What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Huge Santa Barbara County wildfire caused by marijuana farm

A fire that has burned more than 75,000 acres in Santa Barbara County over the last week was started in an illegal marijuana growing area operated by a Mexican drug organization, authorities said.

Authorities said they confirmed that the blaze, which is burning out of control, started in a cooking area of the pot farm. They believe those responsible are still in the forest area trying leave the forest by foot.

"The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Narcotics Unit has confirmed that the camp at the origin of the fire was an illegal marijuana operation believed to be run by a Mexican national drug organization," according to a statement from the Los Padres National Forest. "The Narcotics Unit has been working in the area within the last month eradicating other nearby marijuana cultivation sites."

The location of those who ran the pot farm isn't known, but forest officials warn "not to approach anyone who looks suspicious but to instead contact the nearest law enforcement agency."

rooted

time to alert the militia, start shooting illegals on sight

i for one am sick of this shit

i hope they get caught and spend the rest of their lives rotting in prison.....or worse, just send them back home :D

sorry but that's ^ the PG-13 version of what i'm really thinking

The inevitable and predictable result of PROHIBITION. Plain and simple. Until we are free to grow when and as much as we please as adults without the law bothering us, this will continue.

Don't blame the poor slobs that are trying to feed their families by working like slaves growing weed in the forest. Their bosses are just entrepreneurs who know that even a fraction of the grows that get thru to bloom and harvest will reap fortunes.

Low level drones are not the problem, as we should not want to stone then to death...after all, growing ganja IS righteous, correct? Even with bad motives it is all just plant growing and business as usual. I don't hate the people involved: I hate the politicians who perpetuate this insane drug war and ignore all scientific and other evidence with brazen boldness.

They lie and lie and even when the rare reporter actually calls them on it, they just lie some more. The problem, as well as the only solution, lies in getting rid of bad politicians and replacing them with those who will actually reflect the will of the people. Good luck anytime soon with that. Until then , expect more stories like this.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
"time to alert the militia, start shooting illegals on sight"

What does an illegal look like?

So I know what to look out for.

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
The inevitable and predictable result of PROHIBITION. Plain and simple. Until we are free to grow when and as much as we please as adults without the law bothering us, this will continue.

That's what I was about to say. :yeahthats:

emmy75

or how about hispanic males who probably speak little to no English. this would be a more accurate desciption

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Sounds like drastic measures to me, but I'm not the one shakin in my boots. Can't say as I blame you. To wake up feeling surrounded and as completely helpless as you must to advocate the shooting Mexicans or any Hispanic on sight?!? Well.... thats gotta suck! Kinda like Davy Crockett! REMEMBER THE ALAMO! Well good luck. Hope it works out for you.:bandit:

No offense to my texan brothers.

pedrodepaco

hey vato thats messed up lol just kidding this probably wasnt even a cartel thing just good propoganda for the war on drugs. throw a tortilla wrapper on the ground now its a mexican cartel.:bandit:

Olifant

Rofl, those damned mexican indians and their destructive habit of eating warm meals. I always thought it odd the differences in the stereotypes of how people view american and mexican indians. Although still not given much more in the way of opportunity, the stereotype of the american indian is this contradictory image of a brave pacifist recycling all the parts of the buffalo eating horse riding headdress wearing etc, but the mexican indian is stereotyped in a nearly polar way although no less accurate.

lol, as rooted just eluded, it was started in the cooking area. The fact that they were there to grow cannabis,as well as the fact that they were mexican really has nothing to do with why this fire started. It couldve just as easily been some homeless railroad riding hobos, some camping yuppies or anyone who cooks a meal in the forest while camping.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Si'mon carnal! I don't believe shit those pigs say. It makes perfect sense to blame it on the cartels. How much funding would a couple college kids from UCSB fetch?

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I agree. IMO there's easier, faster, more profitable ways for them to make money than growing weed in Santa Barbara. I mean... come on..... Santa Barbara? what's next, Burbank? Why... when they could grow it on land that they control? Do they really have a problem crossing the border? They run the border! Its wide open! Unless you think a few miles of chain link is all it takes.