What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should there be white hairs for harvest

ElevatedSoldier

Most hairs turn red. Some of the smaller buds at bottom still have white hairs. Both are autos past the 60 from seed by like 10 days.

1st pic amnesia 2nd purple cheese

Attachments

• 4M1B9562
    4M1B9562
    83.9 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 20

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many auto breeders stretch the truth on harvest time and yield. If it's 60 days...start looking at 72+. This isn't ready yet.

Grateful1

Its not uncommon for the upper colas to mature faster. I often harvest upper parts of the plant and allow the lowers to mature an extra week. Ive also seen a lot of autos go way beyond their suggested finishing times.

I had the same thing on my first grow and I just cut the tops and let the rest go another week or two. It’s not bad either because it splits up the trimming

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I've used the percentage of amber trichomes as a guide for nearly 15 years. I count 20 trichomes on a few different spots on the flowers themselves (not the sugar leaves) to get an average. I've chopped any new strain I flower out at 5, 10 and 15 percent amber trichomes to find the peak point of ripeness. Your growing environment can slow down or speed up the maturation rate, so breeder's "Flowering Times" are only a suggestion on when to begin watching how mature your plants are.

1 amber in 20 is 5%, 2 is 10% and 3 is 15% :)