What's new

Chocolate Thai?

So i have been talking to my boss about different strains. and he asked me if i know anybody growing out Chocolate Thai? i replyed no i know somebody growing choco chunk. but not anybody growing choco thai. he told me he tried it down in LA years back. and wished he could get a cut/seeds. i told him id ask around to see if it was still around.

i am just wondering if there is a certain cut that floats through cali, is it dead? or is there anyplace with seeds?

any info would be appericated.

thanks.
faded.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i was drooling over GET MO's pics of a Chocolate Thai cross that she apparently got in cali...look in the flower pix forum for it.

ArcticBlast

A

arrg

I remember getting some crap that looked like dirtweed totally brown and seedy that got you well baked with a nice uppy buzz with a chocolate taste on the way out. Chocolate thia from years ago. I wish I saved some seeds.

bericus

I'm like your boss

I'm like your boss

I would like 2 know 2 & I would like 2 know if some1 have some Monkey Paw, Columbian Red where the Bud was all red no green at all & some Columbian Gold where the Bud is all gold no green & that sticky Chocolate Thai that was dark chocolate no green just gooey chocolate resin that's the shit I'm referring 2 that 80's bud

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
I've got a pheno of what I call Sour Thai (Swan Song's Cocoa Thai cut [Arcadia Trainwreck x Super Thai] x Reservoir Double Sour Diesel v2 studs) that tastes like unsweetened dark chocolate. I'm in the process of backcrossing it now. I expect to have an IBL by June if all goes well. Sour Thai ICStrainguide

J

JeffSpicoli

of friend of a friend of mine grows chocolate thai. I got to smoke it one time when i was chillin at his pad. It seemed like what you would expect for a long flowering sativa. I was less than impressed.... But we were also smokin a laundry list of other strains at the time. So a pure sativa is gonna be hard to notice amongst a bunch of heavy hitters

C

Cinderella99

There is a questionable amount of Choc Thai in the Chocolope, but for some reason, enough folks agree that it does a fair representaion of the Choc Thai.

Well here's some good info:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=86412

And Cannacopia has a Choc Trip hybrid (xDC, DC dominant) at the Boo

O

ocean99

I was under the impression dj shorts cocoa kush was so
called because of the heavy chocolate Thai influence with a kush structure.

bigherb- dline/chocolope huh? ill keep my eyes out, i have tried a few different chocolopes but none were to impressive.

zepplindood-right on man holla if you need some testers...;)

spicoli- right on good to know its alive and well. if you get a second chance to sample it, with out the heavy hitters, or before. let me know your thoughts will ya?

C99- thanks, well see what we can find. even just to know that somebody might still hold a cut is good to know. ocean99s probably right im sure DJS has a cut of it...

Ocean- thanks im gonna look in to that.

J

JeffSpicoli

kingralph... Funny you mention drawoh.. He is the one the Chocolate Thai my 'buddy' grew came from.

And ya i agree it depends on what sativa your smoking to feel it, if your smoking amongst a ton of heavy hitter indicas... I feel like a more hybrid sativa would be easier to feel the effects... Sometimes the pure landrace sativas, are such a mild head buzz for me.. Theres no way i notice a difference in high if im smokin other buds with them

smoke1sun

What Goes Around Comes Around. But Am I Comming Or
Veteran
Good luck on the search my friend.
I was told that drawoh still sold f2's every once in awhile on another site. i go and quite a bit, but have never seen them. I PM'd once to ask if he ever plans on releasing more f2's but not reply. But ill keep trying.

My chance to grow Choc Thia will come one day. I HOPE lol

bigbrokush

I have some Chocolate Thai that I had from 1992 bag seed, and I used it to make a few crosses. I only got males from it. But I also got a pack from drawoh also. I've not popped em so I can't speak on just how good or bad it is

i know a team of breeders who just planted 10 old beans off chocolate thai from way back when, my guy told me only one survived but he can get more, and he said if he cant and the one survivors a fem he will make s1's if its a male he was planning on crossing it too old skool thai haze x skunk#1

peace

Sky high

thai is one of my outdoor favourites cause it's potent and grows fast. nice structure too, super productive when it has the space to grow.

peace, sky

I was under the impression dj shorts cocoa kush was so
called because of the heavy chocolate Thai influence with a kush structure.

This was the impression I had as well. It's going to be hard for your boss to get these old school Thai's in their pure form, so he might want to check out DJ Short's gear as he used some of the old Thai's as breeding material.

aasin527

honestly, i;ve grown and smoked all three: chocolate thai, cocoa kush and dj's vanilluna. you can find strong choco traits in either

D

Dalaihempy

There is a seed bank offering pure thia genetics cant think of the name is it the real seed company not sure his a member of icmag and basicly offers seeds from local farmers his made friends with in his travels my pick for any thia line sold.

I feel like a more hybrid sativa would be easier to feel the effects... Sometimes the pure landrace sativas, are such a mild head buzz for me.. Theres no way i notice a difference in high if im smokin other buds with them

The thing is a good quolity sativa will not over just over ride any indica your smokeing it will just flat out level you.

The choc thia as most call it had a browd leaf in short it was a high land thia or tempret thia sativa the choc taste or as i found it earthy taste and brown colour came after cure the quolity of thia went to shit around the mid to late 80s of the imported thia then it just stoped being imported in.

The fact some are finding what there smokeing to not over ride indicas tells me what your calling thia is week shit not haveing a go at any one just stateing facts here lots of thia cured to the brown earthy flavour and look some grew with thin leaf others not as thin the best thia was being imported around the world up untill the erly part of the 80s then the quolity started to drop as i sed best place to find real thia is from the seed company i sed above he offers a few pure old thia lines to.

Latest posts

Latest posts