I used to think there would come a day when mankind would value medical technology over weapons technology....

I now have no idea why I ever even considered it possible.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Man - is a tribal, warlike creature - that likes to think he can win something by killing his own species - when all he does by doing it - is to make his own life more dangerous - and likely that this course of action will end in his own demise -

Violence breeds violence - and if these warmongers get to unleash all of their VERY expensive and technologically brilliant new weapons at each other - there will be nothing to win at all - except total extinction of the human race - so we all lose.

But - the elites may think they will be safe in their state-of-the-art bunkers - deep beneath the surface of the world - and that they can win somehow - that they can live on someway - to emerge into a highly toxic and devastated world - irradiated and poisoned by their weapons of mass destruction - to live a life of horror and sickness for a while - until their stupidity dawns on them - and they realize how foolish they all have been - to decimate such a beautiful planet - that was so vital for their survival.

St. Phatty

I just read a bit about the theme in german, very interesting. Some say in 2022 mach 7 is possible.

Mach 9 is possible on the desktop - but it might be better if the desktop is located in a cinderblock bunker.

One of the interesting people I met at another forum claimed to be professional chemist with about 30 years' experience, who made a mistake, at home, working with PETN - Penta Erythritol Tetra-nitrate.

He described in considerable detail the fateful accident that removed much of the flesh from his hands. He had some home-made PETN, and accidentally spilled it on a hot plate. PETN has a 'Brisance' of about 10,000 feet per second (Mach 9).

So, it was sort of like riding on a hypersonic airplane, and sticking your hands out the window. (Side-stepping that most of the hypersonic trajectory occurs in a near vacuum.)

He described how it ripped the flesh off his hands, and after he was all healed, he didn't have much of a hand-shake, but he could type.

PETN sounds exotic, but I was looking for evaporated milk yesterday and DAMN !! Right there, Stevia, the kind that contains Erythritol. Long story short, beware nitrated sugars, and let a robot handle the dangerous stuff.

As far as using Missile Defense to stop Hypersonic Missiles - well, I think that's why Russia (and probably China) is/are developing Hypersonic Missiles.

There is a lot of Fraud baked into America's Missile Defense programs.

Israel has demo'd MD recently, and, some of the systems do work on slower missiles.

Klompen

The reason the US "Deep State" is freaking out so much about hypersonic weapons is because the USA is VERY behind its rivals on this issue. Actually, our "defense" contractors are so parasitic that they do not work anywhere near as efficiently as their rivals. Our government spends many times more than everyone else together and yet they are still catching up. In Russia, China, India, and elsewhere their military contractors are expected to produce weapons as a display of patriotic duty. American contractors are expected to produce weapons for as much money as they can possibly milk out of them. This is the entire reason why Russian nuclear weapons are modern and our nuclear weapons still run on floppy disks(seriously...). RAND Corporation is a mouthpiece of the American intelligence community. They're pure propagandists where they used to be global technology leaders(they even invented the very concept of the internet).

Latest posts

Latest posts