What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

i weigh 260 lbs and should weigh

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great plan,one step at a time! try doing as many of your chores like shopping as you can and cut out soda if you drink those.good luck,get some good shoes!

dwarfganja

Bud you got this no prob!
When I graduate high school I weighed 190 solid! After that the next couple years of beer drinking and beer drinking....smoking...eating ETC! I was up to like 250 with a sweet looking double chin! :chin:

Good diet...regular exercise.....light on the beers im right back to 190.

:snap out of it:
Mickey: Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you! HAHA

:tiphat: Go hit the road!

great plan,one step at a time! try doing as many of your chores like shopping as you can and cut out soda if you drink those.good luck,get some good shoes!
unclefishstick,i've got good shoes (new balance) and i dont drink pop...ice cream and candy bars are what i've got to quit..

Bud you got this no prob!
When I graduate high school I weighed 190 solid! After that the next couple years of beer drinking and beer drinking....smoking...eating ETC! I was up to like 250 with a sweet looking double chin! :chin:

Good diet...regular exercise.....light on the beers im right back to 190.

:snap out of it:
Mickey: Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you! HAHA

:tiphat: Go hit the road!
dwarfganja,been sober 16 years so cant blame my lardage on alcohol but i have other"vices"..hehehe

drove up town to our little college campus and walked around for at least 30 minutes..didnt have my watch but will 2mor...wore my old ass out..will take a while to get into walkin shape but i'm ready for the challenge..if i dont do somethin now i'm gonna be 300 fkn lbs before long..it sucks bein so fat and i'm tired of it....just got into some bad habits..watchin the crop,football,baseball,too much readin..books and the internet..hadnt been on the scales in a while and when i seen 260 it shook me up...feels good to get started..been readin icmag for a couple years and didnt know this section was here....think it's called DENIAL..hehehe

gonna have a big cup of decaf and head out..legs are a bit sore from last night but i did some stretches so not too bad..gotta get this lard rollin!

K

KSP

Good for you fredcdobbs, seems like you are motivated, and results will come. I don't know if you drink tea or not, but I've been drinking green tea with cayenne pepper, seems to rev and keep the metabolism up, and might be an extra kick you can give yourself to burn the weight off. Actually tastes really good, but I like peppers.

Good luck man, keep it up!

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Your metabolism is based in large part on the amount of lean mass you carry(muscle)
If you really want to accelerate the fat lose, incorporate a little weight training into your program.

It will also help your skin pull tight again, and not leave you looking like a deflated balloon when all the fat is gone.

Good luck, and keep it up for the long haul, you didn't gain all that weight in a matter of weeks, and you won't lose it all in weeks either, so hang in there, it takes time.

Hey sup man funny thing where about the same, im 23, 6 foot 230 right now comming down from 270 =/ would like to be 190-200 got some muscle under my fat 200 would be awsome. Iv been active since i was 15 i just eat way to much wondure why... anyways That paired with 3 years of beer and fast food from "college" well lets say im back to my roots working a good steady outdoor job and i decided to make small changes and man do i feel better.

Im still working alot of my stuff out iv been losing wieght naturaly since feb. until about 20 pounds ago just from work, i know in the citys, desk jobs ect might be harder to get the exercise but even a 20min steady rutuine will make huge change.. gotta count my blessings i guess, anwyays **** baked lol cant think

anyways iv been drinking 2 kirkland weight loss shakes a day one for breakfest and lunch then i eat real food for dinner chicken is good, salads, im not to strict im trying to get over my junk food its like crack.. but if i feeel like snacking i eat healthy things like celery fruits veggys ect actually kinda feels refreashing after all the years of killing myself with junkfood and booz. I think there really helping i looked them up a bit and seam to be fine just gotta stick to it.

Kalicokitty said it best you didnt get that way over night not gonna change in 1 day but with hardwork you, and me and whoever else will achive are goals =)

Good for you fredcdobbs, seems like you are motivated, and results will come. I don't know if you drink tea or not, but I've been drinking green tea with cayenne pepper, seems to rev and keep the metabolism up, and might be an extra kick you can give yourself to burn the weight off. Actually tastes really good, but I like peppers.

Good luck man, keep it up!
do you sweeten yer tea?

i really do appreciate everybodys input..;.cant have too much information.....did a very slow 50 minute walk today..when i came to a hill i just slowed down and crawled up it..hehehe...cant believe how slow this fat has made me....still enjoyed my little hike..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dont over-do it,make sure you allow your body to rest too,it's easy to allow enthusiasm to get you into a quick injury...
it was sorta easy for me to do the same thing you are,i sold my car and quit my job at the same time so i had to walk and couldnt afford to buy fattening foods! LOL nothing beats the poverty diet! but serious,the first 6 weeks are the hardest,after your body adapts you will find yourself going for walks just because you want to,and it stops hurting after a bit as well! and as your metabolism starts to change you will find you want to eat the healthier foods because they make you feel better!

HorseMouth

Here are some easy tips for you friend.

Don't eat ANYTHING after 8 pm. Going to bed a little hungry is the money, you'll drift a pound or two for sure.

At least 3 times a day you have to get your heart rate up. This is just to kick in your metabolism and let your body work through some of the stored reserves. Heart rate up doesn't mean crazy running around or some insane cardio, just get it up beyond resting point for a little bit. The longer you are working out (excer.) the faster and longer you can keep Heart rate up.

Don't go cold turkey on the ice cream. Move to a low fat/half fat ice cream for a week or two. IMPORTANT, it took years to get that gut, It may take a year to get rid of it. Don't be discouraged.

You'll probably loose 10/12 pounds pretty fast if you are dedicated. It's the next 10 that will drive you crazy. This process will be a lot of plateau's after success. Stick with it!

Write it down, (goals, current weight, target weight) Look at it daily.

You got this for sure. We're with you!

Peace

usda101

Cut soda an french fries out your diet if you eat either . Get a WII FIT with balance board, I swear you will shed the pounds quickly . I loose 20 to 25 pounds every grow ...so i eat wat i want..... now that i know an easy fix. You have so much fun you forget your excersizing .

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
actually just lost 20-25 lbs myself down to 195 , 10 lbs to go

260 is outta control ?, how tall r u ?, get a eliptical and start by eating organic foods, eliminate all the preservatives and weird government steroids, probably adding weight training too wouldnt hurt ther champ , u can do it, dont look @ the scale everyday , but maybe rather every week , to see if you have improved . Good luck

peace TS

actually just lost 20-25 lbs myself down to 195 , 10 lbs to go

260 is outta control ?, how tall r u ?, get a eliptical and start by eating organic foods, eliminate all the preservatives and weird government steroids, probably adding weight training too wouldnt hurt ther champ , u can do it, dont look @ the scale everyday , but maybe rather every week , to see if you have improved . Good luck

peace TS
my height aint the problem..

was a bit tired this mornin but i'm feelin more energetic as the day goes on..just a fantastic evenin for a walk ..72 degrees..LETS GO GET SOME ROAD!!!