What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DoobieDuck 2011 Grow Diary

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm bump'n my last post from the previous page so you guys will be up to speed on whats going on with the girls in the patch..See Ya! DD

Ya Unc..who'da..I bet you could get some members here that would argue that point! Indoors far better than outdoors...OOPS..don't get um started..He He....

Thanks Mugenbao..I'll get the sunrise someday soon..

Ton thanks for the visit..yes me too! They are going balistic indica..I'm having to spread them 3X per day or risk breaking off the thick stems...

Mr. X thank you and welcome..

A rare update from me...no pixels today..but I couldn't wait to bring you the even better news. After close scrutiny and some crawling around on my hands and knees, very hard on my poor neck, using my loupe, I have confirmed 8 females now in the patch.
They are:
3X Doobies Hummingbird Red stem, and one Green pheno. I am going to call the KaliCocoaFlo X Jolly= Hummingbird!
One Casey F2 the other is un-confirmed.
Both the ChemHaze/Chemdogs are female Ya! Yippie! Go Rez!
My Cripple Creek, which is CocoaKush X Jolly, she is female.
Yet to go is the Stratocasters, and another Casey F2, and the semi-late addition Strawberries.

I have a couple other late additions, 2 Dieselrella from Dutchgrown and a rare ESBE PurtXEroc DP for color. All of these will be considerably behind ..I will give them all the love and care I can to get some good images in the end.

Cheers...I'm happy...DD

ganja_hasi

natural mystic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pictures can express more than words can say...your pictures are the proof of it Doobie :good: :respect:

Justin_Credible

Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary....
Veteran
:yoinks: :good:

picture.php

:thinking:
This your 1st time growing her out? cannot wait to see what the budds look like man. Thanks for the update.

:joint:

G

guest5703

Sweet greenhouse Doobie!! I want one I want one!!!! I'll be subscribing, everything looks awesome!!! Keep up the good work bro, PEACE

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Many thanks to all of you for your views and comments....

This your 1st time growing her out? cannot wait to see what the budds look like man.
JC yes..this is the first time growing these out..and I am a lot like you..."can't wait to see the buds"! They are doing great and I'll have more images of them very soon.

Todays pix are the ChemHaze/ChemDog two girls I'm spreading out. Growing and stretching rapidly..hard to keep up:

picture.php

picture.php

This is the line up of my Doobies Strawberry:

..and a couple new commers to the grow. There are two DutchGrown Dieselrella here, one image shows them with the ChemHz/Dog to the right background, they are on the left. They were topped after this image today and will be trained like all the rest in my grow:

Be well...................DD

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hummingbird-the strain-update..

Hummingbird-the strain-update..

This is the one I'm calling Hummingbird, KaliCocoaFlo x JollyBud...first the Red Stem phenos. I have two girls that are aproaching 7 foot by 7 foot.

...below is the stem, I'd like to show how my training has weakened, then broken the branch, yet it remains quite alive with just the remaining bark supplying the nutrients. The bud close up image above on the left is on the end of that branch. It looks quite healthy despite the damage!

The Green Stem pheno is stertching to un-controlable size..over 8 foot now.

..and my Cripple Creek, JollyBud x Cocoa Kush:

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hell yeah doobie , looks mighty fine my friend ... , cant wait to see them flowering later this year ! i will be lurking in from time to time ...

:wave: and have a nice weekend everyone

Fj

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
omfg thats a great looking fat stalk !!
hehehe still got to try and c these irl...wish i had me a outdoor spot....here, if we drive 1 1/2 hour in every direction we are out of the country ....LOL..very little good outdoor spots
Nway seem you are rocking it !!

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
as always bro,sweet spread,im lovin how this is lookin for you.
peace-T-

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Looking spot on...apart from the occasional broken stem :)
Take it easy Doobieduck

M

mugenbao

That's some pretty intense training! Apart from the broken stalks, though, the results look exceptional! If I ever do get that greenhouse I've been dreaming about, I'm going to have to try that :D

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Major Haircuts....

Major Haircuts....

hell yeah doobie ..cant wait to see them flowering later this year .Fj
Thank you FJ..great to have you onboard, I look forward to showing off your genetics in this cross...I can't wait either!
omfg thats a great looking fat stalk !!
Core welcome my freind, getting fatter buddy each day. I'm sorry you have to travel like you do..must suck!
as always bro,sweet spread,im lovin how this is lookin for you.peace-T-
Ton welcome to you too...good to have another pro stop in.
Looking spot on...apart from the occasional broken stem
Paulo welcome, I tried to point out that the broken branches are not an issue. The colas on the ends of those are just as healthy as can be. The bark that remains supplies all the nutrients needed...
.. the results look exceptional! :D
Mugen thank you, glad to have you here for the show.

Today ALL the plants got intensive haircuts and major prunning. Several reasons I do this, thinning helps improve air circulation, it seems to boost the remaining buds growth rate, and seems to improve overall plant health.
I'm a patient but my compassion is photography, this crop also helps level out the plant and spread the colas for image purposes. I get rid of all the smaller buds that are under the canopy as well, those don't develope into much anyway.

All the images in this post are of the Hummingbird Green Pheno..before and after:
picture.php

Although it is hard to tell from the images just how much was removed, I would guess at least 20% if not closer to 30% of the plant. NO fan leaves were removed unless they were completely shaded by others.

Before pixels:

After Pixels:

This plant will spring back from this with-in a day reaching for the sun.

Cheers, thanks for looking, DD

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
Proper hairdos !
I totally agree with you that with as long as feeding occurs normally a broken stem is of no significance at all ;) i was just trying to be funny because your plants look lush even with a broken stem.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strawberry Update

Strawberry Update

I don't have a thread going for my Strawberry cross yet so here is the strawberry update in my grow thread! These pix today. Two confirmed girls now so we will have strawberry colas, and they're going to be FAT! Thanks for looking, cheers, DD

picture.php

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin fantastic Dd,i cant wait to get my rooms done so i can get my thread back going rolling again.
love the pics as always bro.
peace-T-

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
look at the leaves man...i love them so big...the dimentions of some are just plain huge....
keep it up DD :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts