What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MilehighGuy's Organic Soil Journal

MileHighGuy

Veteran
MHG

I don't have a legitimate answer for you on that discussion. I've done the sprouting process both ways but that wasn't from actually planning things out - it's how they worked out

LOL

CC

Thanks for the reply. Now I'm even more curious.

subscribed so i can keep up!
:tiphat:

In about 5 minutes I'll go snap some photo updates.

I'm also about move a couple of plants into flower... That's always fun.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
A few pictures of AKS and Roshi Gumball

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355711583.639634.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355711623.121943.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355711657.923406.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355711681.640104.jpg

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Correct me If im wrong but those plants in flower are not in the soil mix you posted on the first page? What kinda soil are they in? Can't wait to compare those to what they will look like in the new mix...

Either way looking real nice

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Correct me If im wrong but those plants in flower are not in the soil mix you posted on the first page? What kinda soil are they in? Can't wait to compare those to what they will look like in the new mix...

Either way looking real nice

Exactly! That's why I'm so excited. This soil mix has been temperamental to say the least.

Sub-Cool's Soil Mix.

Re-Cycled about 4-5 Times and Re-Amended with way too much stuff..... It's Causing curl on some... But a few in here were run as a no-till of instead of re-amending and those are doing much better.

The Real Deal will be starting After the New Year.

Come January 1st.... My New Years resolution is No-Till Gnarlyness.

I'll be adding the new soil mix to 10 Gallon Dirt Bags and Applying a Tea one more time to sit for 10 days before I Transplant... or at least that is how it is in my head right now.

:woohoo:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Exactly! That's why I'm so excited. This soil mix has been temperamental to say the least.

Sub-Cool's Soil Mix.

Re-Cycled about 4-5 Times and Re-Amended with way too much stuff..... It's Causing curl on some... But a few in here were run as a no-till of instead of re-amending and those are doing much better.

The Real Deal will be starting After the New Year.

Come January 1st.... My New Years resolution is No-Till Gnarlyness.

I'll be adding the new soil mix to 10 Gallon Dirt Bags and Applying a Tea one more time to sit for 10 days before I Transplant... or at least that is how it is in my head right now.

:woohoo:

That's awesome man! That is pretty much the same situation I'm in, except the soil my plants are in currently is probably wayy shittier than the soil you've got yours in lol. But my current run is probably one of my best yet and to know that its going to get THAT much better once these same strains go into real organic living soil makes me so excited. Ill be lurking around here for sure man. You're doing an awesome job.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I need to organize some thoughts here... just pretend you don't see me here :)

What exactly do I have in my current organic arsenal and how can I be more systematic in my approach and use all of my tools at the proper time?

The Tools I'll be working with so far:

Water
Aloe Vera Powder
Neem Oil
Karanja Oil
Barley Seed
Kelp Meal
Alfalfa Meal
EM-1
Compost Tea's
Silica
Bokashi
Worms
Compost
Earth Worm Castings
Outsourced plants like Cilantro, Nettles, Comfrey Etc.
Coconut Juice
Dr. Bronners Soaps

Water: I have .05 Micron Water Filter at my sink. This is not in the workshop and is about 100 Feet away. So I'll have to carry the water. I'm currently using BluMats but have become frustrated with the constant rotation and adjustments because I'm harvesting plants every couple weeks or less. I also don't mind watering, I kind of miss it. I'm most likely going to put a spicket on the bottom of my current reservoir and that should allow me to use it as a sort of gravity sink to fill my 2 Gallon Watering can with. This way, I can carry a 5 gallon bucket into the grow room with me every time and top off my reservoir.... Yeah... Damn it. That's what I'm going to do... Funny how I didn't know that when I started typing this paragraph. I'll also be adding Silica, Aloe Vera and Barley tea's etc. to my watering bucket depending on what's available with my foliar schedule.

Aloe Vera Powder: Every Foliar, Every Watering. That should keep things simple.

Neem/Karanja Oil: Pest Control and Prevention. Once per week up until mid flower unless needed more due to infestation.

Barley Seed: Sprout and then Soak to ferment and access the enzymes. I'll use this as a soil inoculant for sprouting new seeds and cloning. Also foliar spray once per week.

Kelp Meal: Use in Compost tea. More research needed.

Alfalfa Meal: Possible foliar, use in compost tea... Need to think this through more as I may only use it in the tea and then use the tea as a foliar at transplant and again at flowering transition.

EM-1: Use as a soil innoculant when transplanting a No-Till. Use as foliar in veg when not using other recipes.

Compost Tea: Use to inoculate soil before planting in a no-till container. Use in case of emergency for "hot" soil. Other than that My plan is to use once during the transition to flower.

Silica: Use in every watering and Foliar... Keepin it simple there.

Bokashi: Need to Build a Bucket system or just order the damn kit. I'll do that in January.

Worms/Compost/Castings: I have 2 100 Gallon Dirt Bags arriving at my house soon and I'll start composting ASAP. I plan on using the Earth Worm castings for Everything.

Plants: Use for FPE if nutrients are off... Also use for bug control. Mainly I want to start collecting to add to my compost pile.

Coconut Juice: Use with Foliar once per week with the alfalfa tea and also use for Sprouting seeds and clones. Plus I'll be drinking a shit ton of it.

Dr. Bronners Soaps: Use in Bug Spray to switch it up every once in awhile.

After writing all of this it seems like I want to Foliar Accordingly:

Base Mix for every foliar:

Pure Water
Aloe Vera Juice
Pro-Tekt or Agsil16 (Silica)

Monday: Soak Barley Seed. No Spraying.
Tuesday: Foliar with Neem or Karanja or both.
Wednesday: Nada
Thursday: Base Mix Only
Friday:Nada
Saturday: Foliar with Coconut water and Barley Water.
Sunday: Nada

If everything is looking good I may not spray on Thursday's but we shall see.

I really want to be consistent here and start documenting my practices so that I might see area's to change and improve in... with proof to back it up.... This is purely for myself and my own regimen here in my environment.

Everything here is open for discussion and I'm not set in my ways at all. I'm just not wanting to start mixing sprays and concoctions at random and never really see what works.

Well, It's tuesday, so I'm making sure my fresh Neem oil is set by the fireplace to warm up and liquify before I mix up my spray batch tonight :tiphat:

Last edited:

Neo 420

Veteran
MH

You challenging me??? LOL J/K.. I got 2 phenos of girl scouts now. Damn I feel ashamed. :)