What's new

Who would have thought that a "killer whale" would kill somebody?

C

Classyathome

Yup - and yet we can't smoke MJ 'cause IT'S bad for us...

No freakin' way I'd get in a tank with one of natures most effective predators...

Why not just get a great white or two???

They say orca are VERY intelligent - but so am I, and I'd never screw with one...

Not the first time it killed someone either. That same whale had issues, I'm shocked people even consider dealing with an animal like that in a "civilized" way. Every day those animals are performing so that humans can make money. I'm not surprised that one day it decided GET THE FUCK OFF ME - and went ape-shit!

They are not meant to be tamed like dogs in a home. Its a killer whale!!! LOL

orca-killer-whale_l.jpg

(I'm not down to swim next to that thing)

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Man is nature's most effective predator. Who has who in a cage? I think Chris Rock said it best: "The tiger didn't go crazy. The tiger went TIGER!"

Bionic

Cautiously Optimistic
Veteran
Also the title "Killer Whale" was just marketing. The were initially called "Whale Killers" but it didn't have the same pizzazz, so they changed it. Technically, they are porpoises but porpoises are a sub-species of whale.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
We treat animals like they're fucking here for our entertainment. I can't feel sorry for someone that worked at a place that exploits animals....I feel bad for their family for sure though. The mystical force works in mysterious ways, I suppose....good thing, mankind can't provide any true justice.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
What else do you expect when you take a highly intelligent, free-spirited 7 ton animal, capture it, toss it in a tank 100 million times smaller than it's natural home and train it to do cheap party tricks........

Fuck are people stupid in the extreme!

Caging them is nothing compared to the military trials of training them to suffocate enemy divers and even use knives. Anyway, I assume OP is talking about a recent event? Link?

iSmokeTrees

Seriously, I know their technical name is Orca, and I also know they're the most effective predators worldwide. Shamu was a farce. Hell, I grew up when SeaWorld was a big deal, I've been to SeaWorld, and I always thought it was crazy that they had those whales doing that kind of stuff.

I'm not going to give you negative rep as it'd be stupid, but did you ever think it might be a good idea to post a link to the article/news story...

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also the title "Killer Whale" was just marketing. The were initially called "Whale Killers" but it didn't have the same pizzazz, so they changed it. Technically, they are porpoises but porpoises are a sub-species of whale.

New name, marketing revamp:

DEATH PORPOISE!!!!

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
I love when people mess with wild animals or animals that weigh several tons and are surprised when the animal turns and kills them. Bloody fucking morons.

No doubt that the Killer Whale is the apex predator of the ocean. I saw a show about Orca's killing Great White sharks off the coast of Cali pretty much just because they could. Might have ate the liver. It was just a few weeks ago. I'm pretty much against any kind of wild animal being held captive unless it's to save an endangered species or nurse one back to health.

Big Foot

Did you guys not see "Free Willy," orca's are tanks. But honestly people who get attacked by whales in captivity, had to it coming to them, "Karma, right?"

Latest posts

Latest posts