What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are these Hermie Flowers? 1st time grow from bagseeds...

SweetJ138

Back in early may, i bought a $20 (bottom shelf) 8er of what was labeled as Durban Poison from a dispensary. The guy told me it was trimmed quick, and thats why it was priced so cheap. The effect was awesome, classic sativa energy buzz, exactly what i'm after when i buy meds. I went back and bought a few more 8ths from the same batch, and in ONE of those 4 or 5 bags, i found 3 seeds. I told the guy at the place, and he seemed enthusiastic that they were good seeds, and i kinda thought he was just blowing smoke up my ass. I knew very little about growing, but i germinated them on paper towels, got em going in solo cups just with natural sunlight, then transported them again into medium sized planters. just watered them, and pruned a bit here and there. never checked soil ph, never gave em nutes, nothing. very haphazard grow. 2 of the plants are flowering nicely, and this 3rd one is way behind. its starting to flower, but i think i have a hermie. What do you guys think? here are pics. Its planted far away from my budding girl plants.

20170828_102409.jpg
20170828_102500.jpg

SweetJ138

here are the other two. one has a big fat top bud, and is getting fatter. the other one i topped early, so thats why it looks the way it does. i accidentally split the main stem trying to stretch them a bit, but its still going. no bananas, no bugs, trichromes are getting fatter, just waiting it out, in hopes that i can maybe get a 1/2 oz or so off these.
20170828_102534.jpg
20170823_151429.jpg
20170828_102541.jpg

Betterhaff

Veteran
Hard to tell from those pics, I definitely see female flowers though. The body of a male flowers resemble a football (US) and the body of a female flowers resembles a vase. The female flowers will have 2 hairs protruding and as the male flowers open up they resemble more of a traditional flower, with petals (actually sepals) and pollen sacks (stamens).

Keep an eye on them. The problem with bags seeds is you don’t really know the pollen source. Is it contamination from a male plant from somewhere or is it coming from a hermaphrodite plant.

For some reason I can’t view the pics in your second post.

Trichomez1

Plants should never lose leaves or have them go yellow, indicates lack of nutrients. Those are female flowers. Id use some plant food if i were you

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Plants should never lose leaves or have them go yellow, indicates lack of nutrients. Those are female flowers. Id use some plant food if i were you

Those poor fuckers are deficient in everything, just as easy to do it right as not

SweetJ138

Those poor fuckers are deficient in everything, just as easy to do it right as not

This grow had a budget of $0.00.

I'm a broke father of two, living pay check to pay check. My budget for meds is like $20 a week, which is why i was buying bottom shelf 8ths in the first place. I wasn't about to put a dime into a grow with no prior knowledge, and possible bunk seeds. I've been reading up on as much as possible as i go, so that when i can afford a real grow set up, i'll at least have SOME experience, and prior knowledge to SOME small degree. Baby steps :)

The beans popped may 27th, put them in solos june 3rd, and the pics were taken aug 26th. The seeds were from a bag of DURBAN POISON. Everything i've read about DP says that its pretty resilient, and clearly that is the case because none of them have died yet.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
get some fish hydorlysate neptunes harvest 5-1-1 or something similar mix up a gallon to directions and use it on the yellow one
take clones of the bagseed before its too late , it might be something you wanna hang onto
you can clone this early into flower so
yeah
the single bud looks fine, maybe 4-8 grams dried
enjoy your experiments man

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
At the very least, if you cant afford any fertilizer is to take a piss in a bucket and let it sit for a couple days. Then cut it with like 10/1 water and give those plants a good drink.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
My first harvest wasn't the greatest but it sure was a fun experience the more ya do the better you'll get my best suggestion is to study hard on living organic soil style you will definitely thank those who posted content to help you ascend to a better level more fitting to your needs bless up and best of luck bud

SweetJ138

I actually took that yellowing one down. it wasn't growing at all anymore. all the trichs on the buds were thick and milky, calyx's red and turned down. I smoked some of the buds as soon as they were dry enough to burn "enough". I was prepared for the worst, and smoked it through a small water bong. I was shocked at how smooth it was, and it actually got me high! like didn't smoke the rest of the day, high! It was a nice sativa style head high with no body effects, red eyes, munchies, the whole 9. No headaches or paranoia, and it wasn't the least bit harsh which goes against everything i've read about smoking early harvested buds. I still have the other 2 healither looking plants.
I'm gunna look into the living organic soil thing for sure. I'm a professional chef, so i could collect enough scraps for compost in no time just saving my egg shells and produce waste.

SweetJ138

even though it smelled fruity when i clipped it, once it dried a few days, it had a very pronounced anise, slightly mentholy smell.

I have a thread on here with how my bagseed grow went, I was using no nutes as well. She was beasting until Harvey came in like what in Tarnation is going on here. LMAO

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I'm a professional chef, so i could collect enough scraps for compost in no time just saving my egg shells and produce waste.

get that and some plain old peat moss in an old bin , grab some fishin worms from wally world and boom you have a nice fertilizer factory
my favorite part is when i need some worms throw a few pieces of fruit on the top and grab the worm underneath

organics has its plusses, like water only through an entire harvest
(doable) and you can make teas that the leaves and roots really love

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i didn't think it was a hermi, but it did look healthy.

as mentioned, learn to clone and soon you'll have an extra $20. a week to support your family.

organics will be the cheapest (almost free...but not completely, it's always something).

once you begin it's hard to turn back.

here's to your success:friends:

1God777

First I would with 20$ buy a few strains from a good seed Bank. the cheapest regular versions an get a male an female to breed and create seeds.open up that geno pool .Like K.C. brains you will come across some mutations though

Latest posts

Latest posts