What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are your favorite bud boosters?

Cannabologist

Veteran
Some of the things people say lol...

Cannabis wants/needs lots of elements for healthy growth and to bring it to it's fullest potential. You want to impact your yields and resin production? Don't use a P/K boost lol. And don't use broad spectrum lighting with UV included either.

You're feeding chemicals to a media, and your plants are eating those chemicals. They are all the same chemicals - the way you feed them may be different, they are all the same chemicals, and uptaken in the same way, and the plant doesn't care how you feed it. They will perform better if you feed soluble readily available fertilizers in an optimal Ph range, and as well keep your root zone in an optimal range...

In other words, it's all about your environment. You can feed however you like, you can obtain optimal performance in soil or hydro, or fuck em both up equally as well. If you lack a nutrient the plant wants, especially at a particular time it wants/need it, then you might impact your quality/yield. The biggest limiting factors in soil or with organic cannabis is lack of calcium and growers thinking they can "just let the soil do all the work"... You are just giving a plant slow release nutes, often times too slow for cannabis and what it needs and wants, especially in blooming. If someone doesn't know this or can't accept this, well you can't help flat earther's either. I don't have time to type out books worth of science lectures that are going to be dismissed with hippie drivel anyway. And boy oh boy if you want hippie drivel just read threads on icmag!

Use a pk boost. Whats the best? There is no best (well, there are some that are definitely better than others, and some I would avoid) - they all work, they are all good, this is why they are around, and they are companies, and exist, and people buy their products. Its not because it is snake oil or they are just robbing you, companies offer a service/product sure you could maybe do all on your own for cheaper maybe maybe, but also more time and effort for you too.. I go to dunks because it's not only what I want, and they make what I want, it's also convenient. Sure I could pay pennies for what costs me 3 bucks in a cup, but I don't got time for that shit! Oh I'm gonna buy all the ingredients, spend all this time doing it myself. K so I just spent 100 bucks on equipment and ingredients and gotta do it all myself FUCK I just coulda got a 3 dollar coffee made for me in 2 minutes.

Theres a reason why you buy pre-done bottled nutes specifically formulated for cannabis with specific nutrient schedules all done up to reflect what cannabis wants and needs at specific times. Thats why you add a pk booster from week ~4-6, because we figured out it needs it and does best with it. Doesn't matter if you are using high P guano or Koolbloom or Fire, all that does matter is you use something. But if you use (solid) organic amendments, those are all slow release, and you need to really have experience and know what you are doing to have good results - and for a cultivated blooming plant like cannabis that has nutrient requirements off the charts comparable to many other agro food crops like corn, you want to feed those bitches, and often times slow release organic nutes don't cut the mustard. If you're going to argue out of any brand of cal mag not being necessary, especially using some kind of other supplement even like liquid bone meal or the like, over calcium nitrate, idk I can't even have this conversation with someone lol :tiphat:

Or you know fuck me whatever its all bullshit :woohoo:

THC123

Veteran
I agree that you can extra yield with the boosters, but they all influence taste, even with flushing and very low doses. I have done side by sides often. WIth those boosters the buds look nicer and I have a bigger yield, so yeah they work like a charm, but they make my weed too goddamn sweet. I also think cannabis cultivated with good soil and water only is smoother and ready for consumption much quicker. I would say if you want sweet tasty cannabis and big yieldsgo for boosters, if you prefer a more natural smooth taste and lower yield go for living soil.

I Always go for living soil as I vape and I can't stand that fake sweet taste in my vape.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I agree that you can extra yield with the boosters, but they all influence taste, even with flushing and very low doses. I have done side by sides often. WIth those boosters the buds look nicer and I have a bigger yield, so yeah they work like a charm, but they make my weed too goddamn sweet.
Exactly. They all affect flavor, structure, density, aroma.

At the end of the day, I want *ONLY* cannabis in my bowl. Cannabis is an amazing plant, it is not a fruit or a vegetable. It absorbs many things, it retains materials in unconverted states and these materials do not flush/fade out. The best way to stay clean of them is to avoid using them in the first place.

Show me a "Bud Booster" which boosts the size of the buds, while keeping flavor/aroma/density/structure intact, and I may be interested.

BillFarthing

Veteran
Check out Flower Fuel by Element Nutrients. It's a soluble powdered bloom booster with a bunch of biostimulants.

It's MPK, Potassium Sulfate (like Terpinator), Magnesium sulfate (epsom), boron, molybdenum, kelp, chelating agents and vitamin B-1. If I can buy fertilizer that's more concentrated and less bottles, I'm all about it.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Exactly. They all affect flavor, structure, density, aroma.

At the end of the day, I want *ONLY* cannabis in my bowl. Cannabis is an amazing plant, it is not a fruit or a vegetable. It absorbs many things, it retains materials in unconverted states and these materials do not flush/fade out. The best way to stay clean of them is to avoid using them in the first place.

Show me a "Bud Booster" which boosts the size of the buds, while keeping flavor/aroma/density/structure intact, and I may be interested

Exactly, you won't find it, because it does not exist.

Canna did some lab tests, they found that more feed makes more bud, but quality decreases in a linear fashion in line with yield increases.

You can increase the quality of your crop though, but the real secrets lie within Organic Chemistry, not Chemistry. Organic life, not man made chemicals.

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran

Fulvic_farmer

Green Sensation from Plagron is really easy to add and the effects are almost instant.

Worth the price.
Plus my garden is getting beneficial enzymes as well.

jobepla

Green Sensation from Plagron is really easy to add and the effects are almost instant.

Worth the price.
Plus my garden is getting beneficial enzymes as well.

Its not only the enzymes.... I see a big difference in Brix level. I compared 3 different booster with green sensation the last 3 years. I saw a big increase off sugar content. Thats why a lot of growers said that green sensation improves the bud taste.

Fulvic_farmer

Your absolutely right.

The sugar for sure helps with flower stimulation and iv noticed that it maximizes active substance. Like oil production.

Sativan

I use Advanced Nutrients and they work very well supporting all phases of plant growth.
I truly believe that Advanced does work hard to develop cannabis specific nutrients.
Just like Canna, I trust them.
I use Hammerhead, Big Bud and overdrive.

CaliNewby

I think all the nutrient companies that have been around for 20+ years all are canabis specific. Some just don't outright say it lol

Azeotrope

Veteran
My favorite booster is.........NONE! The high P myth is just that, a myth. Great genetics, proper environmental control, solid base feeding program and patience is all yo need.

Fulvic_farmer

Koolbloom is awesome.

When added with the New Millenium system koolbloom really makes the plant take off.

I have found ease using Green Sensation from Plagron as an awesome bloom booster.

hyposomniac

Who here is separating the P and the K, and trying to boost P when it needs P, and boost K when it needs K?
Obviously the ratio in mkp works, but I doubt it is ideal, especially if you consider all phases of growth.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Who here is separating the P and the K, and trying to boost P when it needs P, and boost K when it needs K?
Obviously the ratio in mkp works, but I doubt it is ideal, especially if you consider all phases of growth.

Few... Which is partly why with different phenos, strains, water, growers, methods and gardens, you get some different results. This thread will not give you a sure fire winner for you, but it may well give you some good pointers for things to try yourself.