Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Greenhouses > LED Wattage Required to Keep Outdoor Plant in Veg in Winter

Thread Title Search
LED Wattage Required to Keep Outdoor Plant in Veg in Winter Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-31-2019, 10:09 PM #1
thedudefresco

thedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to allthedudefresco is a name known to all
LED Wattage Required to Keep Outdoor Plant in Veg in Winter

I have 1-3 cuttings I will be taking from some outdoor plants which will soon begin flower.

I am still debating whether or not I will veg these cuttings indoors until next season and then plant outside.... (I have never grown indoors)

OR try to keep the plant vegging OUTDOORS thru spring (or whenever I choose to flower)

As far as option two....

I live in an area that does NOT experience much of a winter.

As far as I understand...

...if I root these cuttings and then plant them outside, I can theoretically keep them in Veg through autumn/winter months so long as I use lights at night to reduce the amount of darkness to around 6 or so hrs.

I figured as Greenhouse guys, this sub has the best people to consult.

Based on searching etc, the only question I still need to be answered is a recommended wattage of light to shine above or alongside the plant outside for a few hrs each night that will be sufficient to keep the plant from flowering.

Based on my limited research into these types of bulbs, I see there are many LED bulbs. For various reasons, I think LED would be best for what I need...it would also ideally be waterproof.

What about something like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D3LW3MH..._VrFqDbM9K9A2Q ?

And if not, what would you guys recommend?
thedudefresco is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-02-2019, 08:51 AM #2
vacuumlungs

vacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the rough
I’m also curious about this.
vacuumlungs is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2019, 01:49 PM #3
GOT_BUD?
Weed is a gateway to gardening

GOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivorGOT_BUD? is a survivor
No reason why a couple screw ins wouldn't work inside a waterproof enclosure.

It doesn't take much to keep the plants from falling asleep.
GOT_BUD? is offline Quote

Old 10-02-2019, 04:56 PM #4
Frosty Nuggets

Frosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant futureFrosty Nuggets has a brilliant future
If you can read by it then it is enough, you only need them on 14 hours per day to keep them in growth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOneYMiKe View Post
But my freedom doesn’t end where your fears begin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
- Can't we all just get a bong?
Frosty Nuggets is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-14-2020, 11:03 AM #5
vacuumlungs

vacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the roughvacuumlungs is a jewel in the rough
I used a couple of 14 watt cfl bulbs two hours every night from 2-4am and it worked like a charm.
vacuumlungs is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.