What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blue Berry..please help

theGanjaGuru

I've been growing DJ's Blue Berry for a while . I got the beans from Emerry
I first started 20 ended up with 13 female and got about 10 different
phenotypes none had the true berry flavor,but the high is good.
My question is where can I find some that taste like berry, I've smoked
some before that tasted more like blue berries than real blue berries

Please help

check out my Gallery

king j

i was under the impression DJ short true blue/blueberry would produce you such a weed that would be blueberry in flavor
never grown it but i smoked it from a reputable freind
im growin peak blueberrys and they dont taste very blueberry but i aint cured um
and i have a blue moon rocks type plant from bog it has some blueberry to the taste... really sweet and hint of perfume to it

theGanjaGuru

thanks King j About 8yrs. ago this dude that grew it smoked a pinner with me it
tasted like someone dipped it in blue berry concentrate and the buzz
was maybe the best I ever had and I'm a 20+year smoker

PNW_grown

Veteran
Well maybe you are one of MANY of the customers Emery ripped off. If you bought DJ Shorts BB, I am pretty sure you would "find" that BB you are looking for. Plus if they were from DJ you probably wouldnt have gotten 10 phenos, especially if they were F1's... I am growing, and have been growing Dutch Passion Blueberry from Seeds Direct, i also have some that were made from dutch passion stock and they all show up pretty uniform, theres MAYBE three distinct phenos, more like 2, and they all show signs of purple, and i have a couple that reek of blueberry. I smoked some of the finished product and not only did it taste like blueberry, the smoke left a blueberry smell lingering for a while... It was awesome stuff. You may want to give the dutch passion a go.

theGanjaGuru

Thanks PNW grown I wish I knew about SD before I got ripped off by Emery.
some seeds turned out good but next time I'll use Seeds Direct.

anybody else grow Duch Passion Blueberry??

G

Hello there Guru i grew the dutch passion version.. It was goood but did not have the berry taste ..It had slight berry hints but no full blown berry..I got 2 phenos from my pack both leaned towards the afghani side of the blue berry..The buzz was nice but in the end i decided to toss the mother out for some thing better..I think you got the f2s from scammery..Heres to finding a true blueberry friend..

take care
greenfriend

gg- i am growing some DP BB. It is my first grow and it is extremely fincky stuff. I am at 47 days flower right now. I have three feminzed all turned hermie. Two smell really weird. one sort of stinks. the two weird ones smell sickly sweet, those are the ones that i think get berry with a good cure.

i would probably get a pack of DJ's from seedbay or a reputable seller. The DP BB is derived of DJ shorts. There shouldnt be that many phenos and the ones that are expressed shouldn't really lean toward afghani that much. lots of times they seem to come out toward the flo pheno.

good luck.

Red

Saving the Planet, One Seed At A Time
For the full Blueberry family taste-check out DJ's new release the Grape Krush. It smells like Grape pop from 5 feet away!

G

I was goin back n forth on what to get,and i wanted that Blueberry taste.I should have got the true BlueBerry but i got the BlueMoonshine(either way cant lose).Red,hows the BMS for blueberry taste if you dont mind me askin.?DWW :joint:

nobodyknew

I've been growing a d.j.short blueberry in clones from the mother for about 5 years now :canabis: it reeks of blueberry - tastes like blueberry - and gets you really stoned. :joint:
It also does numbers for pain and sleep
Even so - I got the "true blueberry" off Seedbay cos even tho I'm as happy as with what I already have - if d.j. says that this is the "ultimate expression" of blueberry then that's good enough for me..
I thought about it for about a heartbeat and hit the instant purchase button :wink:
There is no way I would ever buy anything through Emery seeds and believe I got what I paid for..........ever...........
There is still some d.j.short blueberry on Seedbay - I definitely would jump that way rather than Dutch Passion - very fine breeders I'm sure but it ain't the same :canabis:

Gamera

Yip seedbay, and if they post any more "True Blue", which is an incross of an exceptional blueberry sativa phenotype and that's the kind of buzz you prefer. I too was sold schwagberry by Narc Emeroid when I first started. Dutch Passion was better, but direct from DJ Shorts was the best. I'm real interested in Reeferman's Newberry and plan to try it as well. Chicks DIG blueberry !

G

I think I read somewhere Luci posted that there is not any blueberry at all in their (reefermans) Newberry.

I could be wrong though

Tex

G

I have been growing the DP-BB for about a year now. I started with four plants, three females and one male. I took the strongest female and she smells like berries and sure tasts like blueberies, at least that is what the missus says. She asked me to grow the BB. I figured DP would be the best. I got these beans from WWW before I knew of SD. Now I get all my genetics from SB. Why trade 'em when you can buy 'em.

Good Luck

Avid

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
DP's blueberry is nothing to do with DJ now, .... I dont think the Flo is either! gonna have to start t learn how to make a link so im not just posting statements with nothing else, lol

theGanjaGuru

Thank you all ,I am going to get some DP BB and try some real DJ BB
I'll tell you how it goes
If anybody else has grown Biueberry please do tell

Esskie

Hi there :smile: ,
Very interesting thread, I'm glad I stopped by to have a look as BlueBerry is a strain I've wanted to grow for soooo long :canabis: . As it happens, my good friend PNW sorted me out with an excellent assortment of BlueBerry and BB hybrids amongst other stuff :friends: .
From the regular, as in not a cross BlueBerry it'll be an indica type plant I look for as they'll be grown indoors

It's interesting also to note that
DP's blueberry is nothing to do with DJ now, ....
??, anyone say why?, what happened? :confused: . Did they totally rework their BB?, I have been under the impression that DP's BB had DJ Short's BB genetics?. Not that I'm doubting DP's genetics one bit!, you have to admit though, DJ has produced some crackers!.

Another one I'd like to try btw is Dr. Atomic's Blueberry x Northern Lights :yummy: , according to the breeder's description on the OG strainguide, a 75% NL and 25% Blueberry backcross is the cross so that sounds like a nice bug fat yielder?.
Another BB hybrid I would like to try, which is also N.Lights#5 x Blueberry but in this case an F1, is Big Blue. It sounds really right up my street?,
an F1 hybrid that does yields heavy and smells like dried grapes when its done, according to cannabis culture
:yummy: .

Wonder how a BlueBerry x Hashplant F1 would turn out?, we're thinking about keeping, one of, the better of the HP males for a)HP bx seeds & b)making/playing! with the production of HP F1s?.

ATB, Esskie :joint: