What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does Judge Judy Actually Earn $900,000 a Day??!!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
She gets paid this amount once a week and only works 52 days per year.

Is she contributing to society to the same financially equivalent extent as her effort and result?

Some NFL players make half of that.

Are they providing such a comparable service as to earn more in a few months than most will ever see in their entire lifetime?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Hypothetically... make sure these two terms apply... hypothetically...

Give yourself a three week vacation.

Buy insurance for your family.

Live in the house or apartment you do now but adjust the two terms to your hypothetical future.

How much do you need to be secure?

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Wanna guess what ethnicity she is? Hint hint... remove the last 2 letters of her first name.. tribal shit G

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
She seems angry and outspoken...

Is she from New York?

:D

If you gave me almost a mil a week I would be grinning half of the time and looking over my shoulder the other half.

(Except all of the o faces when I'm doing both so it really breaks even there)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Was a reply in there somewhere?

How are the Dodgers related to this?

If anyone is upset at someone else's narrow-minded ways remember we can change ourselves.

And perhaps even not be like them if we are trying to avoid the behavior.

Of course being proud of judging an entire group of people shouldn't be anything you wouldn't understand.... :D

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I complained about her once. In one show, a bloke was complaining that his ex wife was advertising on the internet for men. She openly stated that she let the men sleep in the same bed as their daughter and the bloke wasn't happy about it. Judge Judy said it was non of his business what happened in his exs house unless he could absolutely prove sexual assaults were taking place on his daughter.
What kind of fucked up bitch is she to say that. There's not a decent dad on earth who would stand for that.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I complained about her once. In one show, a bloke was complaining that his ex wife was advertising on the internet for men. She openly stated that she let the men sleep in the same bed as their daughter and the bloke wasn't happy about it. Judge Judy said it was non of his business what happened in his exs house unless he could absolutely prove sexual assaults were taking place on his daughter.
What kind of fucked up bitch is she to say that. There's not a decent dad on earth who would stand for that.
It's called drama. Something folks revel in these days. The whole friggin world is in the toilet.

yardgrazer

If anyone is upset at someone else's narrow-minded ways remember we can change ourselves.

And perhaps even not be like them if we are trying to avoid the behavior.

Of course being proud of judging an entire group of people shouldn't be anything you wouldn't understand.... :D

Let's look at the evidence: StormShadow has posted two anti-Semitic posts in the last few days. He has "Storm" in his name, and an image of a white cloaked warrior.

I think it's fair to presume he's a white supremacist.

shithawk420

Veteran
Ok because I watch a fair amount of Cort shows I'll tell it like it is.first of all she got famous for her show because she plays a rough bitch.pretty sure she is ok in real life.btw she's 78 or whatever.if I had to deal with fucking idiots in civil court,btw LA or wherever,I'd be a fucking bitch too.

She was a laywer.her husband was a laywer.i used to hate her but now I like her.she puts idiots in their place.

Anyway I like judge Mathis more.i love it when he calls out the obvious crack head

yardgrazer

Both she and her husband were both judges, actually, she in family court and he on the NY Supreme Court (it's weird, but in NYS the "supreme" court is actually just a trial court, the Appellate Division is the high court in NY).

As for any of these shows, it's junk television with the simple aim of garnering enough outrage to have viewership the network can market to advertisers.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
No one in entertainment earns what they are paid. Few in the civil service earn what they are paid. Plastic surgeons, well trained intelligent people, doing a tricky job, don't earn what they get paid. If you earn in a year, what it would take someone else 20 years to earn, you don't earn what you're paid. If you're lining you're pockets instead of contributing to society, you're a parasite. Why pick on her over any of the others ?

yardgrazer

The question was "Is she EARNING what she's getting paid?"

Apparently the production company thinks so. Like I said, television channels sell demographic groups to advertisers, that's the entire purpose of a TV show - to have a marketable audience. If the advertisers are willing to pay "x" amount the TV channels will continue to pay the production companies, and the production companies will pay the talent that garners that audience.

It seems Judge Judy did just that. If the market is the judge, she's worth it.

Do I think it's nuts that some people make under $20k a year working FT and someone else gets paid 900k a day? Absolutely.

Latest posts

Latest posts