What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Very quick, quick dry method

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
well i just tried it myself cause i bought a 10'ner of haze since i couldnt wait any longer for my crop , but then i thought about this method and how i always said i was gonna use it. well after teh whole microwaving process i felt the buds every time and after the third time i notcied the buds getting drier.

but after the 5th minute, it come out really nice and crispy, so maybe 1-2 twists of the grinder should do the trick, you know not too much , and not too lil'. so needless to say i am gonna come back with my own report and edit here.. . . .

. . . ok so i taxed a bowl in my bubbler and all is well with the world, since not only am i mentaly floatin, but i have acheived "white-ashe" !!!!! so i am really high right now!! whoo wheeee!!! life is good !!!

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
waydee said:
I quick dry in the oven, 75 degrees celcius for about 1hr-1hr 20mins is usually enough for small buds.
doesnt that sound like alotfor a couple buds? when i weighed what i dried afterworaedds i had 0.6g. now putting that in the microwave would be alot cheaper and quicker. now the microowave will never replace the oven, but in some things it has the oven beat! and then 5 one minute bursts compared to 1hr? pishtosh :joint:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
all i have to say is dont use this method to quick dry anything potent and then try to go for a walk. whoo weee! it seemed like i was never going to get where i was goin'!lmao

Toaster oven>microwave any day, but they'll both do the trick. Toaster seems to be harsher but slightly more potent. Toaster takes longer, but you gotta be pretty desperate for that to make a difference. I just like having the control with a toaster, microwave isn't as consistent.

After you zap it the trichs are quite obviously tinier.

Anybody know about the temperature in your average microwave? Just curious about vaporization.

Wouldn't all the buds on that pizza be vaporized at the temperature it would take to cook it? My suggestion would be to chop the buds up to a reasonable size and put them under the cheese (yeah i know it looked like a frozen pizza).

And of course, nobody would consider doing this to their entire crop. That's rediculous. hahaha

Yeah, same idea as sitting it on a lamp.

If i have half a day to wait instead of 10 minutes, i usually put a fair quantity in the coffee grinder, dice it fairly well (yes i know it can be a sticky mess and will splatter trichs all over your buster just keep it reasonable, my grinder probably has about as much residue as will stick to it anyways). Get everything in the lid of the grinder and sit it upside down on top of your ballast or suitable lamp. Make sure not to bust too much, or it wont dry as quickly, a couple joints worth max. Spread the wet clump around to maximize its exposure to the air. Maybe give it a stir halfway through the day.

This works even better still if you just spread your busted soaked herb on a sheet of paper, though you may have to reconsider the heat source (perhaps your modem, external hard drive, whathaveyou).

Normally if i happen to buy a shitty, moist bag i'll bust it a couple hours before i plan on smoking it.

The Vermonster

Thanks for posting this up man.....i tried it last night and it works to a T.......nothing like slow drying but defiantely a good way to sample and it got me ripped as well.............TYA

Binnacas

I've used this method for several times now and it works pretty well. Potency is good but the smell and taste just disappears completely. Good for quick smokes.

m@rg

go on .. pull my finger
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dam microwaves broke
pretty desperate, so ive just put oven to 150
10 mins later .....stoned again

Poker_Toker

Just had a sample bud, holy fuck man my vision is blurry. I was kinda wishing this never worked well so i dont smoke my crop before it matures lol

agent 420

simply clipping off any stem and cutting the bud into small pieces then placing it in a dark vented area with a fan blowing on the bud will dry them in about a day or two.
Never microwave your bud, or food for that matter.
Sure it'll dry it out enough for you to smoke just like it'll heat up food enough for us to eat, but think about what it does to the food or bud.
Don't believe me? google "microwave dangers"
It makes senese if you really think about it.

I did a one inch long and dime around sized piece of popcorn from the bottom of one of my plants at about 7:30 tonite and did the steam method. I must say that I've been just effing blitzed ever since I sparked the first bubbler hit. A most excellent method of quick-drying a taster piece.

I will definitely do it again, maybe tommorrow even! The taste was very bland, but definitely smoother than if I'd thrown it over a lamp for 2 hrs. I guess the steam either inactivates the chloryphil or leeches it out.

Either way, a very tastey buzz, if I may say so......

GudBud

Try the instructions on the first page of this thread... i just tried it and it worked a treat... took 4 x 1min intervals with microwave set to defrost mode..

:headbange and it rocks....

sneakinman13

Veteran
well under my circumstances i just tried this with some verry small popcorn buds off one of my masterkush plants..
and 2 bong rips later im chilllen....

wouldnt recomend for anything over a gram.. but it does work..

thanks