What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

SaintBebo

KR had 12 with 350gph

KR had 12 with 350gph

gmanwho said:
Also FYI, in my situation, i had 12 green misters running on a 395 gph pump, and my mist was not fine enough, dropped it to 6.

Huh? Didn't KR use 12 misters with a 350gph pump? What is different with yours that the same number of misters was too many?

Regards

SaintBebo

Anyone in the know?

Anyone in the know?

2 questions.

How do you connect the water pump to the PVC? What PVC Connectors?

I'm drilling 3/16 holes for the misters to go into (5/32 was a bit too tight). Can I just push them in or do I need some type of sealer? I am worried that the water pressure will push them out.

Thanks!!

SaintBebo

SaintBebo said:
2 questions.

How do you connect the water pump to the PVC? What PVC Connectors?

I'm drilling 3/16 holes for the misters to go into (5/32 was a bit too tight). Can I just push them in or do I need some type of sealer? I am worried that the water pressure will push them out.

Thanks!!

I've since answered both questions by talking with my local hydroponic shop. The pump has a 1/2 threaded connector and the the red misters need a 5/32 hole and then tapped at 10/32. (I still need to buy the tap to verify it.)

SaintBebo

Rapid Rooter Plugs

Rapid Rooter Plugs

gmanwho said:
Using the rapid rooters, i think would defeat the purpose of the cloner. Since the water droplets & mist & air would not come in contact with the stem, but only hit the rapid rooter instead.

I'm geting mixed opinions on the use of rapid rooter plugs in an aerocloner. Have you tried them? How about putting some hydroton under and around the plugs, but inside the net pot? This would prevent the water from directly hitting the plug.

I am basically trying to start from seed in a growing medium that will transfer from an aerocloner 2 inch netpot into a drip system with 3 inch netpots. The drip system came with the rapid rooter plugs so I was inclined to use them. Would you recommend something else?

Regards,

The Saint

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
SaintBebo said:
I'm geting mixed opinions on the use of rapid rooter plugs in an aerocloner. Have you tried them? How about putting some hydroton under and around the plugs, but inside the net pot? This would prevent the water from directly hitting the plug.

I am basically trying to start from seed in a growing medium that will transfer from an aerocloner 2 inch netpot into a drip system with 3 inch netpots. The drip system came with the rapid rooter plugs so I was inclined to use them. Would you recommend something else?

Regards,

The Saint

Rapid Rooter plugs are fine in an aero cloner. They have good water retention so they work fine for cloning (and germing seeds too). I also use them in my aero setup so obviously they would be fine in your aero cloner.

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
You want 80 degree water temps in a cloner. If it gets too high just pitch a frozen bottle in there to bring it down.

senseless

ive been using a timer on my aerocloner and i can honestly say it works better. i got 100% success rate and the clones rooted way faster. some had roots in 5 days!

ive been running 5 minutes ON, 3 minutes OFF.

i was debating on trying 15 min on, 15min off but i thought that would be a long off time. ill definatly be experimenting with on/off times in the future.

senseless

gmanwho

Veteran
senseless said:
ive been using a timer on my aerocloner and i can honestly say it works better. i got 100% success rate and the clones rooted way faster. some had roots in 5 days!

ive been running 5 minutes ON, 3 minutes OFF.

i was debating on trying 15 min on, 15min off but i thought that would be a long off time. ill definatly be experimenting with on/off times in the future.

senseless

The on off cycle does seem to hold some truth. Atleast I know in soil, my plants love to dry out abit before watering. So the slight drying of roots probably increase root development as to it is searching for more water.

In True Aeroponic gardening, ive read, and soon to try, that some use a cycle stat timer set @ 30 seconds on, 4 minutes off cycle.

Just some things to think of, thats all..

B-safe

Last edited:

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Albert - skip the Fox Farm and the PH adjustment, neither is needed for cloning in this environment. Plants uptake various minerals best at different PH levels. Cuttings in a cloner do not need or want food, just H2O. That being the case, the PH has no effect on root development in a clone. The hygrozyme or a drop of H2O2 doesn't hurt and may even keep the water a bit healthier, but neither of them is needed either. Most folks that have been cloning for a long time use plain tap water period.

Critical items to watch are the temps, low level lighting, aeration of the bath, and a dark environment for the lower portion of the cutting. As far as a timer goes, I run 24x7 till I see a full 1/4 inch of roots then switch over to 15min on and 15min off to make the roots "search" for moisture.

JMHO, but I hope it helps. PD

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what drill bit to use for the misters because i cant find the size Ralph stated in the begining of this thread... i have yellow misters with screw-on bottoms

G

researchOnly said:
Can someone tell me what drill bit to use for the misters because i cant find the size Ralph stated in the begining of this thread... i have yellow misters with screw-on bottoms

Should be a 10/32 Tap