What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Filling your Dry Sift Quiver

bubbleman

Veteran
In this video i show a multitude of ways to acquire the infamous 99% dry sift... from simple carding technique's to the gravity two screen tech, to a new dvd wrapped in Parchment Static method that is really blowing minds... I will be doing a photo essay in the near future, but i figure for now, i would share the info here ... Enjoy and Happy Hashing

http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC5S-uF8VLQ

Peace
Bubble man

HortiLab

That DVD wrapped in parchment paper static method looks interesting for sure.

Thanks for the inspiration bubbleman!

Daub Marley

The two screen method was originally released by drysiftwizard, and the static parchment paper method was released by time2shine. I just wanted to give a shout out and thank those who have shared their knowledge to get us to this point. You should mention your vacuum trick bubbleman. Its a good trick to have in your dry sift quiver as well.

bubbleman

Veteran
Not sure about time2shine, i was first shown the trick like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7IN27mczNU it was a card and a parchment, then my buddy D420k changed it to a dvd case, and thats how i came to this.. as for the other character you named.. I never give mention his name, as i find him to be extremely negative, and in fact was banned from this very site

Bubble man

T

tropicannayeah

Bubbleman...generally speaking, what percentage of THC is left on (or in) the plant material after it has been dry sifted several times and there are little or no trichomes visible under magnification?

From my experience, I'd guess about 10%, maybe a smidgen more, of the total plant's THC remains in the plant material.

I've noticed that thoroughly dry sifted material is not worth running through Bubblebags as the returns are minuscule (but of course, gently run material definitely is), I've made canna-butter with dry sifted plant material and the result was a low potency butter and I haven't used butane or alcohol extractions for since last century.

(edit ..I guess the easiest way would be to dissolve/extract the sifted material in a petrochemical or alcohol and then do the same to the same amount of plant material from the same tree that hasn't been sifted and note the difference.

Last edited:
T

tropicannayeah

As far as I know, all of the new hashish making methods/innovations in the past 10 or so years have been posted first on ICmag,com.

Rosin by (sorry I forgot this member's name)..a method for removing the THC from pressed dry sift
60/90 mesh 99% method by Dry Sift Wizard
Static carding by Time2share...carding with static with parchment paper and a plastic card or case.

any others?

If you watch the vid he gives credit to both individuals, although he does mention he's not a huge fan of dsw's attitude he says him by name and that it's his technique

purple_man

Veteran
high fambz!

rosin was introduced by a dude called "comphasion" if i remember right, another great tech (but time consuming)...

blessss

bubbleman

Veteran
I think people are more interested in bashing Third Eye... i see he has since edited his post to say nothing... what he had said was this

DSW is a dick 100% I agree, but I believe trust and transparency is paramount as we transition into a legalized market. I think it's important to show people that through your actions. When you use someones tek, don't give him credit for it, and the guy gets banned from the site that you are a mod and contributor...well lets just say it doesn't look good for you.

My reply is this... DSW was banned from this site, thru no actions of my own. I had zero to do with it. in fact he eventually contacted me in a huff, asking if i could go to bat for him. WHich i did. I contacted Skip and tried to apologize for him, but skip wasn't having it . Once again nothing to do with me having him banned. I then told him to get a facebook account, and invited him to Team Dry Sift.. which within a week he started attacking me for using his method. He told me how to use the method, while asking me to go to bat for him. I did, and im sorry that i did. in the meantime Time2Shine has been nothing but cool, so i am sorry i did not know his Name on Icmag, i had no idea he was even on here. I myself barely post here. That being said, i hope the dry sift quiver is well received!!!!

Peace
Bubble man

purple_man

Veteran
if its alot of material, electric grinder (for vegetables n such), else weedgrinder or scisors...

blessss

denieddd

awesome vid bman very insightful. wondering if any of these methods are used by cubangrower for his #cubantech! hes sifting some sick heads

Psuper

A method I use to clean up my bubble-hash (ice-water hash) is to aspirate all the water from the bucket after the collected resin is run through the 160µm filter bag. Fresh water is then added and the resin is run through the rest of the bags being used.

This method successfully removes contaminants; I've tried to bring this method to more people's attention without success.

picture.php

This picture above shows contaminants I collected on a 33µm screen by filtering the contaminated water i collected.

^^^ can you explain that method more. i was trying to follow it but i just couldn't.

You're rewashing your collected water hash? is that whats going on here?