What's new

Best Purple Strain?

Tex233

Hey every one! My Dad wants me to get him some type of purple strain for him to grow. What do you guys think is the best purple strain?

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
Hmm . . . I have an opinion :)

You growing in soil? What conditions? What kinda lighting?

How experienced is he/you? You grow from clone or seed?

Tex233

Hes using soil

Indoors but he wants to move some of them outdoors once the conditions are right.

Hes currently using florescent but I'll get him to get a hps once he wants to bloom.

I guess I'd consider my self to have minimal experience growing since I've never been in the right situation to grow, I have had one grow which tuned out great and i probably have over 1000 hours of educating my self about growing. So i know my stuff, i think i might be close to having my doctorate in marijuana :p. My Dad is new to growing, but i gave him 3 of my growing books so if he runs into a problem he should be able to take care of it. he also works out of town so he'd only get to take care of the plants on the weekends.

He'd be growing from seed

B

baccas125

PNW Purple indica look for a new release from Mosca Negra based on it.

In my opinion grape krush is a great strain to grow . It is somewhat an easy srtain to grow, making it perfect for begginers! Also check out bluemoonshine deffinatly a top notch smoke, although kinda hard to locate. Last but not least mental floss, I haven't grown her yet, but have heard nothing but great stuff about the yeild, taste, & potency! I'm growing purpledesiel right now so check my thread,& I'll let u know how they do . Hope this post was helpfull peace green rasta

Tex233

Thanks for the awesome advise on the strains!

Thanks Starwatcher, what's the pheno that you have and who is the breeder for Purple Kush , and who is the breeder for Purple Urkle FoCo?

BudBo

I'm not sure if theres any purple kush seeds or Erkle seeds released

Erkle is clone only n purple kush is one of those mythical purps alot of dif versions i believe

If your growing from seed try Pakistani Purple Chitral from ACE seeds i've only seen pics but its beautiful n i've herd great things bout it

i'd say your best bet with purps though is gettin a purp clone from a reliable source

Seeing that your name is Tex though i'm gessin u ain't in cali n thats that best way to get Purps because ther clubs are full of dif types

What i would do is go more towards potency and see if that strain has tendencies to purp often....then choose clones and keep ur favorite purp girls

Jus my 2cents

Good luck on what ever you find

Budbo

Tex233

Thanks Budbo, yea i think my dad is going to have to use seed since i don't know any body close to him with clones. Thanks for letting me know about that strain form ACE.

T

theJointedOne

purple is in a lot of stuff. Try dj shorts grape krush

or bogs blue moon rocks

Patient 957

Purples are great...

Purples are great...

Hey every one! My Dad wants me to get him some type of purple strain for him to grow. What do you guys think is the best purple strain?

Hey Tex,

I personally use indicas for my medicinal needs and 8 times out of 10 I end up liking purples for all 3 of my conditions.

Here are what I would suggest:

Purple Kush - this is probably one of my favorite strains for medicinal use (both smoked and cooked/eaten). Your Dad will be able to dose it all day long and not get a "hangover" the following day upon waking.

Grand Daddy Purple - another fantastic strain that is very dark purple. I've only had the chance to dose it once so far, but I think it's actually better than PK (above) for insomnia and pain management...but it's a bit more energetic. Great flavor and aroma too.

And finally, you cannot go wrong with several of Soma's varieties. Lavender and Citralah are EXCELLENT indicas, and his New York City Diesel is one of the only S/I's that are mostly sativa that works well for my needs.

Best of luck to your Pops!

Peace,

P.957

Last edited by a moderator:

Tex233

Great post Patient! One things that i love about icmag is i can always learn something new everyday from great people like you!

Thanks for the awesome advise on the strains!

Thanks Starwatcher, what's the pheno that you have and who is the breeder for Purple Kush , and who is the breeder for Purple Urkle FoCo?

I got lucky bought an once of purple kush off a friend from cali 4-5 years ago. Dunno the breeder but low and behold there was 2 seeds in it. I started both, 1 I accidently killed trying to help it out of its shell and the other is the love of my life.

Its a excellent pheno, the smell is dangerous though, without a carbon filter you can smell it blocks away. Kinda like fruity pebbles hit by a skunk. Its done in 49-55 days, nice small very tight purple buds with bright orange hairs, colas are not too big but the density of the buds makes up for it. The resin needs to be seen to be believed. Perfect for bubble hash and kief. Stays short, clones easy,tastes great (refreshing almost) and the high... Its the best, hits you in the top of the head, lasts for hours, couchlock put you to sleep stuff if you have a low tolerance. Been vaping it since I got it and have yet to build a tolerance to it.

Sorry for wall of text and good luck in your search :)
peace

Tex233

Aww how cute, that's the way i want to meet the woman of my dreams. except instead of Cali I'll be fly fishing in the amazon and I'll lay eyes on her from her sweet smell in the air from my boat.

lol peace

TBL420uk

Purple Wreck is a top purple strain, it ticks all the boxes, it has the look, the taste, the smell & the high. A top strain, check out my pics in my sig.