What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

getting "higher" through different methods

ourcee

so I'm curious. Do you think you get "higher" through different smoking apparatuses?

Lots of people I know say "oh man when I smoke out of bongs I get sooooo high!"

then lots of other people I know say "oh man when I smoke blunts I get retarded"

Me personally I have (apparently) a re-fuckin-diculously high tolerance. I dont get "higher" from any method per se. I dont feel that its physically possible to get "higher" from a toro bong or a roor versus a standard bong. It might be smoother with 17 mini percs but its not a more potent smoke.

Long story short you need X amount of THC to have the desired effects, certain methods may get you X amount quicker or cleaner, however does it get you higher? The effects being stronger or different?

I dont think you can get "higher" off of the same weed using one smoking method vs another.

The only exception being vapes because the chemical composition of a vape hit versus a bong rip is vastly different.

anyways, I'm not as high as I wish I was, but obviously high enough to start a random ass thread. hence the subject of my randomness.

ourcee

edibles dont even come CLOSE

I've had some "top notch" edibles from a co op, they were weak as FUCK, (i know its hit or miss with edibles at co ops, but this is a WELL KNOWN co op with HYPED edibles)

I made a batch of cookies with some of my trim, I used 3 oz of sugartrim/popcorn for one batch of cookies, yeah I felt sedated and body high for sure, but that was a batch that I personally made, and put a metric shit-ton of high quality trim in. I was sedated like I said, not retardedly high. However i know they were potent as fuck because I gave one to my buddy (this was spring break btw) and he was on the bed for 20 hours. This is one of those over energetic overly enthusiastic people too, hahaha it was kinda funny actually..

ourcee

honestly i think it comes down to the size of the hits you take, when smoking bongs

yeah but see thats what I mean, 3 small hits would equal 1 big one in sheer volume of smoke.

this is what I was curious on though because in my experience, the 3 hits and 1 big hit will all have about the same effect, just the 1 hit gets the thc into my system a couple seconds quicker... possibly having a quicker FULL onset, however once I get 'high' whether it was 3 hits or 1 or 30. big ones small ones, if its the same weed, I wont get "higher".

30 minutes into it I will be at the same level.

I think a lot of how high you can get is psychological actually.

Mangoes

Mangoes

Mangoes contain a chemical terpine that facilitates the transition of THC in the brain! Eat some fresh mango a half hour before you smoke and try it out then. Really helps when smoking schwag.:abduct:

ourcee

Mangoes contain a chemical terpine that facilitates the transition of THC in the brain! Eat some fresh mango a half hour before you smoke and try it out then. Really helps when smoking schwag.:abduct:

for real?!? anyone else ever heard this?

I LOVE MANGOS!

okay if this is true, then theres a way to extract said terpine and... idk... mist it on the buds or something?

TwoOhSix!

Haha no you CAN get higher off bongs. When the THC hits you all at once so quickly it will get you higher than 10 pipe or joint hits spread over time.

It's like drinking 5 shots of liquor pretty fast....compared to spread out over the night.

However it is interesting that you say Toros and ROORs don't really get you higher than normal, I think you may have a valid point there. A homemade gravity bong could get u just as high if not higher

M

movingtocally

You've smoked yourself retarded.

L

LolaGal

take a bong hit,

hit a whip it.

99.999% of people who've tried recommend it to their dentist.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahaha...You know...

hahaha...You know...

It is interesting, actually.

I used to have a friend that swore up and down (and I tend to agree with him) that if you are smoking a sativa dominant strain, and you really want that palm sweaty racy edge, take 500mg of Vitamin C about 30 min before sitting down to toke.

Every time I have done this, even though I tend to not enjoy sativa smokes for medical reasons....it does in fact REALLY increase the feeling of the buzz. Makes it VERY uncomfortable for me....very racy, very paranoid, very heart thumping....not sure why.

