What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

True Blood.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

A new series on HBO depicting vampires living amongst us.

a very edgey story line that takes place in bayou country Louisiana. As usual great casting and directing, decent soundtrack and awesome FX. My fascination may well be that vampire flicks were in their heyday as I grew up in the 50s & 60s along with werewolves, mummys and zombies.

Anyway I'm surprised to not already see a thread started here as enough members @ ICMag do tune into HBO on a regular basis.......

Anybody else watching?

Part of the cast:

Anna Paquin
Stephen Moyer
Ryan Kwanten
Rutina Wesley
Jim Parrack
Carrie Preston
Michael Raymond-James
Sam Trammell

yep me and a couple of my friends do its a great show and if anyone hasnt seen it and u have access to hbo then go to there website and figure out when its on in your area theres a few pretty girls on there and i bet sum of the ladies would be all over the guys but its worth the hour a great watch

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im not a fan... yeah i should have overlooked the thread, but just wanted to let it be known that im not a fan...

californication is up my alley

U

UBER21

Me likes alot Stoned Teacher....always intrigued by stuff like that..

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Yeah, diggin that show immensely. My wife usually hates my choice of television which she has repeatedly stated is comprised of "demons, ghosts, robots, aliens, wizards and other assorted Sci-Fi gobbledy-gook". When I started watching "True Blood" she was absolutely certain it would be the "usual fare"....

Now SHE'S hooked on it!!!! LOL. It's like she's mainlining heroin....
She absolutely can't get enough of this show.

Seems like it's getting better with the introduction of shape shifters....

That character eludes to the telepath that there's alot of things she couldn't even "begin to imagine" out there.....including werewolves.

So it should open the storyline up quite alot.

All I can say is it's worth the watch, and I'm jonesin for the next episode!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like the fact that if & when they want to 'disappear'
any of the characters there'd be 'bout 20-30 creative
ways to get that done & it adds another twist to the
plot. Yup, can't wait to see the werewolf and vampire
territorial wars I think will be upcoming.......

Charg5152

I always get addicted to the HBO series where I end up watching an entire two seasons of the Wire in two days type of thing. True Blood is the first one that my wife has gotten way into too. I like it...its different and alot better than HBO's last John from Cincinatti show..."I'm watching you"..what a weird show. From what I hear, True Blood follows the novel that it is based off of pretty closely. The whole "Shape-shifter" idea is a little "out there" for me, but I still dig the show.

Reefdoggie

I'm hooked! I like that they have not gone overboard with special effects so that the actors and writing are more compelling. The overlapping storylines are cool, and they have the actors speak plain English (without "over the top" Cajun accents) meaning they cuss a lot, which seems perfectly natural.

Oh, and there's titties (perk)!

im really digging the show, but im pissed off at myself for watching it at the same time. I promised myself i wouldnt get hooked on another hbo series after they blew off deadwood the way that they did. As fas as the show goes, i have a few questions i though we could discuss. 1) The woman that Tara almost ran over in the latest episode, who is she? I thought that she might be the same one that "made" Bill. 2) Whats the deal with Sam? There was a scene where he was seen stuffing surgical gloves into his pocket. Then there was the scene where he let himself into the dead waitress' house and rolled around in her sheets. 3) Are the vampires going to take Jason down too when they come to get Amy? (poor Eddie) 3b) WTF is LaFayette gonna do when he finds out that Eddie is dead because of Jason's stupidity?

Discuss

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shyts gonna hit the fan for LaFayette for selling V, I've seen most of the episodes but imo Jason's an unknown entity, if anything I say he gets 'made' soon. That ghoul Tara almost ran over looked to me to be other than a vampire.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
what I meant was whether or not he'll be made or just taken/killed, he obviously has the fascination enough to go to fangtasia so his own temptations are great.

i have a feeling the vamps are gonna come down hard on that Amy chick....whether jason gets caught up in it all remains to be seen. Either way this weekend is good for TV, UFC on saturday and new True Blood on sunday

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

couldn't help thinking of the old days, the 50s & 60s and all the old
'20s/'30s B&W flicks (dbl features) they'd show at the cinema.

dracula.jpg

Luuuuuuooook into my eyes
Deeper..... Deeeeper.......

and there we'd be in the theater our very own eyes wide
open in fright. That night and many others Dracula and his
other ghoulish fiends would come visit us in our nightmares.......

Nosferatu.jpg

Nosferatu.......

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
I haven't given this show a trial run on my TV. The clips they showed in trailers made it seem cliched and tired, I imagine a lot like that new vampire film 'Twilight' coming out this November. Nothing about it whatsoever compells me to watch it.

However, I do like Dexter and Californication is hilarious. I used to watch Weeds, but as with all HBO or Showtime series, I miss episodes and then I never watch the rest of the season because of it.

I'm sure you guys have valid reasons for watching and enjoying it, but I think it's probably retarded.

Greatness is subjective however, opinions are opinions.

Latest posts

Latest posts