What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MEDMAKER420 a.K.a the Aardvark 2012 MMJ Grow Show

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
Here are some shots of the Field Marshall Seeds germination process

Step One:
attachment.php

I put water with a cap full of h2o2 in the cut party cups and then let them soak for 24 - 48 hours until they sink to the bottom

attachment.php

and
attachment.php

and
attachment.php

Attachments

• fms 005.jpg
    fms 005.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 22
  • fms 006.jpg
    fms 006.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 27
  • fms 007.jpg
    fms 007.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 24
  • fms 008.jpg
    fms 008.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Field Marshall Seeds Germination Video
[YOUTUBEIF]bgDhltbkRhg[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

medmaker420

Veteran
Growth Pictures of The Chemmy Jones, Jedi Kush, Blackwater, Jackpot Royale and the Aardvark Mix plants growing under the 4 different veg lights.

This one I just thought looked cool and this is the smaller veg concept light #1 if you have been watching the videos you will know which one I am talking about.

attachment.php

Attachments

• growblu.jpg
    growblu.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Aotf

Now you are winning me over MM420! H202 in the soaking solution!!!... I will def how to try this out. I soak everything I pop, same time [24-48hrs.] or at least until I see a tail then on to a new home.

As far as degrees of penetration, when I first started touting LED's to those close, I would brag about building some kind of "exo-skeleton" led light. Well, 5 years passed and shit wasn't even started, lol. But I do believe a flexible led venture is possible and can take advantage of using beams for close-up's [60, 90 etc] and using the [120's] as spectrum filler. [Movers with two different lights could be a start]
Some have discussed the spectrum that is currently being offered and I haven't kept up in a while to throw out specific nm [which is usually decided by price your willing to pay anyhoo], but I do like red, blue and Greens/Yellows too. In a perfect world all of these would have steep angles for maximum canopy filtering. My spectrum filler using the wider angle lenses would be the whites and possiby Uv/IR.

Look forward to the rest of the grow, so far looks like a champ. Just a thought about heat wash, try to measure your lights separately if possible, especially w/ a heat gun.

medmaker420

Veteran
Now you are winning me over MM420! H202 in the soaking solution!!!... I will def how to try this out. I soak everything I pop, same time [24-48hrs.] or at least until I see a tail then on to a new home.

As far as degrees of penetration, when I first started touting LED's to those close, I would brag about building some kind of "exo-skeleton" led light. Well, 5 years passed and shit wasn't even started, lol. But I do believe a flexible led venture is possible and can take advantage of using beams for close-up's [60, 90 etc] and using the [120's] as spectrum filler. [Movers with two different lights could be a start]
Some have discussed the spectrum that is currently being offered and I haven't kept up in a while to throw out specific nm [which is usually decided by price your willing to pay anyhoo], but I do like red, blue and Greens/Yellows too. In a perfect world all of these would have steep angles for maximum canopy filtering. My spectrum filler using the wider angle lenses would be the whites and possiby Uv/IR.

Look forward to the rest of the grow, so far looks like a champ. Just a thought about heat wash, try to measure your lights separately if possible, especially w/ a heat gun.

Aotf, totally agree and time will tell as far as which style panel works out best. So far the modular setup just seems to make more sense to me.

It would be great to be able to change out the led angles dependent on what you are growing and the penetration needed. Like bifocals for the leds or something or trifocals lol.

vukman

Veteran
Med!!!!!!!!!! DUDE....nice picture...tell me there is no 'retouching' done there.........No funny 'photo-shopping' done right?

The highlighted glow on that plant there (mid-right) looks damn neat!!

Oh yeah..the grow is nice too.........;)..........ahahah......I know..everyone is a damn comedian....

medmaker420

Veteran
Once I get the flowering lights here I will be taking pics of those and getting some live video turning them all on, putting them in their new homes as well as finding out which of these plants are female and will continue onto the flowering stage.

I will odds are cut some lower growth and the main top of each female to get clones so I can retest the same cut etc for further grow tests in flower under the different flowering panels themselves.

It really depends on how many flowering panels I get for me to figure out how many females I need to have as well as how many clones needed of each females once proven under the led flowering panels.

