What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Looking for the pre-2006 version of Endless Sky

hamstring

Veteran
Looking for the pre-2006 version of Endless Sky. Before the fem seed craze. I had a pheno that was knock down potent.

I dont have any first hand info but its my understanding that Dr Greenthumb lost his original male . i keep hearing the fem version is not close to the same.

This was one of my all time favorite strains. It finished fast, tight buds, disease resistant and very little stretch. I grew this one for years until I moved and lost my mom plant.

One of my favorite stories with this strain was smoking it with my alderman. She was telling me how she was getting back into LSD after all theses years. Pot was more just for relaxing. We were both born in the 60's.

I lit up a fat J of Endles Sky and after a good toke session she looked at me and said," Wow this is real medicine " She was a very seasoned smoker.

After all theses years I now have a indoor garden and am building up my stable of strains. I would sure love to get a pre-2006 version of Endless Sky.

Anybody still growing this one?

hamstring

Veteran
Bump
I know this a not a very well known strain but I promise it was a good one. Any old guerrillas out there still growing a pheno of this one?

hamstring

Veteran
You know what I should have asked is where are all the brothers that used to hang out at UDG (Unleash da Green) forum.

These Canadian brothers know Endless Sky story way better than I do.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bump
I know this a not a very well known strain but I promise it was a good one. Any old guerrillas out there still growing a pheno of this one?

:tiphat:Hamstring I do remember endless sky....I appreciate your fondness for her .... I never had a chance to grow her but I’m sure she served you well ....good luck if you do find her it will be a miracle ...peace

hamstring

Veteran
star crash

Thanks brother I've seen you around and appreciate you stopping by.

You know how old becomes new again. I hope someone kept her alive because the right pheno was a real winner.

In many ways it checked all the boxes potent, short flowering time and good trich coverage. Never really caught on as a indoor plant. Too much competition I guess. I haven't found a equal to its potency and buzz quality. Like many others I kept looking for the wholly grail when i may have had it already.

Happy Times

In many ways it checked all the boxes potent, short flowering time and good trich coverage. Never really caught on as a indoor plant. Too much competition I guess. I haven't found a equal to its potency and buzz quality. Like many others I kept looking for the wholly grail when i may have had it already.

Plus when it’s gone, it makes you miss it even more and remember it more fondly!

A couple like that for me are ATF from Bros Grimm, Bubbleberry (Sagarmartha), Sensi NL5/Haze and Juicy Fruit

hamstring

Veteran
Happy Times
Yep, you said it and I do miss it.

Its funny you mention Sagarmartha . They had an early outdoor strain I think it was Early Riser or something like that. Good quality outdoor weed. I just went and looked at their selection and its all the newer stuff.

It was my first real harvest almost 25 years ago. Man how things have changed and not all of it is for the good.

Its nice that this site kind of took over when OG went down. Gives a brother in his mid 50's someone to reminisce with.

Thanks for dropping in.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know what you’re after ...an early finisher:) look into a strain called Friesland. ... They had it in stock recently at the “real seed company”...I’m trying it out myself it’s supposed to finish in September in northern latitudes...Looks like a fat Indica
picture.php
picture.php

hamstring

Veteran
Hey star crash

Thanks buddy I am acquainted with friesland . I grew AK99 X Friesland back in the UDG days. There was a breeder on there that had some good crosses.

UDG had some really good breeders. I think everyone knows breeder Brad. There was a brother named Rebsi who had one hella good Auto Affie.

Those Friesland crosses were some of the best though. Having tough time recalling the breeder.

I have all but hung up my guerrilla boots and have a med license now. This old man is growing some strains indoors.

The reason I was looking for Endless Sky was the potency. I know a lot of these new strains claim great potency but some, from seed anyways, just dont deliver. Many guys out there throwing out their cookies and GG4 knockoffs .

Its hard to know whats real anymore and I guess that sends an old guerrilla like me back to my roots as far as strain selection goes.

I keep looking and trying. I have a Ice Cream Cake cut in flower and a OKGB cut too. I will just have to wait another month to see if they are the real deal.

I appreciate the conversation though. I havent been this active on IC mag since my guerrilla days. Nice to talk to some like minded brothers.

Happy Times

Hey star crash

The reason I was looking for Endless Sky was the potency. I know a lot of these new strains claim great potency but some, from seed anyways, just dont deliver. Many guys out there throwing out their cookies and GG4 knockoffs .

Its hard to know whats real anymore and I guess that sends an old guerrilla like me back to my roots as far as strain selection goes.

