What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MilehighGuy's Organic Soil Journal

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Hot damn. My aloe Vera powder will be here today.

I also scored a few other items

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355258779.683136.jpg

The big bag is Barley Seed!

With the seeds, the coconut and the aloe, I'm going to have way to much fun :)

Thanks again CC for all the info, and for inspiring me to read soooo much more outside of this forum.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Mixed 1 gram 200x aloe powder with 199 grams water.

Took 1/4 cup of the aloe extract and added to a half gallon jar with filtered water, full.

Then I mixed 4 tsp neem/karanja oil in a shot glass with 2 tsp. pro tekt until it emulsified and then added that to the half gallon.

I shook like crazy and I will add to a half gallon of water in my sprayer and go to town!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355277557.354008.jpg

Neo 420

Veteran
Mixed 1 gram 200x aloe powder with 199 grams water.

Took 1/4 cup of the aloe extract and added to a half gallon jar with filtered water, full.

Then I mixed 4 tsp neem/karanja oil in a shot glass with 2 tsp. pro tekt until it emulsified and then added that to the half gallon.

I shook like crazy and I will add to a half gallon of water in my sprayer and go to town!

View attachment 197397

That mix is the shiznit...

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Trying out the new Phone's Camera.

All of these are on day 1 or 2 of Week 6. I think the AKS will go longest.

C99
picture.php

Some Afgan Kush Skunk
picture.php

Bob Marley's Candy from Kabookie (GDP and Bobs Collie? I think) Made up name too, forgot what kabookie called it.

picture.php

Another BMC
picture.php

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Set up the 5x5 tent last night. Turned out really nice, I love the size.

Bulb, ballast and hood will be here on Tuesday, until then I threw a T5 up and moved my larger veg plants into it.... then transplanted all of my "Agent Lemon" seeds into 1 gallon containers until sexed. So far, I have 2 females that are very different from each other and 2 males that are very different.... Can't wait to See these run out.

Tonight I'll be at a Christmas party and then tomorrow I'll be popping some Durban Poison and maybe a few others!!!

I'll throw some photos up on Tuesday when all is set up.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Oh Man! Cootz... This sprayer is the best I've ever used, I absolutely love it.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Those reading along I just purchased a Chapin 1949 concrete sprayer that works very well for growing.

Last night I watered with it using the 1 gallon per minute nozzle.

Also, I'm soaking some seeds for my next foliar feed, I think I got carried away....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355600908.960341.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355600927.673560.jpg

Here's the soil mix flattened out and getting sprayed with coconut water, aloe and kelp to moisten before piling up again for another 2-3 weeks.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355601004.874321.jpg

The new veg tent is on the right.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
MHG

You're more than welcome!

A couple of things - the Cytokinins in coconut water will a long way to increasing the girth of your branches. The indole-acetic-acid (IAA -Auxin) sprayed on the young starts will lessen the internode spacing.

There is certified organic freeze-dried coconut water available from many online sources. 1/2 oz is mixed with 12 oz. of water to get to full strength. It runs around $30.00 per lb. so you can play with the numbers and see if that makes any sense. Again, it organic and it is freeze-dried.

The Aloe vera is also certified organic and is freeze-dried. There is another powder version, spray-dried, which is not of the same quality but some may find this at eBay and other sources. The freeze-dried versions (primarily Australia) are human food-grade almost universally whereas the spray-dried (primarily Mexico) is usually not.

Just for info if others are looking for these materials....

HTH

CC

MileHighGuy

Veteran
MHG

You're more than welcome!

A couple of things - the Cytokinins in coconut water will a long way to increasing the girth of your branches. The indole-acetic-acid (IAA -Auxin) sprayed on the young starts will lessen the internode spacing.

There is certified organic freeze-dried coconut water available from many online sources. 1/2 oz is mixed with 12 oz. of water to get to full strength. It runs around $30.00 per lb. so you can play with the numbers and see if that makes any sense. Again, it organic and it is freeze-dried.

The Aloe vera is also certified organic and is freeze-dried. There is another powder version, spray-dried, which is not of the same quality but some may find this at eBay and other sources. The freeze-dried versions (primarily Australia) are human food-grade almost universally whereas the spray-dried (primarily Mexico) is usually not.

Just for info if others are looking for these materials....

HTH

CC

I looked into the coconut and I may go that way in the future.... But I do enjoy having the cans around for myself to drink and they are only about $2 per can and that is 17 ounces.

I can purchase 255 ounces of Coconut water with pulp in it in a can for me and the plants for $30.00

Or with the Freeze Dried, I can make about 384 ounces for the same money.... Not drastic enough for me to wait for the mail... instant gratification worked perfect and the local Natural Grocery Store had many varieties of Coconut water by the case.

I do however LOVE the 200x Aloe Powder, the stuff is great. So in the future, I could probably see myself going for the coconut powder too.

Really, I just can't wait until this soil is ready so I can start growing in the reality that my mind has been living in for the last few months.

My knowledge is ahead of my practice, and that can be frustrating at times.... but change is a comin!!!

Neo 420

Veteran
Your garden is really coming together well. Looking tough!!

How are you sprouting your barley? Are you just letting them soak in water? I think I am ready to give the barley mix a try in my garden.

MileHighGuy

Veteran
I have some barley going right now. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

I've been eating sprouts for awhile. I really really like sunflower sprouts.

Anyways.

I use this, but many people use the sprouting jars with the mesh lid.

P12037465a.jpg

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
Talk about commitment to a process! - that's one kick-ass seed sprouter!

Did you buy that online or was that a local purchase? I'm going to get me one of those!

CC

MileHighGuy

Veteran
At the Local Natural Grocery Store they have an area dedicated to Sprouting.

I purchased the tray there, I'm sure I could have done better online but I always support local first if possible.

They have bags and bags of really nice organic seeds. From Clover to Sunflower and back again, I just keep trying new ones.

The stacking trays are very very easy to use, it's almost foolproof...

Almost being the key word, I've thrown batches away because I forgot to rinse for a day or two and it didn't look tasty anymore, as long as you follow the instructions and rinse 2-3 times per day, You will have Pounds of sprouts around at all times.

I use the sprouts in my juicer along with the usual veggies and fruits.

When sprouting in the tray, it's done with a lid on... in the dark, then once sprouted you pop the lid off and let the light hit them to green up and grow a little bit.

When we are fermenting these sprouts do we want the light exposure?

I ask, because I have a 1/2 gallon jar in the pantry with water and sprouts in it, but I did not let any light hit them through the whole proccess.... Is that the goal, or should I have let them green up a bit?

My thought process was that once light is introduced and they start greening up, that means that they are starting to also use the valuable nutrients we are hoping to capture and making them less accessible through a simple fermentation...

Watcha think Clackamas?

MileHighGuy

Veteran
Oh crazy!! My 1/2 gallon jar with seeds was about to explode... The metal lid was bent upwards and when I opened it fizzed like a shaken soda bottle.

Look at all that goodness :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355697493.539022.jpg

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran
MHG
When we are fermenting these sprouts do we want the light exposure?
I don't have a legitimate answer for you on that discussion. I've done the sprouting process both ways but that wasn't from actually planning things out - it's how they worked out

LOL

CC

Latest posts

Latest posts