I have plenty of strains to choose from and after the first run of all these different girls it will be easy to spot which perform best and under which led panel to be more specific.

medmaker420

Veteran
9-17 Updates:

Germination:
Alright the germination of the Field Marshall Seeds is almost done, they are going to be going into their soil mix to get some legs under them and see how they do under the different led veg lights.

With the last seedlings that I did which were the "aardvark mix" seeds, the germination ratio was much better than the first 4 strains that I put in. I want to see how the Lady Berry Kush and the Kushy Haze does germinating under the different led lights as well.

If I would have seen reduced germination ratios in the "aardvark mix" germination and seedling stage then I would only do the seedlings under light #1 and #2 since they did best during the early germination / seedling stage compared to light #3 and #4.

Culling The Males:
Once the flowering lights get here I will start sexing the chemmy jones, jackpot royal, blackwater and jedi kush. I don't think I will be keeping any of the males out of that group as I am trying to locate keeper females right now.

Since I will not be doing the breeding project until 2013 I am not trying to locate keeper males and I would prefer their genetics to be 100% unique of any of the females being used so that weeds out everything I am growing right now.

I will keep my "male selections" on hold for the time being unless something sticks out as being a keeper but I tend to be pretty stingy with male selection because I feel it is the male that really MAKES the cross.

Flowering Cycle:
The flowering cycle is about to start and will be a ton of fun to follow for all of us. I can't wait to see how the different strains grow under the 5-10 different flowering led lights BUT since they are all from seed, who really knows what will come of it.

As I locate the keeper phenotypes however I will have clones of them that I will keep going in veg to get new clones for and continue to fill the different tents with the "keepers" whichever they might wind up being.

No matter what, it will be a ton of fun to see how all these different strains grow under the different lights + locating the keepers and seeing what phenos will pop out of the alphakronik, connoisseur genetics, cali connection and field marshall seeds strains.

medmaker420

Veteran
Field Marshall Seeds -
IN THE SOIL Series Placemark
For Videos and Pictures of
Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze

vukman

Veteran
Brother:

I do not have the words to properly express what you are doing for the LED community.
May the horticultural Gods bless you with a bounty of which there is no rival!!!!!!:bow:

medmaker420

Veteran
Vukman just can't wait to see how these girls do in flower, I think the blue light + flash takes some amazing pictures for sure. Looking down on all the leaves gives off that glow with the naked eye as well, these things are BRIGHT lol. Only photoshop done was adding the growblu logo to the image and the rest was the cool spectrum + amazing growth (-;

Just remember that growing is a spectator sport until you have to get on the old knees and get to gardening, man I feel old lol.

I just hope the lights + spectrum do what the owners were hoping and I get to reap the rewards of an amazing harvest in the end. Going from proven hps to testing various led spectrums can leave one a bit nervous LOL but I really dig what they are trying to test as well as how many different tests they are having me perform so I am excited overall.

I have done a test grow for Field Marshall Seeds before on the Lady Berry Kush and Kushy Haze so it will be fun to see the growth differences from pl-l/hps to 100% led from start to finish.

Once I finish the main spectrum testing I can't wait to toss a couple veg and flower lights in a larger room and see about doing a LARGE SCALED LED Grow Show, maybe a stadium with a light mover or two... who really knows whats in store BUT the future is exciting.

For those interested growblu.com has gotten some lights headed their way based on all current research and from their reports the proven spectrums that they have been working on were in #1 and #2 so the growth progress so far has been beneficial for their research which makes me stoked for sure.

I still think the #3 and #4 panels just need some adjustments in the heat distribution department and a few more mods and they would keep up with the #1 and #2 light BUT as they sit they are behind pretty far.

They will be announcing a store launch date which will odds are be posted on their main site and I will odds are do a launch video for them on the ledgrowshows youtube channel showing the growth and lights etc.

Just like you vukman, we never know how the flowering side of things will go which yours is filling in nicely and STINKY and that is all I am waiting to help them finalize a few things with. We all know what spectrums are proven and right now I think the key is tweaking the exact % as well as which manufacturer is best to get the lights from unless you go the diy route then all avenues are wide open.

