What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Part of Spain for Growing / La mejor parte de España para crecer

IrieHigh

Hi,
I want to know which is the best part of Spain for growing cannabis?
Especially in terms of laws and social acceptance!
From what I've heard the whole Catalunya Region is liberal to cannabis ? Is that still true ?
Bilboa?
Thanks very much

Hola, Quiero saber cuál es la mejor parte de España para cultivar cannabis? ¡Especialmente en términos de leyes y aceptación social! Por lo que he escuchado, toda la región de Cataluña es liberal con el cannabis. ¿Eso sigue siendo cierto? Bilboa? Muchas gracias

Sry for Google translate:biggrin:

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Catalunya is the most liberal, Basques too, but it is much harder place for guiris to locate and fit in.

On the Costas, from France to Portugal you have milder weather and lots of foreigners, so it is easy to be invisible. Lots of scumbags and robbers there too.

If you move inland, you need a cover, even if the locals dont speak to you, they will know all about you, thinking you can sneak around and do things under their radar is mad. If you are lucky, the first thing you will probably know is that your plants were stolen.

Knowledge and research is everything, do you want 2 plants on the balcony or 2 warehouses glowing.. it all depends..

IrieHigh

Thanks very much for the competent information !!
I know I can't go there buy an Finca, Setup 2 greenhouses and expect to get no problems��
I want to save my breeding projects, because in my country it is simply not possible to do breeding and a dream would be to be offering my genetics to the public.
I want to move anywhere were I can to this ! I think Spain would be the only option I Europe .
So I would be for sure more than 2 Plants.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Sounds like you want a villa or finca with fence and dogs, usually the expensive ones are best, smaller properties have close neighbours.

Yes, you can buy a finca, set up 2 greenhouses and expect no problems, if you have done your research, comply with local regulations (structure is bolted to concrete pads, so it can be removed, for example) ... But grow lots of other things, so people do not question the obscured part... etc.

IrieHigh

Hey that is pretty much what I wanted to do ! I already thought about a other crops I could grow.
Most Fincas have already something planted anyway.
It seems you know what you are talking about , do you think we can chat a bit in private ?

amanda88

pity.... I'm enjoying this thread?

the real question here:

..'is what can you grow in Spain to be an ideal cover crop',

a crop that return s a good profit yet allows you to continue with weed?

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Hey that is pretty much what I wanted to do ! I already thought about a other crops I could grow.
Most Fincas have already something planted anyway.
It seems you know what you are talking about , do you think we can chat a bit in private ?

Hi IrieHigh,

you cannot use the PM system till you have 50 posts, and IC dont like spammy turbo posting, so take your time to get there, most things can be answered in public.

Fincas are either farms for commercial production , or family campo houses with a few fields... most of these you can see people growing a bit of everything, to supply themselves and the extended family

So, you can grow accordingly.. Maize is great for screening. Chickens and Geese are good guards, as are Tomato frames, beans.. etc.. Look at what the locals are doing, make friends with the local co op

As I said, expensive and more remote properties have more privacy, but, unless you have lived a remote life, being 15km up a track is not always the romantic heaven you envisage.

IrieHigh

hi ChaosCatalunya
Yeah I did search for it quite a while before I got it , because it's not my first Acc I was sure there was an
option to send pm ^^

Thank you very much for your anwsers! I think I get it !
No I would have no problem at all with being of the track completely , as long as you can drive up there with an Jeep.
Is there any region's espiacially you can or cannot recommend in Catalunya ?

PS tommorow you have a new election there in Spain right ? If you don't mind when I ask your opinion about there whole conflict there ?
I mean for cannabis political whise , I think I would be good to have Independence but im not sure about all other things D but for real I don't have a idea iam not there ^^

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Olivera in Garraf is meant to be full of Police and they dont like growers messing around there.

But.. Local knowledge is everything. Look at the drive to Barcelona, where the Police do controls, what public transport is available? If you dont look dodgy, or smell, public transport is probably safer than a car.

All campo areas are pretty much equal, it gets hotter/colder further inland but cheaper, costa brava is more expensive, but has more masias, taragona cheaper, drier.

You need to know the gossip on the area, before you commit. One ICer moved to a seemingly innocent little village, didnt know that the next village is gypsy narco land, and the local city all go there to buy... the Police to do controls...

Another went to look at a property, as he was about to express interest, the owner started telling him about how the last renters got busted growing...

