What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wickyd's Flowering Thread - WYD HazexG13

wickyd

Alright, I've posted random times on this grow for help with random issues. Now I'm bout to flower, and will keep all further postings in this thread.

First off, These plants have stuck with me through thick and thin. I killed all other plants due to stress, but these ladies, or at least I'm pretty sure they are, are kickin!

There have been mild nutrient problems, and little spots popped up on one of my plants.

Heres the pics for em!

First off, Plant #1 WYD , low stress training has produced a lot of budsites and worked out quite well. This plant is "thinner" and much easier to bend, its almost like a vine. Can you see female hairs on the second pic? There is slight yellowing on the edges of all the leaves, any well known cause for that?

Next up, Plant #2 WYD , again, low stress training, but this plant is much more sturdy. I cant really bend the bitch anymore. Both have a nice stench after I train them. This plant has some orange splotching on it, and I dont know what this is!

Last but not least, the young'n Haze x G13

Any opposition to me flipping into flowering in the next couple of days? Any suggestions before I do?

Thanks for Stopping by, and all the help!
wickyd

Rabbitt-420

How old is your haze x g-13 there ?
Im wondering because i just had 1 pop its head up for me and im trying to get a look at its future lol.

wickyd

haha, I just posted all that info in your thread!

anyhow, its been above ground for maybe a little over a week. Around a week though.

wickyd

Rabbitt-420

Yea i just saw that all lol.
Cant wait to see my little plant grow up and be huge.
Im not going to be flowering mine too soon cause im hoping to get my ballast so i can veg them under 1,000 watts of pure heaven (mh) lol.

wickyd

I flip it into 12/12 tonight. So just a few months left. Shortly after new years is harvest! I'm really excited now, and you guys will get much more interesting pics soon.

If heat is not an issue, how close can I have my 400wHPS to the plants? the plants are sitting at 70deg. with the HPS 6" away from them. Gotta love the winter!

Wickyd

G

Hi wickyd...looks like you've got things kickin' there! Very nice! One way to see how close you can get your lamp is to use your hand to test the temps at the tops of the plants. Adjust the lamp until you think its ok, put your hand palm side down almost touching the top growth and wait a couple of minutes. If you feel a warm sensation on the back of your hand but no burning, well that's what your plants are going to feel and its ok. If you feel a burning sensation on the back of your hand the light is too close. Get it as close as you can, but check and adjust the distance (if necessary)every day, especially first couple of weeks of flower as that's when they tend to stretch the most. ;) Happy growin'! :wave:

G

**These plants have stuck with me through thick and thin**

Aint that the truth.
Good to se you up and running man.
All the best,
Leeroy&Co

wickyd

hey guys, and gal! =)

Everything is going good, I transplanted the little hazexg13 last night into a larger pot for flowering, and I watered the plants with a decent/strong solution of half grow, half bloom ferts. And I switched from MH to HPS lighting!

Now one of the plants has bad leaf droop. Is this cause I'm watering too much in their larger containers? They dont seem to have any deficiencies, but all the leaves are really droopy. I know it depends on the actual plant's water uptake, but how much do you guys water in large pots?

The mix is straight ProMix, which is peat moss and perlite and they're in 3gallon pots I think, maybe more, but I think 3 is right. I watered this one yesterday, and 3 days before that.... I dont get it

thanks for visiting my thread!
wickyd

G

wickyd, your plant may be suffering for two reasons. One is the repotting, sometimes leaves droop for a couple of days after repotting. The second reason...overfert. Your plant being repotted goes into new soil. As the soil is fresh you shouldn't need to give her nutes at all for at least a couple of weeks. Big no no....never add nutes to the first watering of a newly repotted plant. May I suggest you grab that baby, flush her real good with pH corrected water, possibly room temperature (the idea is to try not to shock the plant anymore than she has been already). Lift your lamp higher for a couple of days until she gets back to normal, and just let her do her thing. Keep us posted ;).

Leeroy...wickyd is a fellow lady grower...and damn proud to be one ;), no mate, dude, or man for her either :)

wickyd

bluevelvet: I am male, but I missed the fact that you 2 are both ladies, and I apologize for any messups, but now that we have all that clear, it should be smooth sailing, and thank you for all of you wonderful help!

The plant thats drooping, isnt the the newly transplanted one. The drooper has been in large pots for about a week now. I'll take pics here soon, and get them up and step out the recent nute regime I had for the ladies.

The young one gets its own fertilizers, at a much weaker concentration.