I want to see more people help me with what growblu is doing, they will odds are have sales positions, affiliate program as well as light giveaways coming up so anyone interested pm me for details if and when they fill me in on the info.

horticultural - that word just brings so many thoughts and memories to my mind, or was it the hash

Aotf

Aotf, totally agree and time will tell as far as which style panel works out best. So far the modular setup just seems to make more sense to me.

It would be great to be able to change out the led angles dependent on what you are growing and the penetration needed. Like bifocals for the leds or something or trifocals lol.

Modular will be the standard soon, that's why #2 and #1, the penetrator clones, I am keeping an eye on, or are they all modular?

The bifocal trifocal would be an crazy effect, the veg switch has it's angles and the bloom switch has its own angles.

I read about Apache Tech's lights and they use 14 and 50, I should have read before running my mouth, they use the 14 degree for the edges and 50 for the interior I believe, that is quite a change from most led's that are popular today.

Aotf

Modular will be the standard soon

Can't edit my posts yet, damnit.........unless they start coming out with crazy diode's like 25w or something with 3 pinned altogether on the same boardspace and repeat. Its fixed modular, but it may be cheaper in the long run.

25w diodes.....just think about it :tiphat:

vukman

Veteran
Can't edit my posts yet, damnit.........unless they start coming out with crazy diode's like 25w or something with 3 pinned altogether on the same boardspace and repeat. Its fixed modular, but it may be cheaper in the long run.

25w diodes.....just think about it :tiphat:

Don't have to think about it..they exist today. It's just the cost factor that is prohibitive. If you want to DIY, you can find them easily enough...

medmaker420

Veteran
Modular will be the standard soon, that's why #2 and #1, the penetrator clones, I am keeping an eye on, or are they all modular?

The bifocal trifocal would be an crazy effect, the veg switch has it's angles and the bloom switch has its own angles.

I read about Apache Tech's lights and they use 14 and 50, I should have read before running my mouth, they use the 14 degree for the edges and 50 for the interior I believe, that is quite a change from most led's that are popular today.

I am actually testing a few different panels including these two versions and I believe others have modular options as well BUT can't verify until I receive them, turn them on and check them all out.

On the led angles, that is one of my favorite things to research actually. I think the spectrums can be pretty dialed in however without having the right degree lens I wouldn't call it completely dialed in yet.

I can see the need in very narrow lens as well as some that offer a spread and a few in between. There really is alot more research to be done on lens degree angles for sure.

I just can't wait to see where everything is with led grow lights in 5 years because the last couple have really stepped things up. I also see a huge diy crowd just waiting for a chance to start building led arrays.

I just want to do some light mover grows and see how these can do running vertical once I get the first few test grows underway. I am sure growblu would love to see how the lights do horizontal AND vertical :dance013:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
any chance of posting some more pics of the plants on the thread? i use tor and its very slow for youtube and it generally tells me to try again later.

would love to see some pics of the plants in natural light....

thanks,

VG

medmaker420

Veteran
any chance of posting some more pics of the plants on the thread? i use tor and its very slow for youtube and it generally tells me to try again later.

would love to see some pics of the plants in natural light....

thanks,

VG

VerdantGreen,

I will get more pics posted, as it being the veg growth there isn't as much fun to be had pic wise as most tend to come around for the bud shots lol.

I have a ton of natural light ( minus blue that is lol ) plant pictures that I can post up here that were featured in the videos as well as many that didn't make it.

I agree youtube can lag especially with certain browser options.

medmaker420

Veteran
subbed....wowza cool grow, lots of light, mate!

Just wait for the flower portion, now THAT is going to be LOTS OF LIGHT lol.

I should have wattage readings among other tests dealt with for these veg lights as well as the flowering lights when all the gear gets here. I want to see what these are pulling wattage wise per veg light as well as the flower and full spectrum led panels.

I want to make sure that growblu has their true wattage and not just the manufacturers version so a grower knows the truth behind it. Now the sad thing is most would just see a higher number wattage and go with that even if it wasn't the true wattage of the light itself SO who knows what would be best overall.

From a growers standpoint though, I would want to know the TRUE WATTS.

Feel free to stick around because there will be plenty of pictures and videos and random commentary from plenty of LED growers who will odds are be pulling up a chair and coming along for with me on this adventure as well.

:dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts