What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sat Trim machine

medosfinest

ez trim satellite

ez trim satellite

i rented this machine for havest this year and it was pretty bad ass, we were able to harvest and trim from 6 to 8 pounds a day dry weight with 3 or 4 people cutting the buds off the branch and 1 guy running the machine, i imagine if you had enough helpers you could easily process 10 pounds a day.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thankns medosfinest for the testimonial, glad you liked it... im curious if you were trimming indoor or outdoor?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Yeah I'm looking for a trimmer to buy and I want to see how this compares to the twister also. Anyone?

I wasn't overly thrilled with the Twister. It was extremely loud and unnecessary for the 10-12lbs I was trying to run through it. It seemed to continuously need more product to keep it moving through.

Wasn't worth the energy to haul, setup and clean it afterwards for my particular situation. Luckily it was only borrowed from a friend. I can pretty much achieve the same thing with some scissors and a trimpro rotor.

Would love to try the Satellite shown in this thread, but not currently willing to drop the cash unless production is significantly increased.

PiffPuffa

Avi whats going on? registered to hopefully get some insight on this sattrim.... Have you used the sattrim for indoor(grade A+ hightimes quality)? if so what strains? Ive been doing hours of research on blogs n youtube i seen the videos none of them really show the end product really clear or a side by side pics of the same harvest one plant hand trimmed vs the sattrim... Im in cali prop215er and my local hydrostore has one for rent but the owner swears he hates it and the twister even more and prefers to hand trim his indoor and would run his outdoor on the sattrim/twister. Is the sattrim better for outdoor than indoor? Im most likely going to rent regardless due to lack of manpower and security trust issues i plan on trimming SFV OG and GSC

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
leme put it this way:
ideally, machine cleaned and prepped
buds are only in the machine for like 2 minutes tops....
not even enough time to rape the buds imo.
I trimmed th elongest foxtails ive ever seeeen in the sattrim and not a single calyx was disturbed, just leaf.

yes i've trimmed top top quality magazine style buds with the sat trim....
i mean...
i'll say it again.
it's a production machine, made for BIG harvests, that's when you get your money out of it... if you run less than like.... 20 lights, it's probably not going to be full worth it to you.
then again i knew a guy who regularly paid out 5k to trimmers per harvest for a 16 lighter. at 7k for the sat trim.... pays for itself in under a year.

Last edited:

PiffPuffa

Thanks for the reply... i was more nervous about the quality and weight of the end product vs the cost(since im renting it will be WAY cheaper and faster) My main concern is/was that my a+ strain grow(that i would normally hand trim) would become B- bud once i run it threw the sattrim (according to the hydrostore owner who i only met once) if you used it successfully with indoor grows with no lose of quality or weight than im sold

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as a renter your only disadvantage is lack of experience on the model.
you want to be able to crank up the speed of the fan/blade up to top high level and have NO friction or "touching" or "clank"
meaning blade should be raised as high as it possibly can be (after being 100% cleaned, should come to you clean if you are renting from a "real" business), without touching the top grate.

like i said, buds go in and come out quickly, just enough time to knock off the sugar leaves, not enough time to do any damage....
the trim isn't gonna be as super close and meticulous as hand trim obviously, certainly does a good job; but it will NOT lower the quality of your buds, will NOT molest, rape, ruin, whatever....

PiffPuffa

thanks again bro... I was going to rent anyway but its nice to get reassurance from someone who ACTUALLY used the machine and not talked crap about it because of what they "think" will happen to the buds like most post i see under the videos on youtube... I'll most likely try and document the harvy before and after pics maybe some up close vids... i need to do some more research on how many lbs i can trim before i stop the assembly line and clean the sattrim(checked it out today its spotless so i wont have to clean before hand ) and its best to do shoebox size loads at a time? for how long? just trying to pick your brain haha

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya large shoe box size.... i generally would place a 5 gallon bucket beneath the "exit chamber", to just dump the load straight into 5 gallon bucket below when finished, then arrange buds from 5gal bucket onto dry racks.
as for time in the machine.... you gotta keep an eye on it, because as the machine gets a lil more gummed up over time it will slow down the trim...
watch your buds in there at first, get a time at which you are happy with the trim, use that as your standard, adding a lil bit of time as the trim day goes on.
clean the blade during smoke/lunch/ whatever breaks you take; will help.

i suggest spending some time fiddling with the blade/fan height level for a while before getting really into production mode with it... talk to the rental peeps about that, maybe even holler at the sattrim company if u feel so inclined, they may have more technical info about that blade/fan level adjustments.... basically make sure the blade is perfectly parallel to the grate, i remember counting rotations on the lil thumbscrews so that they all were the same level, and getting it as close as i possibly could....
also sometimes different strains w/different nugget profiles & shapes worked better with blades at different heights...
like i said, tinker with that blade height a lil bit to get it right.
hope that helps

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just used the easy trim "drone" and new and improved "wand"-er yesterday, taking down a friends 1-light-er.

picture.php

^ the drone

picture.php

^drone setup

picture.php

^^ drone brain

picture.php

^ loading the drone with buds

picture.php

^ finished buds, these stayed in the trimming machine only 90 seconds, a "quick trim"

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

loading the drone....

picture.php

ready to turn on....

picture.php

check out the little tiny buds that the machine will finely trim without letting them fall thru the grate into the trim.... this is a great feature of the machine, well made recessed grate that allows ALL material to be trimmed without wasting small buds

picture.php

^ more small buds that the drone trimmer finely trimmed and kept safe from being wasted and mixed with leaf trim.

picture.php

^new wander trimmer base, now has a swivel on it so it turns with you as you move, also has a new improved handle and housing for the blade, it GREATLY has reduced vibration on the hand holding the wand... also has reduced vibration from cutting thru thick healthy fan leaves
last year i tried the wand out and was not super fond of it, but now its much smoother and easier to use. also the new blade housing makes it so u don't need the lubricating oil but a lil bit at the very beginning, and i think u could even just use a lil water on the blade and it would work fine.....
i was not a fan of oil on the blade and the new design has fixed this issue for me. i think the wander is now comparable to bonsai heros altho alot more safe with no exposed blades.

blastfrompast

Veteran
So you don't really hand trim the buds very much when you break them down eh.

I've used the salad bowl style before, and we always did a REALLY rough trim, knocking off any smaller leaves....about the same way as I would if I was planning on dry trimming....Looks like you don't need to with this machine based on your pics...

I cannot speak on the performance of the machine, but I had a rep in the other day and the manufacturer rents them and also sells them. If your hesitant they have comped the rental fee for testing purposes.. They seemed pretty chill

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Avi
Can you post some dried finished pictures?

yes coming soon.... I'll get some pics of dry buds trimmed with the drone uploaded asap.
was at the cannabis cup in denver showing of some jars that were all trimmed with the machine....