What's new

Looking for a strain.. with serious coffee taste/smell

Masterlow

Hey guys,
Has anyone ever had experience with a strain that had blatantly obvious coffee smell or taste. I love that bitter, earthy taste, and have been searching for it in a canabis strain. The closest i've come is some of my swazi's i've grown (quite a few), but it's more of a 'true taste of the bush' than anything to do with coffee.

I'm guessing it would be found in an african or a south american sativa, which is a-ok by me, as i love flying high and trying to find the ceiling (especially when there isn't one). I use coffee tabaco as a mix with my swazi, and it makes me want to find a plant that will give me that taste straight, without the need for a mix.

So, has anyone ever found a 'coffee' strain?

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
The only thing close I have expierenced is hybrids with Viet Black in them. Willie Nelson had a major coffee earthy odor, Orient Express from Ace and some Kali Mist(not sure what is in it) I am smoking now.

D

danny karey

I think bubba kush taste's/smells a bit like coffee....Well...Really skunky coffee. Maybe try BubbaChunk from Cannacopia seeds. I think they sell for 35$ a pack. Bubba chunk X deep chunk.........I dunno if that sounds like your bag or not, just my .02.

Goodluck wih your search man!

Danny

berlinweed

The closest i've come is some of my swazi's i've grown (quite a few), but it's more of a 'true taste of the bush' than anything to do with coffee.

I'm guessing it would be found in an african or a south american sativa, which is a-ok by me, as i love flying high and trying to find the ceiling (especially when there isn't one). I use coffee tabaco as a mix with my swazi, and it makes me want to find a plant that will give me that taste straight, without the need for a mix.

So, has anyone ever found a 'coffee' strain?

Can only agree with the swazi.... had a swazi skunk from seedsman that tasted like coffee.

Happy searching!

BW

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Herijuana has an earthy coffee aroma when you crack a jar and on exhale. Some phenos are similar but with a sweeter(very slightly sweet...not skunk sweet) java aroma.
Hits smoother than you would expect, and fucks you up more than you would expect.

opt1c

Veteran
pre98 bubba kush or norcal kush or just bubba kush... it goes by a lot of names but is best knowns as the indica kush phenotype as opposed to the more sativa leaning og kush pheno... i used to call it coffee can weed because when i first got a sack i swore the guy stored it in a coffee can buried in beans to get it to smell so intense... the bubba kush is what you seek

I

icon

tom hills deep chunk or just about anything crossed with it also check out cannacopia seeds.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
bubba kush. Grew out some BK Bx1s a year or so ago and the buds smelled earthy-coffee.......more coffee than anything though.

Seems like you're looking for a sativa though...

_Haste_

Deep Chunk! ..get your pheno search on. personally i would go for a chocolate pheno though.

i've also smoked some sort of sativa that had a coffee smell.. i'm not sure what it was and to this day can't figure out what this mystery weed was.. it had an energetic, positive, clear high.. i LOVED it!

F

fadetoclear

i had a dpdxmental from outlaw that smelled like the coffee aisle at the grocery store but the taste didn't really transfer so much.

Masterlow

wow.. thanks everyone for the response and the suggestions.

The name is X-Kush-2, by Breeder's Choice, a Massar line crossed with Chitrali that tastes like Ethiopian coffee.

That sounds exactly what i'm looking for!! i will def check that out.
and sounds like i sound get my hands on deep chunk asap...
I'm on cannacopia/seedbay now.

Thanks so much all

Masterlow

No cannacopia auctions on the bay..
Found Bubbas Kush x Deep Chunk from cannacopia on hemp depot for 35$
but they only take cash or money orders.... that blows, mailing cash from my country takes WAY too long.
I'll have to wait till they got some up on seedbay again. :cry:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Abusive OG Kush smells like coffee to me when it's flowering - well, it's one of the aromas anyway! Sadly it fades a lot on drying though...

Masterlow

tokinafaty420, thank you from saving me from my complete lack of brain power this morning.. much appreciated..
Got some bubbas kush off there, and grabbing some DC off the bay as i type.. and dam... i hope that coffee pheno is in the first pack i buy ( i know.. not likely) cause at 90$ a pop, i'll be shit broke in no time

I

icon

masterlow i think your chances at getting the coffee pheno in a pack of deep chunk is high

Latest posts

Latest posts