What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your never fail sleep strain????

_Haste_

I think the title pretty much speaks for itself..

A little more detail on my situation:
I personally have a great deal of trouble falling asleep every night and am looking for a strain that is EXTREMELY effective for sleep..
please give only ONE strain.. THE shit that gets the job done

.. and don't be afraid to throw in a picture.

_Haste_

The Garlic Bud.

I've never even heard of it before.. not even once.. what the hell is garlic bud? sounds awesome how would you describe the high

Late flowered Black Domina from Sensi seeds. Just thinking about smoking it makes me yawn.

Black Domina has been on my radar lately.. what do think about it?

...something with the strongest body high imaginable always does the trick for me... but some weed is just gentle and relaxing and then all of a sudden i'm out.. specifically this kush that comes into town every once in a while.. is it actually kush?.. who the fuck knows? ..but its great bud and helps me sleep.. if only i knew where to get it all the time.. i'm 99% sure its commercially grown bud from Canada.. anyone have any clues to what it might be? its definitely the more expensive commercially grown weed.. kinda smells like vanilla.. kush smell not so strong but definitely there.. idk how much of its original smell is still intact.. bud that crosses borders for the most part has always had its smell tampered with.. definitely has the kush in the taste, and you can feel it in your nose on the exhale.. love this stuff.

ibjamming

Veteran
Let ANYTHING go for an extra month or two...until EVERYTHING turns dark and amber...it will put you to sleep... But specifically, any indica will do if left an extra month or so. I use White Rhino at the moment for sleep.

I

indicalover

Licorice orange crush X Hash Plant X G13. Gypsy sells them. Very heavy indica, cheaper than black domina.

I'd have to say blue hash & lemon skunk, I mixed those 2 yesterday and almost immediately fell asleep. At 1 in the afternoon!

Flying Goat

Another vote for Black Domina...

I've had insomnia over 20 years & she's the best I've ever used! So much so, I'm gonna try & cross her with an AF.

Purple kush does it for me, day/night it don't matter. I often find myself taking naps at 3 o'clock in the afternoon if kush'd out too much.

I've never even heard of it before.. not even once.. what the hell is garlic bud? sounds awesome how would you describe the high

Black Domina has been on my radar lately.. what do think about it?

...something with the strongest body high imaginable always does the trick for me... but some weed is just gentle and relaxing and then all of a sudden i'm out.. specifically this kush that comes into town every once in a while.. is it actually kush?.. who the fuck knows? ..but its great bud and helps me sleep.. if only i knew where to get it all the time.. i'm 99% sure its commercially grown bud from Canada.. anyone have any clues to what it might be? its definitely the more expensive commercially grown weed.. kinda smells like vanilla.. kush smell not so strong but definitely there.. idk how much of its original smell is still intact.. bud that crosses borders for the most part has always had its smell tampered with.. definitely has the kush in the taste, and you can feel it in your nose on the exhale.. love this stuff.

I personally found the Black Domina I grew to be very Narcotic like at the best of times, even when harvested with normally ( i/e mostly cloudy) mature Trichomes. When harvested later, I found it to be a complete day ender for me. That is to say I couldn't stay awake for more than about hour at most after smoking it, ever.

Garlic Bud was/is also available from Sensi Seeds. It was renamed Shiva Skunk.

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
I grew a clone of black domina, my problem with it was a real quick tolerance build up, if you smoke it for two days straight ( i smoke around 2/3g a day ) it did not get you high anymore.

when i have a high tolerance, i found very rarely buds that will put me to sleep, even fully mature pure indicas.

i agree on the white rhino with cork, this is the most stoney herb i ve grown, the heavy indica pheno from Nirvana, cut at 70% amber, can t be handle by most people, it is a very strong body stone which def can put you to sleep.
I used to call her couch herb, whenever you smoke it you would doing anything^^and i couldn t smoke that all day long, which is rare for me.

also i found heavy thc content seems to help, the sour diesel can also really put you to sleep, but you need to wait around an hour after the joint, and they need to be cut well mature.

hope it helps.

++

Gazoo31

also i found heavy thc content seems to help, the sour diesel can also really put you to sleep, but you need to wait around an hour after the joint, and they need to be cut well mature.

hope it helps.

++

I think this part is important. Unless I have a really good sativa or something, I can fall asleep on just about any weed... but I have to wait to kinda go out on the burnout lol...

Synthettek

Black Domina is what you are looking for.
I've kept this cut for 4+ Years as my nighttime smoke.
This is all you'll ever need for a sleepy strain, period.

I grew a clone of black domina, my problem with it was a real quick tolerance build up, if you smoke it for two days straight ( i smoke around 2/3g a day ) it did not get you high anymore.

when i have a high tolerance, i found very rarely buds that will put me to sleep, even fully mature pure indicas.

i agree on the white rhino with cork, this is the most stoney herb i ve grown, the heavy indica pheno from Nirvana, cut at 70% amber, can t be handle by most people, it is a very strong body stone which def can put you to sleep.
I used to call her couch herb, whenever you smoke it you would doing anything^^and i couldn t smoke that all day long, which is rare for me.

hope it helps.

++

I hear what you're saying Titoon, but I never managed to build up a tolerance to Black Domina because I could never seem to smoke enough of it to do so. Back when I was still growing it, I would smoke other varieties throughout the day. Once I started in on the Black Domina though, I never got through more than a joints worth at any one time because I would always just end up falling asleep!

I definitely agree with you about White Rhino being some very stoney, potent pot, though I cant say it puts me to sleep quite like the Domina did. Just my own personal experience however.

luciano28

Authentic Afghan Hashish is the only thing I have smoked that did this for me, almost all weed will keep me awake for a little longer if I smoke before bed(mind races). Im thinking about growing afghani #1 and making bubble. Maybe I should try that Black Domina, ive also heard that KO Kush that s4nn1e makes is a good one. Ive had problems sleeping for 20 years and I think Im addicted to Tylenol PM, Im destroying my liver. I always pay attention when people make threads like this because I need to quit taking them things.

Too bad the US isnt flooded with afghan hash, seriously a couple bottletokes of that shit and Id be out for the count. All body high and if I made it until the comedown, then there is no other option than sleeping, wish I still had access to it. It was incredibly harsh though, but that was probably the method I smoked it, bottletokes(smoke gets stale).