NOW, take it with a grain of salt, because I have said this to others before, and they scoffed at the idea. All I can say, is try it yourself, and see what you discover. It may be only certain people that are affected by this, or it may just be power of suggestion...who really knows...

dank.Frank

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
take a bong hit,

hit a whip it.

99.999% of people who've tried recommend it to their dentist.

Whaaa-whaaaa-whaaaa-whaaaa-whaaaa

angela_laughing_gas.jpg

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
My fav we called the 'wombat' where we rolled a fat joint then reverse-sat on the couch with our backs on the seat and feet hanging over the back. We then passed the joint while trying to watch cartoons upside-down on the TV. Somehow all the coughing and the blood already at yer mellon was enough .. a good cartoon and that was the part that got you to wastoid land.

bugaloos.jpg

C

Chamba

Ourcee.........your problem is one I tend to suffer from at times - a very high tolerance due to smoking great bud, too much, too often...so much so you probably don't really get high at all, just buzzed Try this if you want to feel like the first time you really got high as phuck, don't smoke for 3 days then one bowl will get you higher than ten bowls usually do. Another way is to smoke every second day. Do this and you will begin to appreciate cannabis a lot more and get way higher. Its not easy to do, try to keep busy and active.

re : edibles

Just about everyone looking for a fun high makes the mistake of trying to make edibles with any strain that has any more than a hint of couch lock in the high when smoked. These indica strains when cooked send most people to sleep or give a boring stone, not a high, while this might be good for some medical patients, eating most commercial stains is almost always boring. Indicas are best made into hash, sativas are often too "fast" for some when smoked but are great fun when eaten. I don't often cook cannabis, but when I do it is always with sativas.

LilMan72003

hahahaha Frank, they say the same thing about vitamin C and mushrooms.
all balogne in my opinion.

will say that edibles are no joke,
I smoke a good amount of top quality every day,
but one red dot THC pill from the Harborside health center had me straight up trippin.
Never thought of THC as a hallucinogen until that experience...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

meditate or somehow find yourself in
the calmest possible circumstances,
it stands to reason that your high will
be best if not challenged by adversities.

if you were pissed off by your job or
school and caught a buzz you'd need
to overcome those emotions before
enjoying what's left of that high.......

so perhaps if you find yourself getting
high as a form of escapism from lifes
turmoils you might be needing to work
on bettering your surroundings etc.

ourcee

My fav we called the 'wombat' where we rolled a fat joint then reverse-sat on the couch with our backs on the seat and feet hanging over the back. We then passed the joint while trying to watch cartoons upside-down on the TV. Somehow all the coughing and the blood already at yer mellon was enough .. a good cartoon and that was the part that got you to wastoid land.

bugaloos.jpg

ohmyfuckinggod I am so doing that.

C

Chamba

I love eating big juicy mangoes

but every time I eat one, I feel like I need a shower afterwards! lol

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
To answer your qustion its not really not about smoothness or how clean the weed is, its about efficiency. The order tends to go like this joint,blunt,pipe,bong,vape.

this has a lot to do with the temps that your weed is getting at, as i'm sure most of you know most of the THC exposed to a flame is destroyed once it touches it. The reason you get high off a joint is not because your setting the cherry on fire but the heat coming of the cherry is literally vaporizing the THC behind it. Thats why the roach of a joint has that brownish weed covered in resin. Its the vaped weed cooling down before it comes out (or resin), it will also turn brown due to the heat. Hence the longer the joint or blunt the higher you could potentially get if the cherry is hot enough to vape what is behind it. Thats why I put blunt in front of joint because usually they are longer.

It's a little different with bongs and pipes. Though essentially its the same thing. For instance a pipe is going to get hotter all around and potentiality incinerate more of your weed because its all one piece. Yet, bongs will flash vape/burn all your weed pretty quickly so you have less destroyed material , there for more THC and more fuckedupness.

Latest posts

Latest posts