What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TK's Closet setup

G

I grow indoor organic hydro, as close to 100% organic as possible.

Closet A - 4'x4'x9'
Clone/propagation area:
(1) Aerocloner 20 site aero cloning rig
(2) 10x20 seedling trays, 8" and 2" humidity domes
(2) 24" Daul bulb Agrosun flouros
(6") Fan

Veg area:
(1) 150w metal halide
(1) 250w metal halide
(1) 2'x2' Ebb/Flow table w/20 gallon res.
(1) 6" fan
(1) 9000btu portable air conditioner

Closet B - 4'x4'x9'
Flower room
(1) 3'x3' Ebb/Flow table with 40 gallon res.
(2) 600w HPS Hortilux Air cooled fixture
(1) 440cfm Canister fan with 6" duct.
(1) 6" fan
I am adding a second exhaust fan and charcoal filter this weekend.

The two closets are side by side and I have created a duct between the two rooms where the exhaust fan in the flower room pulls the a/c air throgh the system and regulates the tempeture (82-88) in both rooms. I run lights at night to beat the Texas heat. No light leaks, no air leaks except a little at the door hinges and under the door but other than that I seal them up tight. 60-65 relative humidity all the time.

I use Pure Blend Pro Veg and Flower, Liquid Karma, Cal-Mag, Silica Blast, And Top Max. All but the Topmax are from Botanicare and the topmax is Bio Bizz. I am looking at going to a all Bio Bizz program over the next couple of months. So far the topmax bud booster kicks.

I just got a new 3’x3’ table and a new 2’x2’ table that I will be adding to the process somehow. It may require that I build another closet. That would be terrible hehehe, not. I was looking for a reason to build another room.

That were she is right now

Tex

ps. I will take pics and put them up tomorrow

G

Damn TK, that sounds like a sweet setup. Can't wait to see the pics.

I'm fortunate enough to have a full size unfinished basement. Skys the linit down there.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well we finally get the see the ala carte bud making machines home. Tex or Cap do you guys prefer the 600 watt lights as compared to the 1000 watters. I'm planning a bucket room this summer ( 12 buckets ) and was wondering if I should use 3 600 or 2 1000? And since the hoods will be sealed and air cooled do I get a switchable ballast for both bulbs or just the hps ballast? Oh and Tex I've read that those portable a/c are very handy to have expecially in that Texas summer heat. Looking forward to some pics of the Bitches Den.

Mr.Wags

Bonzo

Veteran
Good morning TK, I have been thinking about going organic. Why are you switching to Bio-Bizz? I have read alot of your posts concerning how organic the organic hydro nutes really are, is Bio-Bizz close to 100 %? Do you notice a big difference in taste, smell with organic? Thanks,Bonzo. P.S. hows the fridge coming?

G

I will go out in a bit to get some pics.

Buds ala carte, I love it Waggs. If it were me I would get (1)600w mh for veg and (2)600w hps for flower. Since you will have seperate hhods you can stagger the hieght if you start batches at different intervels. One could be low on plants in early flower and high for the ones about to finish. The portable a/c are nice but in hindsite I might have put a wall unit and mounted it high in my veg room. The a/c adds $200 a month to my electric which in the big scheme of things that's not to bad. The problem with the portable is it takes up floor space and for me that is a valuable commodity.

Bonz, I only use the Top Max from Bio Bizz and not their entire line. They are however OMRI 100% organic certified. General Hydroponics just bought all their distribution rights in the states so who knows if it will stay the same. I bought a bunch just before the switch over from Fertisource. I do notice in taste and burn but you can usually flush all that out either way. It is definately harder to nute burn your plants and it cuts my flush requirement down to a couple of days instead of 10 with chems. I haven't smoked any other weed in such a long time I am not real sure what the comparrison would be.

I'll go take some snaps
Tex

G

Tex you showing off again? As always, Impressive. You've gone through some nice stuff this past year. Setting that benchmark higher and higher. Good Show!

Blatant :wave:

G

Here is my little dual sealed closet setup in brilliant technicolor

I have the veg and clone side

I cut a vent in the top and it sucks the air down another duct in the wall and into the flower room, it's a giant vacuum. The cloner would normally be in there on the shelf but I am cleanin her for the next round.

A/c unit sittin ready for the damn Texas heat

Flower side

This is a 3x3 table with the 2 600w hps bulbs in the single fixture. The exhaust draws through the light and into a charcoal cannister filter in the attic. The 6" runs to a coupling and into the attic. Both 600w ballast sit at the top on the shelf and and have a small exhaust above them.

Here is some little ones about two weeks in flower

Now with the new additions I will effectively double my output potential and be able to some limited crosses without worries.

Tex

Last edited:
G

Tex just droppin in to see what you're adding to your setup :)

looks sweet bro..! those 5.25" sq pots you're using ?

G

Dmal, they are 5.25" and a few 6x6x7 thown in there for good measure. I have to many plants in there now and need to thin down to like 20 plants. 20 plants is about all a 3x3 table can effectively flower, even that is a crowded proposition.

Tex

Bonzo

Veteran
Hello TK, thanks for the info, hopefully GH wont change anything. Nice setup! Very efficient and productive use of space. I am going to put my ballasts up on a shelf as well, they are 1ks, is venting them mandatory? i could add venting later, will it hurt them to be up on a shelf for a couple months without venting? Does your fan exhaust or just keep air moving around them? thanks, Bonzo.

G

Tex... you are an inspiration man... How many damn closets are in your house and do you have any with clothes in them?

*laffin*

G

I do both, I have a fan for circulation and one for exhaust. The ballast can sit up on the shelf for a bit because the heat tends to rise to the top anyways but it get's damn hot so at some point you want to get some kind of cooling on them.

Tex

G

Cool tex

we gonna grab up 5.25s and go for about 24.

figure clipping lateral branching etc., should end up being decent

ahhh low branching strains really are great.

Bonzo

Veteran
Cool TK, im gonna go ahead and biuld my shelf and hang em' high! I have exhaust for my lights and a curculation fan as well and am going to add 1 or 2 more curculators. I found these neat little fans at wallmart. (on the stepstool) 10 bucks, 3 speeds, what a deal! Thanks again, Bonz :friends:

G

Nice closets tex...i highly recomend the full bio bizz line up...ive been using it a couple months now and i gotta say it rocks... fully organic but it seems our buddies gh may have messed with the formula a bit even though they are only a distributor... it seems thinner then the ferti source gallon i got ...may just be this batch that i got... do you pull in fresh outside air to cool your lighting or use ambient air from the basement?

take care
greenfriend

G

I figured GH couldn't leave well enough alone, that's why I stocked up.

I pull fresh air from outside and ambient air from close to the concrete floor in the building. The air stays relatitively cool down there.

Tex

G

TK
As usual my hats off to you.. Nice setup..very nice..
great work.. peace..

sack :friends: :canabis: :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts