What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vertical Scrog

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Thought I would start a new thread. It has been a while since I had a thread.

So here is what I got going. I am building a new flower room that is 6 X 7 X 7. It will have blumats, screens, and a blower.

The room is 294 cubic feet so I need at least to have a fan that does 588 cubic feet per minute. I went with a wind god that does about 750 cubic feet per minute and a 8 inch filter rates at 750 cfm.

The ceiling is foil lined OSB (chip board) which will reflect light back down into my doughnut. Not to worried about the walls as my screens are backed with reflective foam. Pictures of this will follow. I like the OSB as I can mount things like my fan to it or my lights.

I need some suggestions as to what to look for in a good camera so I can post some decent pictures. Currently I am just using a camera phone which will not give me detailed pictures of how I tie my plants to my screens.

Later today I will post some pictures of some of my progress.

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
Looking forward to the pics bro!
I recently changed gears, and am rocking coco donuts. Really excited about the change...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ichabob..word on the street is you are blowing the FUCK UP bro.....I heard VERY good things about your past grows......and in the future I may need your local real estate LEET Skeelsz....ttyl and keep it green brudhha!

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
picture.php

Ok, I thought to start this thread I would show you how I build my light support for the bottom.
The top light is just hung by a hook like this.

picture.php

Ok lets go. First you need the following parts:

8 3/4 inch pvc elbows
6 zip ties
1 four way pvc tee
1 light socket HID
4 pieces 3/4 inch diameter pvc pipe 9.5 inch long
6 pieces 3/4 inch diameter pvc pipe 14 inches long
1 1/2 inch black pipe nipple 3 inches long
1 1/2 inch floor flange

Here is a picture of the parts.

picture.php

Ok to start you need to file any burrs of the inside of the nipple. This is so that it does not cut the insulation on your wires.

picture.php

Next take one of you pipes and shove it into your 4 way and drill a 1/2 inch hole all the way through it like this. I find it is easier to drill by holding the pipe and not the four way. You will get some thing like this.

picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The next thing to do is secure the floor flange to the four way with four zip ties like this.

picture.php

After cutting off the extra from the zip ties we need to work on the base of the light. Grab your light and loosen this set screw.

picture.php

Once the screw has been loosened the bottom part will screw off like this.

picture.php

Flip the fixture over and undo the silver screws holding the base on.
Like this.

picture.php

You will then have a fixture that looks like this.

picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Now take your flange with the four way and thread on the nipple like this.

picture.php

The next thing to do is flip the light over and disconnect the black and white wire. When this is done remove these three pieces as they are not needed.

picture.php

Now smoke the best crap you have as this is the most frustrating thing to do. You will need to reconnect the wires you just took off of the top of the fixture. And the base as well. I find that if I put the screw in with a screw driver to hold it in place I can rest the screw driver on my work bench to line up the wires with the screws. Now did you forget which wire goes where? If you did the black wire goes to the spring in the middle. When you are done it will look like this.

picture.php

Next connect the nipple to the light fixture base so it looks like this.

picture.php

Now take the 9.5 inch pieces of pipe and put them into the four way.

picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Hang in there we are almost done. Now put 4 elbow on the 9.5 inch pipe ends as shown below.

picture.php

Now take the 14 inch pipe pieces and remaining elbows and connect these parts together like this.

picture.php

Next slide these assemblies into the elbow connected to the 9.5 inch pipes like this.

picture.php

And the last thing to do is use the last two zip ties to hold the cord off of your fan as shown below.

picture.php

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Ok I am done posting for now. Glad you guys are here Arminius and Mega. I don't know about blowing it up, but I have had a few good runs lately.

Oh sorry about the big pictures If someone could tell me how they are doing the pictures that enlarge when you roll over them that would be a big help.

Thanks goes out to Bobblehead for reteaching me how to post pictures.

EvilCartman

This looks to be a good show! I'm on board! :dance013:

I need some suggestions as to what to look for in a good camera so I can post some decent pictures.

I picked up a Canon Powershot a while back. They have a good macro setting and take a pretty darn good picture for an inexpensive camera. Small size is a plus for what I use it for.

I wouldn't call it a "good" camera, but it's pretty decent. :biggrin:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have a Canon Powershot also but a couple years old STILL a very good camera and takes video's also.....Ichabob...I LOVE the picture of the Hook.....by itself...I laughed out loud on that one..ok newbs here is dah hook LMAO..omfg I'm still laughing!

Great thread!

bobblehead

Veteran
You used the word nipple... :biggrin: Looking good broski. I only post pics blown the fuck up... If you upload them to your gallery, and then use the "insert image(s)" tab under all the smilies in the response box, well then you get thumbnails that will blow up when you click them.

I have a powershot SX20 IS whatever that means... All I know is it's more camera than I know how to use.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Ok mega I will expand on the hook. The hook needs to be closed a little with a pair of pliers so it pinches the cord some. It will pop when it slides in. This will prevent it from sliding down during the day. If you need more Mega just PM me and I can send you some pics.

Welcome to all the new people here. Later today I will post some pics of how I have the blumats plumbed. This should make Bobble happy so I don't keep sending him questions.

I am still waiting on some ballasts and just may run it with a single ballast for a bit till I get them. My veg area looks like a jungle right now and I need to move along some plants soon.

bobblehead

Veteran
Ok mega I will expand on the hook. The hook needs to be closed a little with a pair of pliers so it pinches the cord some. It will pop when it slides in. This will prevent it from sliding down during the day. If you need more Mega just PM me and I can send you some pics.

Welcome to all the new people here. Later today I will post some pics of how I have the blumats plumbed. This should make Bobble happy so I don't keep sending him questions.

I am still waiting on some ballasts and just may run it with a single ballast for a bit till I get them. My veg area looks like a jungle right now and I need to move along some plants soon.

I've gotta say i really like how you plumbed your blumats... It pretty much eliminate any chance of air clogging the line. It's got me thinking...