Great potency huh? Hadn’t heard of Endless Sky before, any idea on lineage?

sshz

The original version is long gone. Don't bother with the feminized version. I grew it some years ago, it wasn't very good. Dr. GreenThumb has had some personal issues the last few years, he tried to sell the business 2 years ago and couldn't find anyone who would pay his price. I've heard decent reports on the current non-feminized version, but it's definitely not as good as the early 2000 version. Dr. Gruber, who tests for Dr. GreenThumb has a grow of it over on RIU but since he gets his seeds free, he tends to offer reviews in a more positive light. If you are going to grow anything from Dr. GreenThumb, his best strain is his ECSD.

TimeKeeper

I grew out Sky Lotus (Endless Sky x Snow Lotus) from Bodhi. Solid plants with good yield and decent potency but most were lacking in the terpene department. Didn't find any keepers but I made some F2s that I might have to revisit. The original Endless Sky was Dr. Greenthumb's Iranian x Grenadine. Was said to be very potent with big yield.

sshz

But Endless Sky is well known to be a difficult grow as it's very picky and demands certain levels of particular nutes early on.....I just don't remember which ones anymore.

hamstring

Veteran
Great potency huh? Hadn’t heard of Endless Sky before, any idea on lineage?

Happy Times

Dr Green Thumb has it listed as Iranian Indica x Grenadine. I apologize but I dont remember if this same as when I had it back in 2005.
Rumor has it that Dr Green Thumb lost the original male. I have spoken to him a couple if times over the phone but never broached the subject.

The main complaint is that his seed prices are high and he is a grumpy old man. I never had any problems with him probably because I'm grumpy old man too.

All I know is I had a really good mom and it was very potent. Everybody calls this type of high couch lock. My buddy use to say it just kept you staring forward like you were in a different dimension.

They only way I can get that high now is with tincture. May be just some fond memories but I wish I still had her.

sshz

It was reported he did lose the parents at one point......one thing that stood out to me recently is he charges the same or more for the regular E.S. than the feminized beans. I think I remember that being the case last time I looked.

Check out Dr, Gruber over at RIU..........he's a solid grower and has detailed reports on many of Dr. Greenthumbs strains. But I agree, he's too pricey.

hamstring

Veteran
The original version is long gone. Don't bother with the feminized version. I grew it some years ago, it wasn't very good. Dr. GreenThumb has had some personal issues the last few years, he tried to sell the business 2 years ago and couldn't find anyone who would pay his price. I've heard decent reports on the current non-feminized version, but it's definitely not as good as the early 2000 version. Dr. Gruber, who tests for Dr. GreenThumb has a grow of it over on RIU but since he gets his seeds free, he tends to offer reviews in a more positive light. If you are going to grow anything from Dr. GreenThumb, his best strain is his ECSD.

Dr Gruber is a wealth of knowledge on Dr Green Thumbs strains but I agree he tends to swing towards the positive side on all his test grows.

hamstring

Veteran
It was reported he did lose the parents at one point......one thing that stood out to me recently is he charges the same or more for the regular E.S. than the feminized beans. I think I remember that being the case last time I looked.

Check out Dr, Gruber over at RIU..........he's a solid grower and has detailed reports on many of Dr. Greenthumbs strains. But I agree, he's too pricey.

sshz
Thanks for jumping in with some knowledge. You know at one time I tried to sign on at RIU but something went wrong. I sent the site a bunch of messages but no reply so I gave up.

hamstring

Veteran
I grew out Sky Lotus (Endless Sky x Snow Lotus) from Bodhi. Solid plants with good yield and decent potency but most were lacking in the terpene department. Didn't find any keepers but I made some F2s that I might have to revisit. The original Endless Sky was Dr. Greenthumb's Iranian x Grenadine. Was said to be very potent with big yield.

you know I'm going to ad stable too.

We were trying to sell our house around 2007 and I had that mom in a 8x3x3 plywood box with a HID hanging over it in the garage for 3 or 4 months in the late summer early fall. I bet it got over 110 degress in that box. Not once did she hermi or stress out.

One time we went on vacation and back in those days loose lip sank ships. I was the only one who knew I grew.

I put her out along some farmers fence row for two weeks. No care what so ever. Came back she was starting to flower put her back in her little dungeon and she bounced right back.

Geeze it took me a long time to be a decent grower.:laughing:

XLNordic

Have anyone tried this verdion of ES?
They clame their version has better yeild and potency over the DR Greenthumb ES ?
Screenshot_2023-04-17-17-00-09.png