Should the watering/fertilizing program be the same for promix as it is for soil? I thought promix didnt have any fertilizers in it at all, so the plants would need some weak ferts in the beginning, I was also under the impression that promix didnt retain as much water, and aired out more quickly.

Any cleared up info is appreciated
wickyd

Rellikbuzz

If it's not dry . . . DON'T APPLY!!!

If it's not dry . . . DON'T APPLY!!!

Hey Wickyd- I think you may have been right on with your first suspicion. It's very easy to overwater when small plants are in bigger containers. I have spent quite a bit of time lately talking with the tech support guy at Advanced Nutrients. He's a varitable encyclopedia of knowledge on MJ. By the way, Advanced Nutes is the only company that actually advertizes and develops all of their products specifically for cultivating cannabis. What he told me is something we should all commit to memory . . . "If it's dry . . . DON'T APPLY!!". Cannabis is a very drought tolerant plant and it helps the development of the root system if the roots have to stretch out in the bucket to search for moisture a bit. Also, if the soil is too wet, root rot can develop and kill your plant very quickly. It's best to err on the side of dry rather than wet.

So, how do you know if it's dry? Well, there are a couple of ways. First, try lifting the pot and feel it's weight. If it feels heavy, it's got plenty of water. If it's light, it probably needs water. Next time you transplant, feel the weight of the bucket BEFORE you water. Then, feel it again after you water. Eventually you will develop a feel for your plants with this method and instinctively know when your plants need water.

Secondly, you can stick a moisture meter in the soil at various depths and see what the meter says. Some don't like to do this as they are paranoid about breaking any of the root system. However, the rod on the meter is quite small in diameter and is not likely to hurt them. Many have good results doing this and moisture meters are under $10 at any garden store.

Lastly, you can just use your finger by pushing it down into the soil . . down to the second knuckle and feel for yourself. This process also helps break up the surface soil and aerate it, which needs to be done periodically so that the water is absorbed evenly by the soil and doesn't run through the bucket down the sides. If you do this, also poke your finger into the soil from the bottom, through the drain holes. That way you will get a feel for the wetness/dryness at both the top and the bottom.

If you want to be super sure about it . . . use all three methods!! Hope this helps to give you some ideas. Take care.

wickyd

thanks for the help brotha, I think thats what it is, and I gave them heavy ferts, so I'm gonna wait for a while before I water, and Im' gonna water again with plain water, fresh from snow.

thanks again bro

G

oh LOL wickyd...sorry, wonder what made me think you were female? If we really want to get down to the nitty gritty, Leeroy is also quite male ;) I on the other hand am decidedly NOT. Nowwwwwwwwww the smooth sailing can start ;)

wickyd

wow, lots of confusion! =)

wow, lots of confusion! =)

haha, well silly us, way too much pot I guess. haha, oh well I'm not offended, and I hope I didnt offend any of you, but on to different matters.... my plants are yellowing a bit, and only at the top. Heres the pics

Haze x G13

WYDs:

G

maybe needs some iron? Looks like an iron def to me, intervenal chlorosis and leaves that start slowly yellowing from the top down. I'm sorry wickyd, the only "soilless" substrate available over here is cocco, and any info I give you is based on my experience with soil. I find it strange that plants which regularly receive nutes would be exhibiting any kind of deficiency, unless you're not giving them enough. Probably be better to let someone who's familiar with soilless mixes help you out on this one.

G

Ive been called alot of things in my time but a lady is not one of them hahaha :p

**This plant has some orange splotching on it, and I dont know what this is!**

Have you spilled any watering on her while feeding acidentally?...sometimes water spots on leaves will burn and look like rust spots under lights after a while..

Whats yer ph btw?

wickyd

A few days under 12/12

A few days under 12/12

I trained the hell out of these plants after I snapped these photos.

After the soil dried out some, the plants are returning to their dark dark ways. Both are proudly showing female hairs, and I couldnt be happier.

The HazexG13 got burned a bit, when I accidently used the wyd ferts on it, so I get to flush it tomorrow and let it sit in some rain water for a bit. These big ass pots take forever to dry out, but they arent fully rooted yet either, so I gotta watch that.

Things learned this grow: Use Good soil, easy on the waterings, get a good daily schedule of events going for them.

Alright, picture time!

WYDs:

HazexG13

wickyd

I seem to have developed some kind of beautiful new growth on my plant, all over my plant. It looks delicious, I cant wait... Now I am really excited... Things will get interesting from here on out.

pics tomorrow night.

wickyd

Latest posts

Latest posts