IrieHigh

So thank you ! I know exactly what you mean ! But are the police controls really that of a problem ? I mean I don't plan to walk around with big amounts.
My plan was also to go of course a few months with my camper on tour and look around. But youre right there are a few InsiderInfos you don't get so fast ,which are pretty important to know!

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Yes, Police Controls are THE problem.. They drive around a bit, but do not really pull people over like the US or UK, they mount roadblocks, at motorway entry, exits and at traffic bottlenecks, especially at 11pm to 6am where you get nightclubbers..

It all depends on how you look, Spanish police go very much on who you appear to be, I always wear nice shirts, not T shirt and tattoos, I dont look like a stoner, so have never been searched, despite being twice stopped in close proximity to clouds of smoke.

Orange Mate/Citrus Magic has saved my ass many times.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
OH, another tidbit, almost all Policia go to eat at 2 to 330, moving around at these times you will almost never see them.

Rain and cold also work well ;)

IrieHigh

Ok thanks again for the very good information! I really appreciate that!

But I don't get it, what can they make you for problems, let's say even you have 3 gr of weed on you for vaping.
As I said I don't plan to walk around with big amounts !
Will they search your home because of that or do you get ? Or do you mean problems because of driving under influence?
Thanks

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Public possession is the illegal part. Clubs work because they are private members clubs, so not open to the public, so legally, a private space

Caught in public, no, they do not search your home, here at least. One guy I know is on 2 separate charges for large grows, gets pulled with over 100g of hash, bailed again... no home search.

Driving under the influence is an issue, dont smoke in the car, dont travel at nightclub/festes times, dont look like a fucking drugged up hippie. Policia here really go on who they perceive you to be, so act nice and straight, not gangsta druggie and they salute you, not fuck you. Test costs money, they only do them if they are pretty sure they will get a ++. I got caught once, mate convinced the that I didnt smoke, so I didnt even get the test..

IrieHigh

Ok I mean that sounds pretty easy , especially when you compare it to my country!
And I should have no problems with my look and my attitude towards policia.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
pity.... I'm enjoying this thread?

the real question here:

..'is what can you grow in Spain to be an ideal cover crop',

a crop that return s a good profit yet allows you to continue with weed?

.. is an interesting question...

Basically, the locals "know everything, and nothing"

By which I mean, they know that "pomegranates don't work here because March is too wet" or "the soil is too acidic for Mandarins here, you have to run Oranges" ... But also, for all the invaluable knowledge they have, they are very set in their ways and blind to the changes of the world... New types of Veg, fish farming, planting trees for EU subsidies, growing old olives into Bonsai style garden ornaments, replanting with F1 hybrid Olives in commercially viable irrigated hedge style patterns. etc.. change come slow and that is where you can win. Especially if you have a magic subsidy..

If you did some trees/shrubs for the garden center market, or stone pines with truffle spores inoculated in the roots as one mate is doing.. .. there are plenty of "new" ideas... but usually you get on to the subject of water... you need lots, and cheap..

good thread guys im looking at fincas near to the river ebro myself i will come up with some questions myself when i find some time
good luck on your venture irie high

solcanario

Public possession is the illegal part. Clubs work because they are private members clubs, so not open to the public, so legally, a private space

Caught in public, no, they do not search your home, here at least. One guy I know is on 2 separate charges for large grows, gets pulled with over 100g of hash, bailed again... no home search.

Driving under the influence is an issue, dont smoke in the car, dont travel at nightclub/festes times, dont look like a fucking drugged up hippie. Policia here really go on who they perceive you to be, so act nice and straight, not gangsta druggie and they salute you, not fuck you. Test costs money, they only do them if they are pretty sure they will get a ++. I got caught once, mate convinced the that I didnt smoke, so I didnt even get the test..

I can confirm that....if you appear smart and clean person, they don't seem to be bothered too much by you.
Once I got caught with some weed just on my way out from a CSC and the cops told me to start growing my own weed and stop going to cannabis club!! unbelievable!!

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
I can confirm that....if you appear smart and clean person, they don't seem to be bothered too much by you.
Once I got caught with some weed just on my way out from a CSC and the cops told me to start growing my own weed and stop going to cannabis club!! unbelievable!!

Yes, friends were told not to walk home along campo roads at night, drive home .. "but we are drunk"... "no problem on these roads, please drive home, do not walk"

And more than ten people I know have separately been seriously told to kill and bury/chuck in river, sea any burglars you catch.

Spain is mad, fun and wild. Also can be dangerous