What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need suggestions on what to cross my 4SD with?

Makaveli76

I just got my 4SD (Rez Seeds) and was wondering which strain I should cross it with:thinking:

Im thinking of crossing it with one of theses strains below:

White Russians (serious seeds)
White widow (De Sjamaan)
Sensi Star (Paradise Seeds) feminized
Querkle (Subcool).

Or should i just pick the best male and female out of my pack of 4SD then breed those?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
id do the sjamaans ww x 4sd, but the others should go nicely with it as well.......if you want a bumper yielding chem then do the russian..

T

THC_Decapitator

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

T

THC_Decapitator

how about growing them out first do a grow report post pics , then consider crossing it or "breeding them .
your a big dreamer but don't jump the gun
"your" 4sd isn't even germinated yet ....

Makaveli76

how about growing them out first do a grow report post pics , then consider crossing it or "breeding them .
your a big dreamer but don't jump the gun
"your" 4sd isn't even germinated yet ....
Thats why I'm asking! lol I wanted to get an idea of which one I should germinate and grow along side with the 4SD. Unfortunetly i can't germinate all the strains at once! just looking for a potential good cross with it.

T

THC_Decapitator

lol . well then i would say sensi star or querkle
there is a white diesel already out ....

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i would say find a momma of the most potent, imo the 4sd probably....and use the dad to bring in some other taste....

i select dads with quite fleshy stems, the kind that is sometimes hollow, or not woody anyway, i found these dads to throw more potent higher resin progeny..

not everyone has the time or space to "breed", but imo everyone should dive in and make their own seeds, the results are surprising, and you get a lifetime supply of beans...

Cool Moe

Veteran
Makaveli, my suggestion would be to let Rez create the strains. Your focus should be on preserving the strain in your collection by making f2s. This can be done through open pollination or if you can isolate the males, collect pollen, and selectively pollinate various female branches with various males. Pick the best looking males and females based on growth patterns and phenotype expressions, make a couple hundred beans, then go from there to your search for favored phenotypes based on your personal preferences.

Makaveli76

i would say find a momma of the most potent, imo the 4sd probably....and use the dad to bring in some other taste....

i select dads with quite fleshy stems, the kind that is sometimes hollow, or not woody anyway, i found these dads to throw more potent higher resin progeny..

not everyone has the time or space to "breed", but imo everyone should dive in and make their own seeds, the results are surprising, and you get a lifetime supply of beans...

thanks for the info! Very useful! My goal here is to just get a good supply of quality seeds in storage and maybe coming up with a potent strain

Makaveli76

Sensi Star

Deep Chunk

Blueberry

Hindu Kush
all good suggestions! thanks keep it coming! I really got the Sensi Star cross in mind at the moment. Maybe cause i read about the "Death Star" strain made with a cross of Sour Diesel and Sensi Star.

KingV

Yes, do F2 generation on the first run, clone and save your best mamas, then grow again. Maybe along with F2 and do backcross to your best mama.

I've done some F2 from seeds i've bought. Growing them is really worth it. There's so much more to see in the strain than F1 cross or 10 seeds pack even with IBL. It gives you a good idea what the strain is but grow 30 plants more and you start to see things you didn't expect, in good and bad ways.

I can't wait to sow these chili pepper seeds i collected from a rare south american baccatum... Small yield but best taste and warmest burn i've encountered yet.

I also found some very interesting phenos in DNA's Afghan. Lots of purple plants, some very wild ones... Not the best stuff smokewise though.

Makaveli76

Yes, do F2 generation on the first run, clone and save your best mamas, then grow again. Maybe along with F2 and do backcross to your best mama.

I've done some F2 from seeds i've bought. Growing them is really worth it. There's so much more to see in the strain than F1 cross or 10 seeds pack even with IBL. It gives you a good idea what the strain is but grow 30 plants more and you start to see things you didn't expect, in good and bad ways.

I can't wait to sow these chili pepper seeds i collected from a rare south american baccatum... Small yield but best taste and warmest burn i've encountered yet.

I also found some very interesting phenos in DNA's Afghan. Lots of purple plants, some very wild ones... Not the best stuff smokewise though.
see this is the kind of info I'm lookin for here! thank you KingV. I'll most likely pick out my best male and female on the 4SD then make F2's but at the same time grow a few Sensi Star females and pollenate it with my 4SD male also. Goodluck on those chilli pepppers!

Thats why I'm asking! lol I wanted to get an idea of which one I should germinate and grow along side with the 4SD. Unfortunetly i can't germinate all the strains at once! just looking for a potential good cross with it.
Mind if I ask what are you trying to achieve with the breeding?
Bag Appeal
Yeild
Potency
Strain Toughness(easy to grow)
If you just want to chuck some pollen which Im not against I would say the Star.

Makaveli76

Mind if I ask what are you trying to achieve with the breeding?
Bag Appeal
Yeild
Potency
Strain Toughness(easy to grow)
If you just want to chuck some pollen which Im not against I would say the Star.

I'm trying to get a potent strain but more of the 4SD traits tho. I already got 4 4SD sprouts going now. I'm gonna make f2's of the 4SD and save the pollen from the males. Then grow out some sensi star females and pollenate them.