What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

$100 outdoors budget what do I get

I have good enough sun to grow year round. I finally have $100 to spend on soil and nutes. What should I get? I've been shopping on amazon I like GS Liquid Humic Acid and GS Kelp Organic Seaweed Fertilizer they have 5 stars so I really want to use those. Soil I'm leaning towards 2 cubic feet of Gardenville Organic for $18 from my local garden shop it has castings and some other goodies also I want to buy a shaker bottle of myco fungi from my local shop and their pelletized dolomitic limestone... does all that sound good? info is greatly appreciated... i was thinking about adding some high nitrogen soil amendment like mexican guano or cottonseed meal let me know what you think about that too or if its not needed... any extra saved money i will be putting towards building or buying a small greenhouse for 2 or 3 plants.

browntrout

Veteran
Just buy a bail or two of pro-mix already has mychorrizae added and is a perfect base, you can either go with time release chem nutes which will grow your plants like weeds and very big or get some liquid kelp and bone/blood meal if you want a superior product. (If not near much wildlife, attracts vermin). A bail of soil will do 10-15 plants or less nicely, You will need less if the natural soil is already good. (look for ferns or golden rod)

There is much more behind it, but It is what I can suggest after growing outdoors for some time now.

BT

i'm not growing in the ground i'm growing in pots so what size pot should be good i have temps into 100 in the summer and growing from bagseed

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Biggest pots you can afford to fill. IMO.

Like BT said, PM had Myco in it already as well as 2 types of lime, dolomite is one, hydrate is the other. One is fast acting(hydrate), dolomite is slow release..

I can get bales of pro mix for $28 and bales of Happy Frog for $15. A combo of those two in containers outside sounds like a good mix to me.

A mix of pro mix and your locally available soil sounds like a good mix as well.

browntrout

Veteran
Why not put them in the ground? they'll grow bigger, withstand more abuse and grow longer. Only time I would use pots is to move em to locations.

BT

Cannavore

Veteran
Just get a bail of promix like already said. And a gallon of Neptune's harvest fish&seaweed. You could run your entire grow on just that. I did for my first grow or two. The only thing you'll need is a pump and an airstone to bubble the Neptune's harvest.

And since you're growing outdoors I'd use the rest on pest and animal prevention.

Why not buy a 3 or 5 pack of feminized seeds too so you don't put all your faith in bagseed which may or may not be a hermie or a male?

i haven't ordered seeds since my last 4 orders a few years ago didn't show up cuz of customs and idk other times just nothing.... too risky to grow in the ground here. i did 75 one time miles away from my house and it got ripped up by county. i don't have a private backyard but i think i can keep them mostly hidden somehow. promix is pricey all the ones i see on amazon they don't have it at my garden center. i do need to build something to keep animals away.

Cannavore

Veteran
Premiere brand peat is $11 for almost 4cu ft at my local ace hardware. Add some perlite and get some Mykos and you've got yourself your own "pro mix"

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
people who buy Great White Shark, should be laughed at till they realize, most everything you buy in a "grow store" is marked up about 100%, if not more, than from a "country" store. Actual farmers don't spend a hundred dollars on something they can carry out of the store in one hand

check this out

Product contains beneficial endo mycorrihal fungi, beneficial ecto mycorrhizal fungi, two (2) trichoderma species and 19 species of beneficial bacteria.

1 pound is $64 bucks
https://www.kelp4less.com/shop/mycorrhizae-and-trichoderma/

Great White retails at $15.99 an ounce,or $256 a pound, so almost a $200 dollar savings, on one product

and for normal application, its a 1/4 tsp per 50 gallons

people who buy Great White Shark, should be laughed at till they realize, most everything you buy in a "grow store" is marked up about 100%, if not more, than from a "country" store. Actual farmers don't spend a hundred dollars on something they can carry out of the store in one hand

check this out

Product contains beneficial endo mycorrihal fungi, beneficial ecto mycorrhizal fungi, two (2) trichoderma species and 19 species of beneficial bacteria.

1 pound is $64 bucks
https://www.kelp4less.com/shop/mycorrhizae-and-trichoderma/

Great White retails at $15.99 an ounce,or $256 a pound, so almost a $200 dollar savings, on one product

and for normal application, its a 1/4 tsp per 50 gallons

woah thats really great stuff mun... thanks a lot for the info i really appreciate it... i'm leaning towards the Gardenville soil, blood n bone meal, kelp n that kelp4less.com myco stuff is the only thing i have to order online... great!:ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts